Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I have no idea if it's true or not, but have to disagree with you here IF the girl(s) engaged in the same conduct that violated the SLU code of conduct which prompted the interim suspensions for the players.  I suspect SLU would defend its actions by pointing out how the guys received the interim suspension for possibly violating more/different portions of the code of conduct.  

I agree that if the action is the same it makes sense to hold everyone out. I’m just saying I can see the general framework for:

Player X is accused of Y. They will sit out until it’s investigated.

Student A was technically accused of nothing, they can continue business as normal until investigation is finished.

That said, I have no idea what happened or who is accusing whom and of what exactly, so difficult to speculate.

1 minute ago, NH said:

I agree that if the action is the same it makes sense to hold everyone out. I’m just saying I can see the general framework for:

Player X is accused of Y. They will sit out until it’s investigated.

Student A was technically accused of nothing, they can continue business as normal until investigation is finished.

That said, I have no idea what happened or who is accusing whom and of what exactly, so difficult to speculate.

I suspect you’re right on the framework and equally right on the difficulty of speculation.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Is she a partner or just work at the firm?

Not a huge deal but if she is a partner she is a much bigger deal than if she just works for Rosenblum. 

Technically, she's a "principal".  A "principal" at a professional corporation (which Rosenblum's firm is) is the equivalent to a partner at a partnership. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm leery of clicking that link.  Does "L.M.G.T.F.Y." stand for "Let me get this for you"?

My presumption is that Jay Critch is a rap artist AD admires.  I'll take his word for it; my interest in Henriquez is watching him play hoops, not in his criticism in pop culture, so I'm not motivated to do any further research on that tweet.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Did you see Stu's tweet about Jenna Glass - who exactly is she and if she is employed by SLU then why is she tweeting?  Can this thing get any more screwed up.

She is a local criminal defense attorney. (I went to grade school and law school with her.) She represents 3 of the players. 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Technically, she's a "principal".  A "principal" at a professional corporation (which Rosenblum's firm is) is the equivalent to a partner at a partnership. 

Ok.

Thanks for the classification. So she's big time.