brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, almaman said:

is it on tv?

Cajuns lose 82-81. The Sun Belt Tourney has an unusual format. First, the 11th and 12th place teams are not in the bracket. Second, the top 2 seeds get a "triple bye" into the semis. So, as the 9th seed, Johnson's Ragin' Cajuns team would have to win five games to win the tourney while either of the top two seeds only have to win two. 😳

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, Compton said:

The Salukis just lost at home to Austin Peay 70-68. Austin Peay was 2-6 against D-I opponents going into tonight's game.

-there's the feel good thought to get me through the night

-wow, you went back in the archives to find this thread, you could have just created a new one 🤣

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

it could always be worse. What an absolute sh** show.

What a weird story. Davis hasn’t played a min. this year following their closed scrimmage and exhibition game. If I read it right, he’s not even on the bench during games, usually sitting in the stands. 

That coaching staff needs to be shown the door, the sooner the better.

Louisville goes on to lose at home to a 3-7 Ark. State team, 75-63. Payne has got to be fired tonight. Also, I mentioned not to sleep on Chicago State. If you did, you missed them upsetting #25 Northwestern, 75-73!!

37 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Louisville goes on to lose at home to a 3-7 Ark. State team, 75-63. Payne has got to be fired tonight. Also, I mentioned not to sleep on Chicago State. If you did, you missed them upsetting #25 Northwestern, 75-73!!

Payne signed a six-year contract that runs from March 21, 2022 to March 31, 2028. His base salary is $3.35 million per year.

45 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Payne signed a six-year contract that runs from March 21, 2022 to March 31, 2028. His base salary is $3.35 million per year.

And we think Chris May got suckered into a bad deal. That’s massive incompetence.

20 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

one of my great joys is knowing how terrible U of L is. Keep going, KP.

In the Teams worse off than SLU game of the week, Pepperdine led by former SLU Coach Lorenzo Romar vs Kenny Payne's UofL is Sunday.  Speculation is that Payne will have some kind of exit deal before they play UK.  

On 12/14/2023 at 9:10 AM, HoosierPal said:

Gil Beckemeier, in his first ever start, filled in for C Gary Garrison. Beckemeier had 28 points on 10-17 shooting along with 6 blocks.  He went on to lead the Billikens in scoring that season leading them to a 13-12 record.  This win led them on a 7 game winning streak, culminating a #15 Coaches Poll ranking.  They went 4-9 down the stretch, and struggled in the tough Missouri Valley conference.

-Nova @ Creighton in OT, Nova hits a 3, Creighton player gets the ball, steps out of bounds, leans forward, steps over the end line, brings his foot back and makes an inbounds pass, ref is right there watching, looking right at it and does nothing, was that the correct decision by the ref to not call a violation?

25 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-Nova @ Creighton in OT, Nova hits a 3, Creighton player gets the ball, steps out of bounds, leans forward, steps over the end line, brings his foot back and makes an inbounds pass, ref is right there watching, looking right at it and does nothing, was that the correct decision by the ref to not call a violation?

If he actually put his foot down inbounds, then yeah, it should have been whistled. His foot can be OVER the line as seen all the time, but if he steps on the floor it's a violation.

10 hours ago, White Pelican said:

If he actually put his foot down inbounds, then yeah, it should have been whistled. His foot can be OVER the line as seen all the time, but if he steps on the floor it's a violation.

-thanks, his foot was on the court over the line and the ref could have reached out and touched the player

Sometimes you can be too close to something and not see it. Maybe wasn't looking at the guy's feet, just watching the throw-in? (I didn't see it so just a guess.) I sometimes see stuff from the upper bowl or games on tv and wonder how did they miss that?