GDT - SLU v. LaSalle

SluSignGuy

29 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I have to also ask what the hell Ford's problem was today?  No fire.  No spunk.  No timeouts.  No coaching.  No nothing.  Why not burn all four timeouts trying to stem the first half run?  You didn't use them or need them in the second half.

He's probably thinking, "Why use all my timeouts when the school won't let me use all my players?"

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You are free to disagree.  For me, this one was a horrible stinker, parallel to the most inept offensive performance in NCAA modern history.  

this wasnt even the worst this season.  fordham last year, says hello.  This game sucked, but compared to the last 3 years, it was sorta average.

It is completely unfair to put blame on Ford right now and I am saying that as a guy who questioned his hiring.  Being down to 8 scholarship players (1 a former walk-on) leaves no room for the real world to happen.  You have to play a guy having an awful game, you have to play guys who are sick, you have to play guys in match ups where they aren’t effective, and you have to play guys who have injuries that limit their effectiveness.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is completely unfair to put blame on Ford right now and I am saying that as a guy who questioned his hiring.  Being down to 8 scholarship players (1 a former walk-on) leaves no room for the real world to happen.  You have to play a guy having an awful game, you have to play guys who are sick, you have to play guys in match ups where they aren’t effective, and you have to play guys who have injuries that limit their effectiveness.

This

Billiken Rich likes this

6 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

After I couldn’t get the feed on my Amazon Fire Stick, I left and went to lunch. Sounds like eating a cheeseburger from Seamus McDaniel’s was way more enjoyable than watching it listening to that game.

Only if you got the cheese sticks too.

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ford deserves some blame. You shouldn’t lose to LaSalle by 23. You shouldn’t be uncompetitive for 99% of the game. He’s got a tough hand, but he’s not doing anything to make it better 

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

On top of that, what system does he run? Should he scrap what he planned all summer for the team he recruited which might not be the most effective without shooters? Does he scrap the entire season of practice and prep with this offense and go with something that makes the 8 players that Pestello allows to play look better, but then go back to the real offense when they get back?! It reminds me of Majerus’s first year where people failed him for the offense and his point was “whatever we’re not winning this year so I’m putting my system in even if it doesn’t fit these players” 

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

Could have had 10 timeouts and wouldn't have made any difference.  What would have helped are the 3 players who didn't play.  We don't want to rush Fred, though...after all, it has only been 3+ months.

well and we are all supposed to be enjoying the holidays.   no need to rush anything and take away those joyous moments with family.   my gosh, if ms krafty had to give up a couple of hours last week of baking cookies and singing carols what a shame.  

2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

After I couldn’t get the feed on my Amazon Fire Stick, I left and went to lunch. Sounds like eating a cheeseburger from Seamus McDaniel’s was way more enjoyable than watching it listening to that game.

Getting f'ed up the back side by Seamus McDdaniel would been better

I am not placing total blame on Ford, the attenuating circumstances are indeed true.  No amount of timeouts likely changes the outcome but I saw nothing from anywhere --- players or coaches --- that made me believe we even cared.  That was my point.  Even when all he had was the shite [dead] left him, he still coached.  Today I saw nothing on the feed I had (however limited) that suggested otherwise.  We made Powell and Stukes look like Adams and Mobley out there.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Well some of the blame. Ford purposely entered the season knowing that 3 scholarship guys wouldn’t be available 1st semester, transfers Santos and Graves, and Welmer due to injury. He then chose to use a scholarship on the former walk-in Hines instead of maybe a Juco transfer. So in a sense he knew he would only have 9 true scholarship players available 1st semester, and maybe 10-11 for second semester, so a lot of this first half of the season depth has been on Ford’s roster make up. You’ve missed 2 players on top of that, but it wouldn’t hurt as much if the roster make up was different.

5 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Well some of the blame. Ford purposely entered the season knowing that 3 scholarship guys wouldn’t be available 1st semester, transfers Santos and Graves, and Welmer due to injury. He then chose to use a scholarship on the former walk-in Hines instead of maybe a Juco transfer. So in a sense he knew he would only have 9 true scholarship players available 1st semester, and maybe 10-11 for second semester, so a lot of this first half of the season depth has been on Ford’s roster make up. You’ve missed 2 players on top of that, but it wouldn’t hurt as much if the roster make up was different.

So Ford is supposed to pull Hines’ scholarship after school started because 3 scholarship players couldn’t control their hormones to go find a juco transfer in September? 

I am really confused....

18 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

The allegations were made on September 26th. School starts late in august. Not sure how Travis was supposed to get a JUCO in school a month after classes began? You’re a troll and not even an intelligent one 

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

On top of that, what system does he run? Should he scrap what he planned all summer for the team he recruited which might not be the most effective without shooters? Does he scrap the entire season of practice and prep with this offense and go with something that makes the 8 players that Pestello allows to play look better, but then go back to the real offense when they get back?! It reminds me of Majerus’s first year where people failed him for the offense and his point was “whatever we’re not winning this year so I’m putting my system in even if it doesn’t fit these players” 

Great post and comp (hopefully)

Bottom line, Giannini's 7 out hustled, out played and out classed our 8.  Blame whomever you want to.  You can blame Ford, you can blame Hines, you can blame the other 7 not named Hines, you can blame Crews, you can blame Pestello, you can blame the 3 who couldn't keep their pants zipped, you can blame Richard Nixon who signed Title IX, you can blame Guy Phillips.  Pass the blame around.  Make excuses.

This team wasn't ready to play and layed the biggest egg in recent history.