Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Jamison Battle of GW to come to my birthday party, where I will exchange duffle bags full of cash for his verbal commitment to play for the Billies in the 2021-22 season.  Dude looks like the love child of Blake Griffin and the Billies' own Raw Blow.  Need him.

On 1/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, billikenbill said:

Sagarin was so unimpressed with our win over GW that even with Auburn and Seton Hall winning, we dropped from 88 to 90. 🙁

Sagarin was so impressed with our win over Richmond that we jumped from 90 to 75!!

10 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I know most of us do not care but I do because both coaches recruit the same players.

Until yesterday’s blowout win over Florida the MU basketball program was a total dumpster fire.  McKinney’s suspension adds more fuel to the dumpster fire.

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

I know most of us do not care but I do because both coaches recruit the same players.

Until yesterday’s blowout win over Florida the MU basketball program was a total dumpster fire.  McKinney’s suspension adds more fuel to the dumpster fire.

U missed the Illinois game- blew them out & Illinois looked good right before that game & stomped FL last nite

3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

U missed the Illinois game- blew them out & Illinois looked good right before that game & stomped FL last nite

CBFan may have missed the Braggin' Rights game, but perhaps you missed some games Mizzou played between that one and their great game against Florida.  A significant number of Mizzou fans have been calling for Cuonzo Martin's head.

3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

I didn’t miss the Illinois game and it was a quality victory for MU but if you are paying attention not much is going for that program other than the win last night.  Also look at what Illinois has done since the loss they are trending up while MU trends down.

I have read that MU fans no longer want coach Martin and they do not like his recruiting.  I do not think it is fair by the MU fans but that is the state of the program.  Have you noticed how many empty seats show up to watch MU basketball?  I remember a time that place was packed.  There are fans on their message board actually wish they could get the crowds SLU gets.  The McKinney suspension is another problem to fuel the dumpster fire.

I am okay with the state of MU basketball because I want SLU to win every recruiting battle with them.

38 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

CBFan may have missed the Braggin' Rights game, but perhaps you missed some games Mizzou played between that one and their great game against Florida.  A significant number of Mizzou fans have been calling for Cuonzo Martin's head.

Yes they are I read it on their site.

Their fans are unrealistic though, recruits that coach Martin offered such as the 2 K-State recruits and Hargrove were not good enough for the fans.  Their fans seem to think they should get all 4 and 5 star recruits like Love, Liddell, and Fletcher.

FWIW, B-Cook wins its third straight MEAC game, 85-78 over Morgan State. Cletrell Pope leads the way with 29 and 18. B-Cook now 3-1 in the MEAC and 7-9 vs. D-1 teams.

44 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think Pope wins my most despised opponent award this year. God, he was irritating. 

Definitely, he was acting like he was playing for the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals. Haven't seen a player grin on the court or talk junk to opponents like that since Meadowlark Lemon. Just looking up Lemon, I see that his real first name was Meadow. Not sure I ever knew that. Meadowlark Lemon was the perfect name for the player touted as the "Clown Prince" of basketball.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I think Pope wins my most despised opponent award this year. God, he was irritating. 

yes i agree he was arrogant and antagonizing.   but he was a hell of a player.   i'd take him in billiken blue.

Zink likes this

Clemson beats Duke 79-72. Court storming. What a three days for Clemson basketball. Break the 0-59 streak in Chapel Hill and beat #3 Duke.

5 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Clemson beats Duke 79-72. Court storming. What a three days for Clemson basketball. Break the 0-59 streak in Chapel Hill and beat #3 Duke.

And the other event, play in a football NC

Pitt absolutely screwed by the refs on the worst call in the history of basketball. Would love to have heard Rammer call that one. I think he'd of been tossed he'd of gone so ballistic. L'ville holds on to beat the Panthers 73-68.