Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Freak out and forfeit? Would I still win my bet of Bills +13.5 if that happened?

11 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

What would VT do differently at this point to prepare for two guys who haven't played all year and never have played in a real game with this team (as currently configured)?

Okay, as currently configured, the rest of the team have not played but 2 games together against poor competition.  I kind of think getting the 2 players back would be a huge boost, both motionally and level of talent now going 9 deep, rather than 7.  RA is currently our 8th and Coach has shown little confidence in him.  

9 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Okay, as currently configured, the rest of the team have not played but 2 games together against poor competition.  I kind of think getting the 2 players back would be a huge boost, both motionally and level of talent now going 9 deep, rather than 7.  RA is currently our 8th and Coach has shown little confidence in him.  

No doubt. But I don't know how VT would change its game plan. Not try to run us ragged?

Slu has played two greater teams than VT so VT might be rusty in the beginning. We can take advantage of that and make them scared to rebound like last time. 

Rockhurst would beat citadel anytime. 

This defensive team reminds me of Jett and Evans senior year. If our offense clicks, we can win. 

Team leaders this game will be french Bess and Goodwin. Johnson will hit his threes, foreman will have his best game yet, roby will perform  

18 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

No doubt. But I don't know how VT would change its game plan. Not try to run us ragged?

Without the 2 extra quality players, VT will likely run us ragged.  With them, 9 to 10 deep ...... they probably can't.  Would love to have Bishop for his ball handling.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

If Old Guy can figure out how to render blue font (sarcasm), then I guess anything is possible!

I have my moments Quality is Job1, and indeed anything is possible. I was looking at the Teamrankings analysis for tonight and I think we can do it. We will have to play all out defense tonight to screw up their game but I think we may be able to pull it after all. This is not certain of course, but it is possible, we can win this game. 

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

No way, the press would have a field day with that. At the minimum SLU has to put out a press release exonerating the players if that is the case.  My damn complaint is why SLU is taking the full 60 days allowed for the investigation.  It has been over 50 days since the letter was released regarding the matter by SLU's President.  Why drag this to the last day?

This highly embarrassing episode just needs to be put in the rear view mirror as quietly as possible. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

I would bet money that they traveled for one or both these reasons:

1. In case the suspension was able to be lifted.

2. To make sure they could be monitored.

In regard to number 2, if you were being accused of what they are, and are missing games because of it, why would you even think of doing something along those lines again...

I think hoping the decision is made and having them there because of this is more likely

4 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

In regard to number 2, if you were being accused of what they are, and are missing games because of it, why would you even think of doing something along those lines again...

I think hoping the decision is made and having them there because of this is more likely

Oh I wasn’t referring to public safety I was referring to their safety 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would bet money that they traveled for one or both these reasons:

1. In case the suspension was able to be lifted.

2. To make sure they could be monitored.

To practice with the team. Easier with 10 rather than 9. 

If we have to play with 8 players and after awhile 9 once Welmer can play we will run out of gas before the year ends.  We lived through that when Crews had his last good year here.  We need another guard and shooter big time to get through the year.  We need a resolution this matter sooner rather than later.

Big time statement on national TV. The fact we did that with 8 scholarship players available is even more impressive. We are good now, and we are only going to get better. That grit shown in practice carried over to the bright lights of MSG. We showed great purpose and competitiveness all night. It feels good to be a Billiken fan tonight!

35 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If we have to play with 8 players and after awhile 9 once Welmer can play we will run out of gas before the year ends.  We lived through that when Crews had his last good year here.  We need another guard and shooter big time to get through the year.  We need a resolution this matter sooner rather than later.

Will we have to know something by definition when the sixty day thing up? 

Do not go crazy about this almaman but the last I read about title IX indicates they have changed the regs and the process can take more than 60 days. Also, the process does not start until the full investigation by the police is finished. We may wait for a while waiting for the wheels to turn.