Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The ruling could be Time served and still be noted as “against the players” 

Yeah no offense to Frank but I don't think Frank knows what he's talking about half the time. I'll wait for a more reliable source than Frank before I freak out.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BillyCan said:

Correction:

So of the 3 girls involved, 2 are students.  1 of the 2 is a cheerleader and has been cheerleading all along.  Of the 2 students, one of the girl's dads is big money.  Unclear if he is attorney or not.  I apologize.  But big-money Dad is hell-bent on these players not playing, I am told.

If true, the racist POS should be exposed by those in the know. 

at this point i just want it to be over so if coach ford needs to recruit more players he can  change his focus accordingly.   

make a decision.   

CBFan and Billiken Rich like this

9 minutes ago, BillyCan said:

Correction:

So of the 3 girls involved, 2 are students.  1 of the 2 is a cheerleader and has been cheerleading all along.  Of the 2 students, one of the girl's dads is big money.  Unclear if he is attorney or not.  I apologize.  But big-money Dad is hell-bent on these players not playing, I am told.

This actually would explain a lot. SLU was probably terrified this whole time of being hit hard with a big lawsuit by the father. 

source.gif

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

at this point i just want it to be over so if coach ford needs to recruit more players he can  change his focus accordingly.   

make a decision.   

Apparently that won't be happening soon either...Frank mentioned the 3 day appeal followed by the 10 day

Just now, kmbilliken said:

Of course it went against the players. Did anyone think making a video of group sex on campus would go unpunished? The real question is what is the punishment?

Would the video not also show these girls engaging in sexual misconduct? If that's what is at play here, why is this cheerleader allowed to keep cheerleading (or whatever the verbiage is) right in front of the SLU bench while the players aren't even allowed to be in the building? Oh yeah, white daddy and his money!

HenryB and RiseOfTheBillikens like this

25 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I agree this is not all of Fred's fault but since he is the sheriff so to speak he has to use his badge at some point.  As far as Fred meddling - define meddling, is it giving a time line that requires a fair but speedy resolution meddling? is keeping people appraised of the process and progress meddling?.  I get that SLU has always taken the path that since they are a private institution they are not obliged to release any information of any kind regarding the school and its operation but just because you don't have to do something does not necessarily mean you shouldn't.  Today people want transparency from all institutions - private and public.  You can not expect people to give donations, buy tix, and support your institution if you run it as a closed system.  I believe Fred should have released several statements about the process and progress - no need to use names - as a way to make everyone feel as if nothing shifty is going on.  Should he be fired for this - no but he will pay the price for the fallout.  I know lawyers will always tell you to say and do nothing but you pay the lawyer and you ultimately make the final decisions.  It is not uncommon for a leader to listen to the advice of lawyers but decide not to do it.  Mark McGuire when he testified to Congress was advised to  admit to nothing and while this may have been sound advice to stay out of jail but nobody involved with the PED situation who talked to Congress was ever charged with perjury and they never were going to be so McGuire should have realized this and come free with the info.  All he accomplished was getting roasted in public and falling out of voting contention for the HOF.  He paid the price for taking the advice of lawyers but I am not sure he made the right decision.

I don't consider either of those examples "meddling" and those are the things I said I wished he'd done.

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Would the video not also show these girls engaging in sexual misconduct? If that's what is at play here, why is this cheerleader allowed to keep cheerleading (or whatever the verbiage is) right in front of the SLU bench while the players aren't even allowed to be in the building? Oh yeah, white daddy and his money!

Is that what is called institutional racism?

You young guys are totally screwed. I heard the results of a survey of millennial age women and 33% of them thought a compliment towards their appearance was sexual harassment. So, don't say things like, I like your hair, that's a pretty dress, you look very nice today.

This world is totally screwed up. Thank you Washington and academia.

brianstl, JMM28 and Bobby Metzinger like this

So if we have an outside investigators report that says X happened and this is the recommendation.....

And then if you have a university hearing officer going in a different direction because of a parent not happy his daughter hooked up with a black guy (Accuser dragging process out).  Then Freddy the P needs to be fired because the lawsuit from the players is gonna kick the university in the nuts and then Daddy's name is gonna get out....

Do the ends justify the means, apparently yes for some Millennial parents.....

Just now, keyser soze said:

So if we have an outside investigators report that says X happened and this is the recommendation.....

And then if you have a university hearing officer going in a different direction because of a parent not happy his daughter hooked up with a black guy (Accuser dragging process out).  Then Freddy the P needs to be fired because the lawsuit from the players is gonna kick the university in the nuts and then Daddy's name is gonna get out....

This is wild to me too. So Fred Pestello is completely left out of the title IX process but a students parents can be involved and influence decisions? That doesn’t sound possible 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

41 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yeah no offense to Frank but I don't think Frank knows what he's talking about half the time. I'll wait for a more reliable source than Frank before I freak out.

like a bunch of message board assumptions if it fits your narrative

Love all the people jumping on the new victim card (well they just doing this because they are black) while at the same time calling the other victim card (everything is sexual assault) being played as what is wrong with society.

14 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

You young guys are totally screwed. I heard the results of a survey of millennial age women and 33% of them thought a compliment towards their appearance was sexual harassment. So, don't say things like, I like your hair, that's a pretty dress, you look very nice today.

This world is totally screwed up. Thank you Washington and academia.

Safe assumption you have heard negative news?

2 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

like a bunch of message board assumptions if it fits your narrative

Love all the people jumping on the new victim card (well they just doing this because they are black) while at the same time calling the other victim card (everything is sexual assault) being played as what is wrong with society.

I believe that you are on the west coast.....

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is wild to me too. So Fred Pestello is completely left out of the title IX process but a students parents can be involved and influence decisions? That doesn’t sound possible 

Freddy P is left out of the actual investigation but I have to believe he was behind the decision for interim suspensions and will be behind the decision for any ultimate punishments handed down.

7 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

Anyone who wants good things for SLU better hope this isn't the actual scenario, because that's the stuff punitive damages are made of.

3 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I believe that you are on the west coast.....

And?

I cant stand that this whole entire thread is a bunch of leaps and assumptions by a bunch of pissed off 60 year olds who dont actually have any of the facts.  Like LITERALLY have no clue what is going on, but make huge wild accusations as fact.

Before calling everyone at SLU racist, sexist, incompetent (which yeah sometimes I agree with), etc..lets wait for the facts to come out. 

Buster likes this