SluSignGuy

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

With a full team we are top 2 in the conference without question 

Which means that situation 2 will cost the school at least 1.6 million in lost NCAA units. 

Situatuon 1 cost the school probably in the 1.4 range and that’s figuring just an appearance and no further runs in subsequent years. 

Tough loss tonight. Without seeing it as I could only listen to radio it sounded like the short bench once again had something to do with the loss. We can thank the darn Title !X for helping our opponent win a game they probably had no business winning.

11 minutes ago, David King said:

A heroic effort by the best Billikens team in years. This loss rests squarely on the shoulders of the several thousand fair-weather fans; especially season ticket holders; who weren't in the stands tonight.

They should let fans move and sit in those plush empty mid-court seats. All those empty seats are a bad optic on national TV.

I was there, they played very well and it was just by chance they tied in regulation time. One more FT basket, one less TO, one less erroneous call by the refs would have made us win in regulation time. You must give it to VCU, they can play to cause TOs that is what they did to us and that is how they won this one. Great effort. Now on to Dayton.

Plain and simple ... ran out of gas.  Bess was exhausted, ergo bad legs on game-clinching free throw.  Roby was the only ballhandler and the fatigue wore him down late.  No bench due to administration.  I watched ... but my enthusiasm to watch and post is all shot.  Wondering why Johnson is suddenly Foreman and Foreman is now Johnson.  Short of Tillman, we owned VCU. 

LindellWest likes this

56 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Plain and simple ... ran out of gas.  Bess was exhausted, ergo bad legs on game-clinching free throw.  Roby was the only ballhandler and the fatigue wore him down late.  No bench due to administration.  I watched ... but my enthusiasm to watch and post is all shot.  Wondering why Johnson is suddenly Foreman and Foreman is now Johnson.  Short of Tillman, we owned VCU. 

Johnson has zero confidence right now.

Billfan7 likes this

9 hours ago, David King said:

A heroic effort by the best Billikens team in years. This loss rests squarely on the shoulders of the several thousand fair-weather fans; especially season ticket holders; who weren't in the stands tonight.

Up yours idiot I live in Cedar Hill and I get up at 4 am and I was one thosed fans that put my job over the game.

My other half drives from Perryville Mo. to make the games during the week and she gets up at 3 am.

The loss was by the slimmest of margins such as if Bess goes 10 for 10 from the line, the waved off tip in, all of the turnovers and the short bench caused by S2.

You are definitely one of the worse on this site ignore time for you.

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Up yours idiot I live in Cedar Hill and I get up at 4 am and I was one thosed fans that put my job over the game.

My other half drives from Perryville Mo. to make the games during the week and she gets up at 3 am.

The loss was by the slimmest of margins such as if Bess goes 10 for 10 from the line, the waved off tip in, all of the turnovers and the short bench caused by S2.

You are definitely one of the worse on this site ignore time for you.

Perryville shout out! Go Indians!

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Johnson has zero confidence right now.

It's interesting that Ford used his bench for a total of 23 minutes last night.  I thought Anthony was pretty good in his 5 minutes.  You play the bench guys an extra 3 to 5 minutes each, and then the totals for the five starters come down and maybe make a difference.  Yeah, that's Monday morning quarterback.  OK, the starters were playing pretty well, but in the end would an extra blow given the team that slight edge they needed? 

Johnson has gone from 40 minutes (10 points) v Murray State, 39 min v Campbell (17 points)  to 9 minutes and no points last night. It is hard to have confidence when your playing time has all but evaporated.  With Johnson's FT ability, I have him in the game to close it down.  He is a good rebounder and he can hit his FT's.  

-the guys ran out of gas, DR looked totally gassed at the end, very interesting difference in officiating first half versus second, I guess CFord kept the guys with 4 fouls in the game to foul at the end as he either had no confidence in the three on the bench or didn't realize we had 3 players with 4 fouls or wanted to use the 30 seconds as a break if one fouled out and if we could make 3's.......

-also disappointed in that I remember when VCU games were well attended, I hope well attended games are not a memory that doesn't get revisited

-where were you DrP? hiding? 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

It's interesting that Ford used his bench for a total of 23 minutes last night.  I thought Anthony was pretty good in his 5 minutes.  You play the bench guys an extra 3 to 5 minutes each, and then the totals for the five starters come down and maybe make a difference.  Yeah, that's Monday morning quarterback.  OK, the starters were playing pretty well, but in the end would an extra blow given the team that slight edge they needed? 

Johnson has gone from 40 minutes (10 points) v Murray State, 39 min v Campbell (17 points)  to 9 minutes and no points last night. It is hard to have confidence when your playing time has all but evaporated.  With Johnson's FT ability, I have him in the game to close it down.  He is a good rebounder and he can hit his FT's.  

He couldn't defend anyone, so Ford pulled him several times. 

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

There were a few times in the 2nd half I thought Ford should have called timeout to let the team rest and regroup.

Question since I was unable to watch the game: did we have any TO's left at the end of the game? Maybe I'm in the minority in this thinking and it's probably the wrong strategy but given our very short bench, SLU should never end a game with a TO left.

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Question since I was unable to watch the game: did we have any TO's left at the end of the game? Maybe I'm in the minority in this thinking and it's probably the wrong strategy but given our very short bench, SLU should never end a game with a TO left.

No