Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I would say very high.

Agree the likely outcome of this process, meaning the sanctions, will not be announced to the public unless they involve expulsion or additional suspension which I think are unlikely outcomes.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, Littlebill said:

IMG_0709.PNG

On 11/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, brianstl said:

The university never made any kind of release when they made the interim suspensions, but they informed Post-Dispatch SLU beat writer, Stu Durando the day of the exhibition.  (I had to skim this interminably long thread to find this; I found it on page 50 [for me -- may be different for non-moderators, as the system continues to count hidden posts for moderators].)

As a result of the pattern, I don't think any SLU official source will announce that the players will play except perhaps to Durando (which probably comes from the SID, not the president's office).  So we await to see what Durando tweets today and tomorrow.

Speculation time, gather around.

AD had a tweet earlier at which someone replied by asking if he was playing tomorrow.  AD never responded.  The only reason this has me raise an eyebrow,  s2 players have been quick to reply if they're not playing. 

VeniceMenace likes this

11 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

As a result of the pattern, I don't think any SLU official source will announce that the players will play except perhaps to Durando (which probably comes from the SID, not the president's office).  So we await to see what Durando tweets today and tomorrow.

Will Stu be in DC for the game? There have been quite a few road games the past several years where "stringers" have been hired.  I know for a fact Stu was not in Portland for that game.   Certainly limits the amount of info he can gather and we can glean. If it's a local writer in DC for the game I hope he's up to speed on the "Situation 2.0"

52 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Speculation time, gather around.

AD had a tweet earlier at which someone replied by asking if he was playing tomorrow.  AD never responded.  The only reason this has me raise an eyebrow,  s2 players have been quick to reply if they're not playing. 

I doubt they know yet.

Not sure why so many on this board think there will be an announcement?  The University only owes a decision and communication to the involved parties.  Outside of that it is a private matter at a private university.

The announcement will be if the players are on the floor or if formal suspensions or expulsions are given? 

The picture speaks volumes in my opinion with the players are on radio silence and social media lockdown.

7 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Not sure why so many on this board think there will be an announcement?  The University only owes a decision and communication to the involved parties.  Outside of that it is a private matter at a private university.

The announcement will be if the players are on the floor or if formal suspensions or expulsions are given? 

The picture speaks volumes in my opinion with the players are on radio silence and social media lockdown.

I think, if anything, the university will announce that a decision has been made after extensive review, but that that decision is a private matter due to blah blah blah guidelines. 

They put themselves in a weird situation by sending out that second email saying that the incident was still under review or whatever. It was a way of acknowledging he elephant in the room without actually acknowledging the elephant in the room. 

17 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Anyone else surprised that Frank C has seemingly been quiet on the S2 issue?  He always likes to see himself on the inside on recruiting issues, would have thought he would want to be out front on this, too.

mhg

1 hour ago, TheBand said:

Will Stu be in DC for the game? There have been quite a few road games the past several years where "stringers" have been hired.  I know for a fact Stu was not in Portland for that game.   Certainly limits the amount of info he can gather and we can glean. If it's a local writer in DC for the game I hope he's up to speed on the "Situation 2.0"

Even when Durando doesn't travel to the away games, he usually does a game preview that appears in the Post-Dispatch the day of the game.  He may be working on that as I type, and he will complete it today.  I'm sure he'll ask if Henriquez, Bishop, and Graves will play.

7 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Anyone else surprised that Frank C has seemingly been quiet on the S2 issue?  He always likes to see himself on the inside on recruiting issues, would have thought he would want to be out front on this, too.

mhg

im sure he doesn't want to get involved more or less.   One slip up on choosing sides could be detrimental to his career. 

4 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

If it’s not done by close of business today they are not playing tomorrow 

I am pretty sure something had to come down yesterday.  There is no way Chris May has a picture of him with those three players posted on an account he has ultimate control of if he wasn't aware of the outcome.

Zink, GoBills73 and DeSmetBilliken like this

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

im sure he doesn't want to get involved more or less.   One slip up on choosing sides could be detrimental to his career. 

Agreed.  Frank C is more of a feel-good always positive stories kind of guy.  This isn't his thing.  He's not going to touch it.

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am pretty sure something had to come down yesterday.  There is no way Chris May has a picture of him with those three players posted on an account he has ultimate control of if he wasn't aware of the outcome.

I want to be hopeful and share this sentiment.  On some level, I do.  However, given how inept the athletic department seems to be, are we really expecting that they are exhibiting this kind of control and planning over the situation?

Bobby Metzinger likes this

47 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

mhg

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Agreed.  Frank C is more of a feel-good always positive stories kind of guy.  This isn't his thing.  He's not going to touch it.

Could be a combo of these. I actually think that Ford is Frank's source for some of his SLU scoops. Here, even if he knew, Ford would be prohibited by law from passing along info. Same would apply to anyone involved. Ergo, Frank gets no scoops.