Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Ref just called a moving screen on Obi Toppin vs. Duquesne.
But we want Dayton to win.

Is there video of this? I won’t believe it without seeing it for myself. I just looked at the box score and see just the 1 foul for him (the moving screen), must be nice.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Is there video of this? I won’t believe it without seeing it for myself. I just looked at the box score and see just the 1 foul for him (the moving screen), must be nice.

Game is on Stadium. I’m watching on Fox Sports Ohio, which has the Stadium feed, DirecTV 661.

Announcer said moving on Toppin. Crutcher mildly questioned the ref’s call. Veteran ref made the (historic) call, I think Les Jones. 

After losing 9 in a row Tulane has won 2 straight. K-State toilet team since their suspensions. If SIU can win at N. Iowa tomorrow, they should be in line for a 1 or 2 seed in the MVS. Duquense withers under a scorching stretch of offense from SVU. If we'd won at UMass, we'd be a Bonnies' loss away from T-4th in the A-10. T-5th isn't so bad though. I see the Bonnies losing twice, and if we get to 12-6, we'd have the tie-break. 

Duke lost to Wake last night in double OT.  I'd say they can likely kiss the #1 seed goodbye.

Kansas, Baylor & probaby Gonzaga have the #1 seeds basically sewn up barring something crazy.  Seems like most pundits still have San Diego St as the 4th, but Dayton is right on their heels after SDSU's loss on Saturday.  Dayton needs to win out to have a shot at it.

Only other team in the mix for a #1 is Maryland.  They've got a bunch of great opportunities to strengthen their case because the Big 10 is so loaded.  However, that also means a lot more games that they are likely to lose whereas San Diego St and Dayton don't have many tough games left.

I like to follow http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ this time of year because it aggregates a bunch of bracket predictions in one spot.  

55 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Duke lost to Wake last night in double OT.  I'd say they can likely kiss the #1 seed goodbye.

Kansas, Baylor & probaby Gonzaga have the #1 seeds basically sewn up barring something crazy.  Seems like most pundits still have San Diego St as the 4th, but Dayton is right on their heels after SDSU's loss on Saturday.  Dayton needs to win out to have a shot at it.

Only other team in the mix for a #1 is Maryland.  They've got a bunch of great opportunities to strengthen their case because the Big 10 is so loaded.  However, that also means a lot more games that they are likely to lose whereas San Diego St and Dayton don't have many tough games left.

I like to follow http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ this time of year because it aggregates a bunch of bracket predictions in one spot.  

Doesn't look like the A10 and the Bills get much respect.  Only two league teams in, with the second a 10 seed and our Bills not even getting one vote. 

2 hours ago, bauman said:

Doesn't look like the A10 and the Bills get much respect.  Only two league teams in, with the second a 10 seed and our Bills not even getting one vote. 

SLU was getting some love before the debacle at UMass (several mentions)...add that to getting smoked by Duquense twice and it's tough to fault the bracket people this time. 

2010andBeyond likes this

Not really other games, but I thought this was interesting. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28786721/former-penn-coach-jerome-allen-gets-15-year-show-cause-penalty

15 year show cause penalty and should have been banned permanently. Both the coach and the dad were idiots and the dad clearly a despicable crook.

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Not really other games, but I thought this was interesting. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28786721/former-penn-coach-jerome-allen-gets-15-year-show-cause-penalty

15 year show cause penalty and should have been banned permanently. Both the coach and the dad were idiots and the dad clearly a despicable crook.

-what he did is clearly not good conduct but on the other hand, the infraction is 5 years old why the NCAA just getting to this? a 15 year show cause penalty, the only other penalty of that length went to a women's assistant coach at UNC-Greensboro, what do Penn and UNC-G have in common? they are not UK, KU, UNC or the rest

Random thought - Goodwin’s Althoff teammate Tarkus Ferguson ended up with more than 1500 points at UIC. I understand it’s the Horizon League, but that number is nothing to sniff at. Watching Goodwin in high school, I certainly didn’t see that. Did anyone else see that coming?

I saw ferguson at all three schools.   He was excellent and i softly brought his name up for slu.   I was rebuffed for just being a metro east homer so i stayed quiet thereafter, plus ford showed no interest.