Other games

brianstl

22 minutes ago, teamarete said:

Wrong.  Other teams have their own boards.  This board is a Billiken board.  Every post IMO should relate to the Billikens or their fans in some way, either directly or indirectly (A-10 schedule recruiting, etc).

Exactly and as hard as it is to believe there are Billiken fans who also have interest in Missouri basketball.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, teamarete said:

Wrong.  Other teams have their own boards.  This board is a Billiken board.  Every post IMO should relate to the Billikens or their fans in some way, either directly or indirectly (A-10 schedule recruiting, etc).

I find other D-1 games interesting as a Bill's fan. Every game has something to do with the big picture.

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

But surely you've learned by now that at least people on THIS BOARD aren't concerned about it in the least

Seriously, this is a place where people spend their precious free time, despite SLUs repeated attempts to not have any fans at all,  to be fans of the Billikens. Pretty specific kind of person.

5 minutes ago, LindellWest said:

Seriously, this is a place where people spend their precious free time, despite SLUs repeated attempts to not have any fans at all,  to be fans of the Billikens. Pretty specific kind of person.

no sh!t.

10 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I mean... Now that SLU destroyed their basketball program... You're gonna see some more SLU / Mizzou fans in my opinion. 

Cool, go to fuoking tigerboard for your tiger discussions.

I was personally present last night to see Miles Reynolds and his Pacific (UOP) Tigers play at the USF Dons.  Reynolds is starting at point guard, wears the long sleeve on one arm, looks lean and in good shape. Reynolds had 19 points, 3-10 from the field, 0-4 on 3 pointers, 13-17 at the free throw line, including likely missing his last free throw on purpose.

Reynolds still has issues with his outside shot, but still drives hard and well to the hoop and gets to the free throw line, where he is excellent.  With what has transpired at SLU with Situation 2.0, and the resultant lack of depth, especially at guard, SLU would still have a spot for Reynolds.

USF jumped out to a 12-0 lead, led all the way and held on for a 69-67 home court win with former USF great Bill Cartwright watching from his usual spot behind the North basket.

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I was personally present last night to see Miles Reynolds and his Pacific (UOP) Tigers play at the USF Dons.  Reynolds is starting at point guard, wears the long sleeve on one arm, looks lean and in good shape. Reynolds had 19 points, 3-10 from the field, 0-4 on 3 pointers, 13-17 at the free throw line, including likely missing his last free throw on purpose.

Reynolds still has issues with his outside shot, but still drives hard and well to the hoop and gets to the free throw line, where he is excellent.  With what has transpired at SLU with Situation 2.0, and the resultant lack of depth, especially at guard, SLU would still have a spot for Reynolds.

USF jumped out to a 12-0 lead, led all the way and held on for a 69-67 home court win with former USF great Bill Cartwright watching from his usual spot behind the North basket.

Glad to see his game hasn't changed a bit.

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

reynolds is not better than D2 hines.   

Miles is a better free throw shooter after doing something stupid like dribbling into the paint amid guys twice his size and getting fouled.  Hines makes up for it by turning the ball over and using his impressive court vision to not pass the ball as the shot clock runs down and then heaving up a desperation shot that occasionally goes in.  All in all both are preferable to.......an empty seat.....

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

maybe not at like 1 on 1, but id prefer to have the pg who can score points. Miles is very limited, but he has shown the ability to draw fouls and get to the line. 

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I can’t go that far. Reynolds had only 2 turnovers, 3 assists. His issue is the same as it was when he was at SLU:  outside shooting. But he is a D1 player IMO.

The WCC is comparable to the A10, a bit below the A10 overall, but close, and more top heavy with St. Mary’s, Gonzaga and BYU.

38 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I can’t go that far. Reynolds had only 2 turnovers, 3 assists. His issue is the same as it was when he was at SLU:  outside shooting. But he is a D1 player IMO.

The WCC is comparable to the A10, a bit below the A10 overall, but close, and more top heavy with St. Mary’s, Gonzaga and BYU.

Totally disagree with Roy. Hines offers nothing. Miles is fearless and knows how to score by getting to the line. 

23 minutes ago, willie said:

Totally disagree with Roy. Hines offers nothing. Miles is fearless and knows how to score by getting to the line. 

miles makes free throws.  and is smart enough to throw himself at contact to get free throw opportunities.    thats about it.   

23 minutes ago, willie said:

I also remember him as being disruptive on defense. 

maybe compared to the rest of the then billikens which is one of if not the worst billliken teams ever.   let's just say from a total player standpoint,  imo he is no carlos mccauley

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

maybe compared to the rest of the then billikens which is one of if not the worst billliken teams ever.   let's just say from a total player standpoint,  imo he is no carlos mccauley

He's no Larry Simmons either but he's better than an empty seat.....

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I'm not trying to but him in the hall of fame just disagreeing with you statement that he's not better then Hines. 

16 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm not trying to but him in the hall of fame just disagreeing with you statement that he's not better then Hines. 

hey i dont want either one.    its not worth debating two of the worst players that saw significant floor time in billiken history.  

HenryB likes this