Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

31 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you are an idiot.   no one has said on this board more than me, expel them if they are guilty.  conversely if the players should be cleared so beit.    my beef is soley with the process and the absurb length of time this has taken.   NEVER have i said i just want to win basketball games dam the justice or anything akin to that.   

make a decision.

Take it up with Claire McCaskill and Roy Blount.

They are the ones who can do something about it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tilky you should have stayed in your soccer thread.   i know for me i am done with you as you go on ignore.   i only have two other posters on ignore you become number 3.   enjoy your self misery.  

6 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

It's quite easy to read past a post if you don't want to engage.

Yes, but I do wish that @SluSignGuy would, if it's possible with the forum software, enable blocking ignored users even in quotes, like in the A-10 forum.

Also, there's a bug in the software such that if you're adding a reply or select "show replies" from the pop-up when new messages are added, ignored users' content show automatically, as if you'd chosen "show this post."

On 12/8/2017 at 4:46 PM, kmbilliken said:

If the violation is posting the video, did all three post it? I doubt that and I doubt all three concurred it should be done. If they did, it looks bad for all three. If it was just one, it looks bad for that one. If it is something else that all agreed to, any punishment should also include the women.

https://twitter.com/studurando/status/940255033509244928

I am sorry if I missed the answer to this in the first 108 pages and I am 100% guilty of rumor mongering and will own it, so....

I have heard one of the girls involved is a cheerleader and has been at the games? If true, that seems like the ultimate double standard. I have no interest in knowing who the girl is, just curious if that is actually the case.

1 minute ago, shempie said:

I am sorry if I missed the answer to this in the first 108 pages and I am 100% guilty of rumor mongering and will own it, so....

I have heard one of the girls involved is a cheerleader and has been at the games? If true, that seems like the ultimate double standard. I have no interest in knowing who the girl is, just curious if that is actually the case.

it would sorta make sense why the players "aren't allowed" into the arena on game day. 

9 minutes ago, shempie said:

I have no idea whether or not that’s true and in no way do I assume the players are guilty of a single thing. That said, it would in no way feel like a double standard if she was still involved to attend games, unless she were accused of a similar infraction.

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

tilky you should have stayed in your soccer thread.   i know for me i am done with you as you go on ignore.   i only have two other posters on ignore you become number 3.   enjoy your self misery.  

Kind of what I figured.

It is a shame you don't want to debate without blue/white glasses.

22 minutes ago, shempie said:

As far as it being a cheerleader, Jesus....it’s not really a double standard. I guess if you want to consider they are being held out for a violation of campus rules including underage drinking or cohabitation then yes there’s somewhat of a double standard but as far as the other sh!t no way. 

12 minutes ago, NH said:

I have no idea whether or not that’s true and in no way do I assume the players are guilty of a single thing. That said, it would in no way feel like a double standard if she was still involved to attend games, unless she were accused of a similar infraction.

i dont think the suspensions are a requirement of the title 9 requirement.   the players could be playing and start a suspension if warranted after the final decision is made.   i wouldnt bet the farm on that as i am not a notre dame attorney like some on this board fancy themselves.   but that is the way i understand the suspension aspect of this fiasco.  

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

As far as it being a cheerleader, Jesus....it’s not really a double standard. I guess if you want to consider they are being held out for a violation of campus rules including underage drinking or cohabitation then yes there’s somewhat of a double standard but as far as the other sh!t no way. 

Of course. It seems the campus code of conduct  would cut both ways, but the criminal allegations are a completely different story. Honestly, it must be impossible to buy a male college student in today's world. 

25 minutes ago, NH said:

I have no idea if it's true or not, but have to disagree with you here IF the girl(s) engaged in the same conduct that violated the SLU code of conduct which prompted the interim suspensions for the players.  I suspect SLU would defend its actions by pointing out how the guys received the interim suspension for possibly violating more/different portions of the code of conduct.