Uncle Tony

slufanskip

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-if DrP is on the floor for Academic Recognition, is hearty booing at his introduction the unified response? but I have my doubts as to him being there

-what if any of the 3 or 4 get awards? I would love for them to walk onto the floor

He may be there but the president hasn't been announced in years past......

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-if DrP is on the floor for Academic Recognition, is hearty booing at his introduction the unified response? but I have my doubts as to him being there

-what if any of the 3 or 4 get awards? I would love for them to walk onto the floor

It would be like Michael kissing Fredo. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Sign ideas to be improved and expanded upon:

THIS SIGN AGREED TO COME WITH ME BUT SLU MAY SUSPEND IT ANYWAYS 

THIS SIGN DOES MORE TALKING THAN @SLUPRESIDENT 

CAN’T SPELL CONSENSUAL WITHOUT S-L-U

KEYS TO THE GAME:

NO DUMB PENALTIES

TAKE CHARGES

MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS 

TheDude likes this

27 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

CAN’T SPELL CONCENSUAL WITHOUT S-L-U

KEYS TO THE GAME:

NO DUMB PENALTIES

TAKE CHARGES

MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS 

"This sign agreed to come with me but may be suspended anyway" is AWESOME!!! Well done sir

Uncle Tony's "Pestello + Weathers = Penis" has me giggling like an idiot.

I stop laughing think about it some more and start laughing again.  It's not even very good but In cant stop laughing at it.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

"This sign agreed to come with me but may be suspended anyway" is AWESOME!!! Well done sir

Uncle Tony's "Pestello + Weathers = Penis" has me giggling like an idiot.

I stop laughing think about it some more and start laughing again.  It's not even very good but In cant stop laughing at it.

I was at work when I read this and had the same reaction. Uncle Tony is the best.

29 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

CAN’T SPELL CONCENSUAL WITHOUT S-L-U

KEYS TO THE GAME:

NO DUMB PENALTIES

TAKE CHARGES

MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS 

good ones

Two things I concede:

1) Tony is an entertaining character

2) I get a satisfaction in seeing him say things to Pestello and the University that I would have no balls to say so myself on my public social media

That being said, he may be doing more harm than good at this point. His e-mail to the university was representative of our frustration with the initial suspension(s) but was tone deaf, didn't really understand the cultural moment we are in, and can be easily caricatured by those who DO agree with the decision. Additionally, he has been tweeting a lot about Black Lives Matter and Black History Month and how the player's punishment should be reversed. While I do see underlining racism in this case, I think it is more harmful (and quite frankly, dangerous and disrespectful) than helpful for a white guy that only got a twitter because he is pissed off about his basketball team to be carrying the banner of BLM and Black History Month as it relates to this case. 

Call me a snowflake, but I do think that while the Tony Murkens show began as a very funny and satisfying ordeal, it is now entering territory that I don't think is beneficial and is irresponsible. 

I'm still unhappy with the University's handling of the situation and their decision, AND I think Murkens is showing some of his more misguided colors. The two things  happily coexists in my mind. 

Littlebill likes this