Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, what do we make of this? I guess this is technically a response to the tweet (his "like"). If our senior analysts could chime in that would be great. I'm in the office another 2 hours so I need to waste more time with useless speculation:

https://twitter.com/Precocious_P/status/951907976037699585

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

I should know better than to get my hopes up, and yet...

My hopes are up.

I will begin flogging myself with a cat o' nine tails so the inevitable disappointment doesn't hurt as much.

REMEMBER NYC AFTER WE BEAT VIRGINIA TECH!!!!!

43 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am pretty sure something had to come down yesterday.  There is no way Chris May has a picture of him with those three players posted on an account he has ultimate control of if he wasn't aware of the outcome.

I don't believe May typically travels with the team . Unless there was a sponsor event I thing this has significance. 

49 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Could be a combo of these. I actually think that Ford is Frank's source for some of his SLU scoops. Here, even if he knew, Ford would be prohibited by law from passing along info. Same would apply to anyone involved. Ergo, Frank gets no scoops.

Yes like all people with broadcast rights and privileges affiliated with the Saint Louis Basketball team are under the same gag order. I could see that happening. Marty Brenneman couldn’t even write to Pete Rose while still an employee of the Reds. It’s just insane. 

For the most important post in this thread.... 

I am at the Bucks warriors game.... Red panda halftime show...  She dropped bowls.... TWICE

Okay back to social media speculation 

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Doesn't sound like a team ready to add 3 new guards. 

Or a reporter who knows the same as you and I, which doesn’t amount to anything. Pure speculation at this point, and like Fletch, he’s not going to miss a deadline. The Hoover Dam has more leaks than the Title IX Office. It’s a status quo / don’t rock the boat piece. I’m sure that even if he did know something we don’t That it wouldn’t be subliminally delivered in an article about Roby. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Or a reporter who knows the same as you and I, which doesn’t amount to anything. Pure speculation at this point, and like Fletch, he’s not going to miss a deadline. The Hoover Dam has more leaks than the Title IX Office. It’s a status quo / don’t rock the boat piece. I’m sure that even if he did know something we don’t That it wouldn’t be subliminally delivered in an article about Roby. 

Stu is clueless. SLU must love that they can “no comment” him and that’s that. You know what would make sense to mention in an article about the lack of current guard depth? The missing three, and the mystery surrounding if/when they will return. Noooope, not for Stu. 

Another game another disappointment.  I'm guessing they would have been spotted at pregame warm-up by now.

I don't know why I'm upset about it. I should have known better. I let the glimmer of hope from this thread yesterday get my hopes up from 0% chance  to 5% chance. Just enough to make me mad.