Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somebody send me a pm with the players involved?  I would never post that information or spread it around but I need to know how disturbed to be about this development.

Already taken care of Thanks MM

Thanks,

Rich 

Edited by Billiken Rich
Already taken care of

I went back and read my posts from 2010 on the first incident.  Here in 2017 I have a new perspective, first I want to say I hope the young women involved are ok and will receive the support and counseling they will need.  As for the team, since this is a sports board, if any of the players are guilty of sexual assault, no matter how good of a player they are, that individual(s) must be held responsible.  The team will go on, the season will go on and the players that take the floor for the first game will and should receive our support.

15 minutes ago, sluhomer said:

I went back and read my posts from 2010 on the first incident.  Here in 2017 I have a new perspective, first I want to say I hope the young women involved are ok and will receive the support and counseling they will need.  As for the team, since this is a sports board, if any of the players are guilty of sexual assault, no matter how good of a player they are, that individual(s) must be held responsible.  The team will go on, the season will go on and the players that take the floor for the first game will and should receive our support.

Agreed.  

Sounds like everyone needs something to raise their hopes for this season.

Just think, you can take 3 or 4 players off this team and it will still be one of the more talented teams we have seen in years.  Even with whatever happens, once names are released, I am still looking forward to seeing this team take the floor.

TFord and TRavs and MattyMo213 like this

1 minute ago, sluhomer said:

Sounds like everyone needs something to raise their hopes for this season.

Just think, you can take 3 or 4 players off this team and it will still be one of the more talented teams we have seen in years.  Even with whatever happens, once names are released, I am still looking forward to seeing this team take the floor.

I like you

2 minutes ago, Craigsbrokenbat said:

It's disturbing no matter which players were involved. 

Thanks for that.  I was certainly implying sexual assault is only disturbing if it involves the good players.  If it wasn't for you I'd never have seen the error of my ways.  You are a great person.  We need more people like you.  Thanks SO much!

1 minute ago, Craigsbrokenbat said:

It's disturbing no matter which players were involved. 

The allegations are indeed disturbing. But I’ll say it again. They are only allegations at this point. You’re innocent until proven guilty and until the police release a decision on wether or not to file charges I’m going to wait to judge either party involved.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Innocent until proven guilty, remember Duke Lacrosse.

Agree 100 percent with sluhomer's post.

Completely agree. I know it seems harsh at first blush, and I certainly mean no offense to these women, but I do hope that SLU let's all the facts come to light before making a knee jerk reaction in an attempt to appear that it will absolutely not tolerate this behavior

Read the previous article from back in 2010 - would expect that even if no charges are filed, the alleged parties more than likely would appear before the University's Student Conduct committee like last time. I attached the prior article for reference.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/two-slu-players-suspended-amid-sex-assault-allegations/article_ac3cea15-8003-56e7-8035-d8ca93d41160.html

14 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

Completely agree. I know it seems harsh at first blush, and I certainly mean no offense to these women, but I do hope that SLU let's all the facts come to light before making a knee jerk reaction in an attempt to appear that it will absolutely not tolerate this behavior

I don't think the current administration is interested in "appearing" to not tolerate this behavior.  I'd expect them to err on the side of no tolerance.  

Remember that charges don't need to be filed discipline to be applied.  And even if charges are not filed, it doesn't mean nothing happened.

At this point I don't care.  I'm sick of this crap.  If they need to have a gotdamn "this is how not to sexually assault woman, you idiots" class for new students then so be. 

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Could somebody send me a pm with the players involved?  I would never post that information or spread it around but I need to know how disturbed to be about this development.

Thanks,

Rich 

I would appreciate if someone would do the same for me please.

thank you.

4 minutes ago, ARon said:

I don't think the current administration is interested in "appearing" to not tolerate this behavior.  I'd expect them to err on the side of no tolerance.  

Remember that charges don't need to be filed discipline to be applied.  And even if charges are not filed, it doesn't mean nothing happened.

At this point I don't care.  I'm sick of this crap.  If they need to have a gotdamn "this is how not to sexually assault woman, you idiots" class for new students then so be. 

I played a sport at a different NCAA school, and our AD required us to sit through a lecture on a 'no means no' situation..