brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Does kind of seem that way 

Let's test that theory. We should all agree to not respond to anything he says. My money says he disappears rather quickly. He's attention-starved, even if it's negative attention. Let's refocus our attention on the Billikens. 😜

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

Spoonball18 was one of the quickest additions to my Ignore List of all time when he showed up in January 2018. I think it was his very first post that made it obvious he was just a loser alt right troll starving for attention and angry at women for ignoring him.

Anyway, I hate to be the "PLEASE STOP REPLYING ALL!" person on a work email chain but we're overdue for an Ignore List tutorial.

1. Click on the drop-down arrow next to your user name in the top right corner.
  2. Click Ignored Users.
  3. In the box under "Add new user to ignore list" start typing "Spoonball18".
  4. When you see his name pop up as an option, click on his user name.
  5. Under his user name, which is now populating that previously empty bar, you can choose Posts, Messages, Signature, Mentions, and Quotes. We don't have Signatures anymore, but go ahead and choose the rest if you don't want to see anything from this guy, which I recommend.
  6. Click "Add User".
  7. Enjoy!

17 minutes ago, willie said:

Just saw something I have never seen before in the Louisville Ga Tech game. One referee called a charge the other called a block. They couldn’t agree. Charged both players with a foul and the offense kept the ball. 

Put 'em in a ring; the winner gets the call.

Trying to bump more threads above the non-sense.

Given that our at-large hopes are all but sunk and VCU crapping the bed vs George Mason put the 3 (at-large) bid A-10 in serious peril, outside of a miracle run in the A10 tournament by SLU the A10 thing to look forward to is for Dayton get as high a seed as possible in the NCAAs & go on a deep run.

Louisville losing to Georgia Tech last nigh helped in that regard.

The way I see the following teams are in the mix for a #1 seed: Kansas, San Diego St, Gonzaga, Baylor, Dayton, and Duke.  Louisville probably can't get there after last night's loss and Maryland is potentially there if some of the other teams above them falter.

It will be tough for Dayton because they pretty much need to win out to have a shot.  SDSU and Gonzaga are likely ahead of them and have a much easier road to winning out.  The most direct path is that Duke falls off / doesn't win the ACC and one of Kansas or Baylor falls off as well / allowing Dayton to snag the 4th #1 seed by winning out.  Potentially key for a deep run would be Dayton getting placed in the Midwest regional and getting sweet 16 / elite 8 games in Indy although I'd imainge Dayton fans will travel well regardless.  1st & 2nd round games should be in Cleveland, OH regardless.

I hope all of this is moot when SLU knocks them off & wins the A10 tournament.

Latest Lunardi bracketology has Dayton as a #2 seed playing in St.Louis first round.  They of course want to go to Cleveland and then Indy.  I would.  Three hour drive to Cleveland; followed by two to Indy.

7 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Trying to bump more threads above the non-sense.

Given that our at-large hopes are all but sunk and VCU crapping the bed vs George Mason put the 3 (at-large) bid A-10 in serious peril, outside of a miracle run in the A10 tournament by SLU the A10 thing to look forward to is for Dayton get as high a seed as possible in the NCAAs & go on a deep run.

Louisville losing to Georgia Tech last nigh helped in that regard.

The way I see the following teams are in the mix for a #1 seed: Kansas, San Diego St, Gonzaga, Baylor, Dayton, and Duke.  Louisville probably can't get there after last night's loss and Maryland is potentially there if some of the other teams above them falter.

It will be tough for Dayton because they pretty much need to win out to have a shot.  SDSU and Gonzaga are likely ahead of them and have a much easier road to winning out.  The most direct path is that Duke falls off / doesn't win the ACC and one of Kansas or Baylor falls off as well / allowing Dayton to snag the 4th #1 seed by winning out.  Potentially key for a deep run would be Dayton getting placed in the Midwest regional and getting sweet 16 / elite 8 games in Indy although I'd imainge Dayton fans will travel well regardless.  1st & 2nd round games should be in Cleveland, OH regardless.

I hope all of this is moot when SLU knocks them off & wins the A10 tournament.

Someone has to finish 3rd.  Whoever finishes 3rd is still in good shape for a 3rd at-large bid, provided they don't lose in the first round in the A-10 tournament.

Old guy likes this

13 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Someone has to finish 3rd.  Whoever finishes 3rd is still in good shape for a 3rd at-large bid, provided they don't lose in the first round in the A-10 tournament.

I think the Bonnies have a good shot at finishing 3rd and they will not be an at-large even if they make the A-10 finals.  Their A10 schedule is was/is very favorable.

The game between Richmond and VCU on Saturday is huge.  Loser's at-large chances take a big hit.

Dayton, Rhody, VCU, and Richmond are the only teams with realistic at-large hopes.  

8 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

It would be funny if it's SDS, Zags, Baylor, and Dayton.

12 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I wonder what Jimmy Crews has been burning to the ground these days....

I picture him getting up early every year on his wife's birthday, emptying her jewelry box into the garbage disposal, turning it on, walking outside and just lying facedown in the backyard until the cops get there.

Like whose fault is it - his wife for putting up with that over and over, or Crews for being an absolute nihilist?

Spoon-Balls, JMM28 and SLU_Lax like this

Are we rooting for Baylor or KU to win today?  Dayton is currently #5 in the NET rankings and a feel like they're squarely behind the top 4 (San Diego St, Baylor, Gonzaga, & KU) in the race for a #1.  I'm not sure KU losing to Baylor drops them below Dayton (KU does have a neutral court OT win over Dayton), but I'd prefer to see Baylor to blow KU out today because #1 I don't like KU and #2 it is probably more helpful for Dayton potentially getting a #1 seed.