Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Just now, Littlebill said:

What about Henriquez or Graves?

graves likely wouldnt go regardless because of redshirt scenario.   but if bishop is going and henriquez is not, well imo that isnt good.  

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Bishop is traveling with the team today so if a decision didn't come this morning, I guess it isn't coming today. If a decision did come this morning, I guess he didn't get expelled. 

I would think he or someone would post something showing excitement.  I guess one could say Roby did that, but something a little happier than that.  Only saying this because AD and Bishop haven't been shy with social media.  

I've also heard through the legal community is that she was an honest and unbiased prosecutor.  So the anger toward her is displaced.   Particularly since she apparently just had a baby in mid-November. And if she was and is out (not sure if she's still out but probably) on maternity leave, then she shouldn't be personally blamed for this mess.

My guess is that her department is understaffed and underpaid and, with her gone, things might not be getting done as timely as they should.

Blame the administration, not someone who's got an 8 week old baby and would have been 9 months pregnant when this all blew up.

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

What about Henriquez or Graves?

They haven't let social media know about it so I don't really know. I heard a rumor that Graves won't travel either way because the team is trying to preserve his eligibility to redshirt this semester and I don't think redshirts can travel

6 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

I've also heard through the legal community is that she was an honest and unbiased prosecutor.  So the anger toward her is displaced.   Particularly since she apparently just had a baby in mid-November. And if she was and is out (not sure if she's still out but probably) on maternity leave, then she shouldn't be personally blamed for this mess.

My guess is that her department is understaffed and underpaid and, with her gone, things might not be getting done as timely as they should.

Blame the administration, not someone who's got an 8 week old baby and would have been 9 months pregnant when this all blew up.

This seems out of place and I'm not 100% sure who you're talking about but thanks for the info. This has been in SLU's hands since mid-December. I definitely blame the administration for the slowness since that point. 

50 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

This is an interesting tweet especially if the rumor that wgstl heard is true about a decision coming today.

Roby is saying that if all the S2 bros are cleared, he doesn't want them to play because eligibility for subsequent seasons is more important than their contributions to this, his senior season.

Very mature take by Roby.  Stud Billiken.  This is all predicated upon the presumption that the NCAA won't tell little ol' SLU to piss up a rope with regard to eligibility waivers for the S2 bros.

I fully expect, however, that SLU screwed itself in every way possible, and that the NCAA will just throw them a towel and leave them cold and alone.

28 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

with all due respect, the participants in this trainwreck do/did not deserve all the delays and poor response timing and if she wasnt capable of getting things done as the procedure perscribes in the timely manner there should have been steps taken to make sure someone else could complete the tasks concerned so they could be completed timely.   what our players have unjustly had to endure for an additional 2 + months is beyond ridiculous and they shouldnt have had to suffer for her personal issues.   

dlarry, CBFan and TheA_Bomb like this

32 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

Just because somebody goes on maternity leave doesn't mean everything stops - people lives  go on and she/slu should have planned for that.  I was not somebody blaming her but at some point just throwing your hands up and saying I am not around so everybody just cool your heals is not acceptable.  Maybe she tried but she had a responsibility to make sure the office could function while she was out.

44 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually when a woman is pregnant, there are like signs and stuff, and they usually experience these signs months prior to giving birth. So they (and their employer) have the ability to plan for their impending absence. But what do I know, I'm just like a stable genius guy who has never given birth!

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

with all due respect, the participants in this trainwreck do/did not deserve all the delays and poor response timing and if she wasnt capable of getting things done as the procedure perscribes in the timely manner there should have been steps taken to make sure someone else could complete the tasks concerned so they could be completed timely.   what our players have unjustly had to endure for an additional 2 + months is beyond ridiculous and they shouldnt have had to suffer for her personal issues.   

No truer words have ever been spoken.  What does her having a baby have to do with this absolute abortion of justice for everyone in this situation?

I am compassionate and understand that life is not easy, but a regularly occurring event like having a child is NOT a legitimate excuse to punish 6-7 kids unfairly and force 6-7 kids to put their lives on hold (to varying degrees).  The three basketball players lives will all be less because of her actions.  The women may never want to report anything to authorities again for fear that they will get wrapped up in some ridiculous 120+ day process again.  Everyone loses.

Bobby Metzinger likes this

I'm fine with not blaming Kratky but life goes on at your employer when you have a baby. Her office should have handled this without missing a beat. If they couldn't, then she deserves criticism as the boss. But what role does her office even play? The 3rd party finished the report in mid December. SLU got it. A hearing officer meets with both sides and then a final decision is made. If she was the hearing officer, then the next steps are pretty simple....find a new hearing officer. 

There are no excuses for this delay in investigation. I only hope that a decision was made today and SLU is either waiting until after the appeals process to announce it or SLU is hiding under their private institution blanket and won't ever announce anything and we'll see the players on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually when a woman is pregnant, there are like signs and stuff, and they usually experience these signs months prior to giving birth. So they (and their employer) have the ability to plan for their impending absence. But what do I know, I'm just like a stable genius guy who has never given birth!

image.thumb.png.7d7b2e51265c9452da1e8604a3f73908.png

I think I made another reference to Steve Jobs in this thread but feel this works too.  When Walter Isaacson asked him at the end of his life what was the thing he was most proud of creating, thinking he'd say original Mac or the iPhone, Jobs said it was the team at Apple that would have the ability to create without him.  The pregnancy is not an excuse for slowing the timing of this as she should have a team ready to handle it without her.  As slufan13 said, I don't even know what her office would do in this case but either way, this came out at end of September.  That gave her at least an entire month to make sure the team was ready to handle everything in a timely fashion while she was gone.  If she didn't, then that's her fault.

I don't completely blame her but I don't excuse anybody at SLU that would be involved in this process for having the investigation in their hands since December and still not have this completed.  

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm fine with not blaming Kratky but life goes on at your employer when you have a baby. Her office should have handled this without missing a beat. If they couldn't, then she deserves criticism as the boss. But what role does her office even play? The 3rd party finished the report in mid December. SLU got it. A hearing officer meets with both sides and then a final decision is made. If she was the hearing officer, then the next steps are pretty simple....find a new hearing officer. 

There are no excuses for this delay in investigation. I only hope that a decision was made today and SLU is either waiting until after the appeals process to announce it or SLU is hiding under their private institution blanket and won't ever announce anything and we'll see the players on Saturday.

I wonder if the delay in the 3rd party investigation was due to them knowing they had plenty of time since the office the report went to was not going to do anything with it for awhile?  Just asking.

24 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

You are correct - having worked in a profession dominated by women pregnancies were common and our work could not be delayed or stopped.  We planned for it and the woman who was going on leave - I believe that 6 weeks is not enough but I digress - was responsible for completing all the planning that would allow for the work she was responsible for to be completed in a timely manner.  It was my job to make sure she had what she needed to this and to help in making sure the work was moving forward in her absence.  Perhaps the poster who brought up the pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean that it had any impact on the timing.

I'm curious to see if the outcome (punishment/exoneration) of the investigation is the same for all 3 players or if there are differing levels of culpability. For most of this process I just kind of assumed that they were all in the same boat, but perhaps that is not the case. 

1 hour ago, 3Bill said:

Are you referring to Kratky? Who are you responding to? This is a weird comment to drop in the middle of this thread, when it appears to be a reply to something someone said several (or more) pages ago.

Because if you're saying "Don't drag Kratky's name through the mud, she's on maternity leave", that's completely fair. I don't think people here realized that. They just know she's in charge of the Title IX office, which, as many have pointed out already, is staffed and can function in her absence. There are also Deputy Title IX Coordinators listed here. Furthermore, the investigation was carried out by a third-party investigator. The case started in October, with plenty of time for a plan to be drawn up before her absence.

So yes, if she has indeed been on maternity leave, then criticizing her here and on Twitter is unfair and her name should be left out of it. However, her office and the school are not off the hook for the amount of time this has taken.

Rereading my prior message it see it was not too clear.

my point is only that the venom toward one lawyer who no one in this board knows is kind of ridiculous.   Yes the messsage was “misplaced” as someone pointed out but I’m not going to start a new thread to give this more attention than it deserves.

yes, pregnant women have to make sure things are in place such that jobs get done while they are out.  But who the hell here really knows what’s going on in the title 9 divions within slus legal department?  To call her out individually is wrong.

but feel free to blame the institution in general.  I agree.  Slu seems to suck at basically everything right now 

rgbilliken likes this

1 hour ago, 3Bill said:

Had anyone else seen this photo of her child posted on Facebook?

2dmgg88.jpg

DirtyRican, almaman and dlarry like this

2 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

According to Stu the full team traveled, not sure if the means Graves or not

"Stu, blink twice if you know something...blink twice if it's good news..."

12 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

my point is only that the venom toward one lawyer who no one in this board knows is kind of ridiculous.   Yes the messsage was “misplaced” as someone pointed out but I’m not going to start a new thread to give this more attention than it deserves.

yes, pregnant women have to make sure things are in place such that jobs get done while they are out.  But who the hell here really knows what’s going on in the title 9 divions within slus legal department?  To call her out individually is wrong.

but feel free to blame the institution in general.  I agree.  Slu seems to suck at basically everything right now 

This is entirely fair.

15 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

Can we still direct venom at her for comments about the innocent kid that got suspended from SLU three years ago?