SLU stance on this pressing issues

While I haven’t been a board member on this site for much over a few months, I am interested in why SLU continually contradicts inself in these situations. For a university such as SLU to say they are living the Catholic teachings of forgiveness and the liberal principles the county subscribes to these days. I am interested in knowing why a university such as SLU that is way left in there teachings is railroading these 4 athletes? Please someone talk some sense into me how this can be.

Cynical answer: they need the enrollment numbers. If the gossip at the high school parents meetings turns to suggestions that  so and so's daughter had some encounter with a black basketball player, which obviously only happened because he did something wrong to make her do it, and SLU did nothing about it, people won't send their daughters to school there. If SLU can't draw from the white suburban girl market, they're toast. 

On the contrary, news that SLU doesn't treat black students fairly won't make much of a difference from an enrollment aspect. It could trigger a federal investigation, but they'll be A-ok on enrollment.

SLU just killed a great resource for enrollment, alumni.  

I have a 13 year old daughter, why would I send her to a university that allowed “sexual predators” to remain on campus for 4 months after their allegations.  

I have a 10 year old son, why would I send him to a school where he can get laid by a girl and then suspended because she feels bad after the fact.  

It’s a joke of a school.  Kids do dumb things and regret it after the fact all over the country.  Only at SLU does the admin nuke it’s flagship sport and money maker, while coming off as racist.  Well done Fred you moron.

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever said:

Fred Pestello has no buisness being the leader of the college. 0 buisness experience. He should be a professor in gender studies or philosophy if anything.

He does have a Ph. D. in destroying a university. He's really good at that.