Katherine Weathers- hearing officer?

gobillsgo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

This is the twitter page of the apparent hearing officer from the investigation. 

And as a troll job... she liked a tweet from Mike Crawford about a win from earlier this season... is that so that she can claim that she wasn’t biased against the team?  That’s the only like regarding the basketball team. 

B70E22FE-81B4-487C-ACCF-8BF4BAAF830D.png

4547BE6D-E919-47F6-A973-3D4EAD7A15AA.png

LOCK HER UP!!!

The real question is why was she allowed to be in the investigation if she was biased. Honestly she should have been corrupted by the media while the trial was ongoing and they would release her from the investigation to avoid bias. It’s very interesting how much bias was in  this whole situation though that it isn’t stated by the university that the Investigators were corrupt even though the can abide by the first amendment. This was bias, and it clearly shows it.

Edited by Ballingmeanthegradesfallin

I have never been under the impression that Title IX officers were anything but bias? Where did this belief that Title IX was created with the intention of being unbias? look at every single person in a title ix office/department.. for starters they are always 100% women. I dont think showing her at the women's march is going to make any person in academia or on the left flinch twice...

But like I stated months ago when this all first came out.. SLU is going to lose out bad on this regardless of the results. SLU had NO chance at wining here. Either you are victim blaming or throwing black men under the bus...you are going to have the left eating each other between the "women's rights" vs "BLM" victim groups. Now...this is exactly what is happening. Going to be a lof of conflicted leftists out there on this one.  But this is the world we live in now. 

On 1/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, HoosierBilliken said:

No, that would hurt the players and the coach.  Let Rosenblum sue them.  The appeal is probably going to be a joke, but I would come with a full frontal attack.  Gloves are off.  

I can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  

People need to leave Weathers alone.  She is only doing what her misguided mind is telling her.

Frustration needs to be squarely pointed at Pestello.  Pestello needs to immediately answer to why he appointed her as a Hearing Officer.  Pestello is going to sweat this.  He has got to realize this was a huge mistake.   

14 minutes ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

The real question is why was she allowed to be in the investigation if she was biased. Honestly she should have been corrupted by the media while the trial was ongoing and they would release her from the investigation to avoid bias. It’s very interesting how much bias was in  this whole situation though that it isn’t stated by the university that the Investigators were corrupt even though the can abide by the first amendment. This was bias, and it clearly shows it.

Probably because pesty has the same far left mindset and thinks she's normal

15 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

I have never been under the impression that Title IX officers were anything but bias? Where did this belief that Title IX was created with the intention of being unbias? look at every single person in a title ix office/department.. for starters they are always 100% women. I dont think showing her at the women's march is going to make any person in academia or on the left flinch twice...

But like I stated months ago when this all first came out.. SLU is going to lose out bad on this regardless of the results. SLU had NO chance at wining here. Either you are victim blaming or throwing black men under the bus...you are going to have the left eating each other between the "women's rights" vs "BLM" victim groups. Now...this is exactly what is happening. Going to be a lof of conflicted leftists out there on this one.  But this is the world we live in now. 

That's a bunch of crap.   All SLU had to do was look at the facts and act accordingly. They chose to throw the guys under the bus in the name of leftist political correctness.  Anyone involved with this abominable sham should be gone.  Stop making SLU out to be innocent victims.

TheA_Bomb likes this

6 minutes ago, HenryB said:

That's a bunch of crap.   All SLU had to do was look at the facts and act accordingly. They chose to throw the guys under the bus in the name of leftist political correctness.  Anyone involved with this abominable sham should be gone.  Stop making SLU out to be innocent victims.

im making out slu to be the innocent victims? 

LOL okay buddy. This board is ridiculous in so many ways... no wonder most students/alumni decide to stay away and not converse with the insane regulars that are posting here day in and out. 

SLU and St Louis in general have a lot of problems...this board is a small snapshot of just that. Im done.

My issue is not with this woman. From what you all have posted about her, nothing seems egregious or unfair. She was at the woman’s march? Good for her. She disagrees with president trump? Such is her right.

The real issue is not this woman but rather whoever thought it was a good idea to have a single individual decide this process.

1 minute ago, NH said:

My issue is not with this woman. From what you all have posted about her, nothing seems egregious or unfair. She was at the woman’s march? Good for her. She disagrees with president trump? Such is her right.

The real issue is not this woman but rather whoever thought it was a good idea to have a single individual decide this process.

It was a little touchdown dancing on the ashes of Billiken athletics 

5 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

im making out slu to be the innocent victims? 

LOL okay buddy. This board is ridiculous in so many ways... no wonder most students/alumni decide to stay away and not converse with the insane regulars that are posting here day in and out. 

Im done.

Getting rid of you might make me poster of the year.  Keep your word and don't come back.  Maybe you can hang out with Fred and Katherine. 

9 minutes ago, NH said:

You have a right to say that, NH, but her task is to be impartial. I’ll just say it right now, we live in an timewhere it’s downright impossible to do so, but we need to hold the feet to the fire the folks that are tasked with being impartial. The folks that have access to sensitive information and have the ability to make decisions that will alter lives for the better or worse. Her public displays of affection towards a movement that labels all men predators is a glaring indictment of her inability to be impartial. And we all should be questioning why SLU did not recognize this earlier. 

1 hour ago, 615Billiken said:

I want the players to stand up to SLU and I want SLU to pay the consequences for how they handled this. I also enjoyed witnessing Weathers crap her pants and delete her twitter. But do her social media left leaning dense cues really mean anything?

Who doesn’t have left or right leaning bias? Can it really be legally determined that her social media posts influenced her decision? 

And lastly, while I’m frustrated with Pestello’s turtle self, can we really criticize him for giving Weather’s the case? The buck stops with him, and institutional failures (this one included) fall on him. But i would hate to have my social media snooped by my boss.

Of course her bias can be a factor in an appeal. I can guarantee it will be a point of emphasis if it ever goes to trial.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

<can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  >

Mirroring all that's happened in D C last year and a day. The Lunatic has taken over the asylum and put foxes in charge of every hen house. Be it HUD, Education, ecology, internet on an on.

Weathers is our Devos and her ilk.

Uh, Devos is trying to unscrew up what the prior administration did with Title IX.  Weathers is a leftist.  Devos is a rightist.

1 hour ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

I had no idea, but I guess it isn't surprising.  If anything, this should be a wake up call.  SLU's Title IX policies will be forced to be changed eventually based upon S2.  I guarantee.  The fallout has only begun.  

5 minutes ago, almaman said:

So maybe if the Devos forces were in charge the boys would be playing? Then drill baby drill.

Peace.  I think the proper action isn't against Weathers.  It's against Pestello for allowing the Title IX process to be entrenched with social justice warriors.  I would be okay with lefties and righties being equally represented in the deciding processes.  The perception is that only the bleeding heart man haters are represented.  Show me that I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, almaman said:

So maybe if the Devos forces were in charge the boys would be playing? Then drill baby drill.

Friend, consider this quote: 

There are no two sides when it comes to rape. Period,” NitaChaudhary, co-founder of feminist organization UltraViolet, said in a press statement after DeVos’ announcement. “With sexual assaults routinely going unreported, un-investigated and unpunished, the scales are already heavily tipped in the favor of rapists. The idea that we need to focus more on the rights of the accused would be laughable if it weren’t so terrifying and outright dangerous.” 

This quote was in reference to comments that Devos made reference Title IX.  It seems that Weathers would have similar thoughts as NitaChaudhary.  People like this surely do not care about due process, nor a fair investigation that scrutinizes both the accuser and the alleged suspect.  Guess what, the accused do have rights. Guess what, there have been cases of where women have lied about rape.  Scary. 

33 minutes ago, almaman said:

You know it is possible for a person or an administration to be right about one thing and wrong about another.  Devos is 100% correct about the perversion that has happened with Title IX when it comes to sexual assault.

44 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Peace.  I think the proper action isn't against Weathers.  It's against Pestello for allowing the Title IX process to be entrenched with social justice warriors.  I would be okay with lefties and righties being equally represented in the deciding processes.  The perception is that only the bleeding heart man haters are represented.  Show me that I'm wrong.

You are wrong. No conservatives are allowed in positions of power anymore on college campuses☹️