Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Not only have you stayed away from commenting in this thread, you also have stayed away from reading it, apparently. 

Regardless of the "public eye," there are thousands of people who are friends, financial benefactors and alums of this school on both sides of the issue here - this is an incredibly volatile time in the history of our alma mater. The only thing I can give SLU credit for in this time table is that it is probably doing more than her due diligence. If we had a result of this situation right away, we'd all be up in arms about the lack of due diligence and procedural process. The only positive I can think of as the situation enters its fifth month here is that hopefully the administration is exhausting and investigating all possible remedies. It will be a Catch-22 no doubt, but I'm sure that the limiting of the damnation in the "public eye" will be what Pestello hopes to accomplish. 

We are all generally unaware of the situation at the school in regards what is being discussed behind closed doors, John. That's incredibly naive to think otherwise. 

Lol.. nah I think John was right. I’d guess 1 in 50 people I graduated with have any idea what is happening with this situation, or that it is still ongoing at all. The team has sucked for years, and it’s not like we’re missing any returning stud players. Our games aren’t televised outside of STL, and when they are, I’ll maybe get a random text or two from buddies like, “wait I thought you said we were going to be competitive this year?” I used to try and explain (around the Butler game), now it’s more, “yea, we do!” I have given up. 

“Regardless of the "public eye," there are thousands of people who are friends, financial benefactors and alums of this school on both sides of the issue here - this is an incredibly volatile time in the history of our alma mater.”

— this sentence is lol funny, give me a break

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

this dude, too funny.

This one had me rolling on the floor laughing (ROTFL to those less than 25 years of age):

Replying to @SaintLouisMBB

Any truth to the rumor that every fan in section 105 gets a free pet snail named Fred in celebration of 105 days of a slow and spineless lack of decision making? #invertebrate

(sorry, I have no idea how to post a pic of the actual tweet)

MattyMo213, VeniceMenace and wgstl like this

53 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Lol.. nah I think John was right. I’d guess 1 in 50 people I graduated with have any idea what is happening with this situation, or that it is still ongoing at all. The team has sucked for years, and it’s not like we’re missing any returning stud players. Our games aren’t televised outside of STL, and when they are, I’ll maybe get a random text or two from buddies like, “wait I though my you said we were going to be competitive this year?” I used to try and explain (around the Butler game), now it’s more, “yea, we do!” I have given up. 

“Regardless of the "public eye," there are thousands of people who are friends, financial benefactors and alums of this school on both sides of the issue here - this is an incredibly volatile time in the history of our alma mater.”

— this sentence is lol funny, give me a break

I have gotten a few text from people expressing concern or with questions, some with more fire than others....IMG_3545.thumb.PNG.3f05e55ede0aaa4bd30740eef4b7d80c.PNG

majerus mojo likes this

13 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If one of the accusers is really a cheerleader, and it turns out the three are innocent, they better suspend her for falsely accusing the players for the same smount of games that the players missed and then some more

if This girl had professional cheerleading aspirations, yes. Eye for an eye. 

13 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I have heard once that no institution will accept a transfer which under a sexual assault investigation.  That makes sense.

Pretty sure this is correct. I read where Oregon or Oregon St got in some hot water w/ NCAA for taking a transfer under a Title IX investigation. These guys are frozen until it's resolved.

15 hours ago, wgstl said:

im going to be that tool for a second and say "my sources say", but I just heard something from someone who doesnt have much SLU ties at all, so take it for what it is.  He said he heard from someone within that the "mysterious 4th" was a recruit.   I understand a lot of people on this board said she took that back, but is that for sure?  I hope this is completely inaccurate,  i'm just spreading more gossip.

Also he said Thursday is when something is supposed to be said, so I guess we could wait to see just how far off they were on this. 

Well I don't have any info but would highly doubt it would be any of the 3 that signed in November since this started in September and not sure why you would sign at a school if you are accused of something you didn't do before you even went there (under the assumption they didn't because would hope Ford and Co would be smart enough to rescind offer if it actually looked like kid did commit sexual assault on a visit).  

billikenfan05 likes this

55 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Well I don't have any info but would highly doubt it would be any of the 3 that signed in November since this started in September and not sure why you would sign at a school if you are accused of something you didn't do before you even went there (under the assumption they didn't because would hope Ford and Co would be smart enough to rescind offer if it actually looked like kid did commit sexual assault on a visit).  

I can assure you that that is absolutely false.

billikenfan05 likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Pretty sure this is correct. I read where Oregon or Oregon St got in some hot water w/ NCAA for taking a transfer under a Title IX investigation. These guys are frozen until it's resolved.

Oregon settled a lawsuit out of court for $800,000 for damages from an alleged sexual assault involving a transfer player who case had already been adjudicated.  The investigation was over and the player had been suspended for the year at his previous school.

2 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

For S1, didn't 2 of ours transfer? One was Smyth & other I can't recall. One went  to Ohio U and another IUPUI.

They were already transferring before the incident. The charges weren’t levied against any players until that fall and since they were gone there was no power SLU had over them.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, Cowboy said:

-I heard a gentleman at the Richmond game who said he was Ty Graves father give some interesting information about S2, he said there was a cheerleader involved who was at the game Sat night cheering, said everything was consensual, said the text messages between the women was part of the reason no criminal charges will be brought, said the women bought the condoms, said the women put the condoms on the guys, said there was a fourth person (player) and he has no idea why this person is playing and his son isn't, said the video was thought to have been posted to a private site but mistakenly it was a public site, Ty was moved back into SLU housing in the last few days,  said the players were taken by police car from the campus every day to their living quarters, the hearing officer is a white woman, DrP  is doing nothing, CMay is trying, the U administration has totally botched this, he said one of the women wants nothing more to do the investigation and is not able to be found since the semester ended , said in the next few days there should be a decision

17 hours ago, wgstl said:

im going to be that tool for a second and say "my sources say", but I just heard something from someone who doesnt have much SLU ties at all, so take it for what it is.  He said he heard from someone within that the "mysterious 4th" was a recruit.   I understand a lot of people on this board said she took that back, but is that for sure?  I hope this is completely inaccurate,  i'm just spreading more gossip.

Also he said Thursday is when something is supposed to be said, so I guess we could wait to see just how far off they were on this. 

-who knows as to when, if ever?, a decision will be made? very, very few is my suspicion

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I have heard once that no institution will accept a transfer which under a sexual assault investigation.  That makes sense.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I have been wondering why the players if they think they have been wronged why would they not transfer, these two posts is the answer to my question.

4 minutes ago, kshoe said:

They were already transferring before the incident. The charges weren’t levied against any players until that fall and since they were gone there was no power SLU had over them.

S1 wasn't a Title IX investigation.  The "Dear Colleague" letter didn't go out until 2011 and that is when Title IX got involved with on campus sexual assaults.  Smith and Johnson announced they were transferring the last week of April 2010.  That said, the case was reported to SLU and the police the weekend after that and Jordan and Smith didn't decide which schools they were transferring to until after that.  Jordan for example announced he was going to Ball St. at that end of May.  Smith announced he was going to Ohio shortly after that.