Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Buffalo is worse in terms of snow fall than Rochester. Buffalo has the lake effect, as Rochester does. However, Buffalo with its proximity to Niagara Falls is subject to the enormous cloud of very fine water droplets produced by the fall. This acts as a natural snow making machine in winter.

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I believe Buffalo is worse in terms of snow fall than Rochester. Buffalo has the lake effect, as Rochester does. However, Buffalo with its proximity to Niagara Falls is subject to the enormous cloud of very fine water droplets produced by the fall. This acts as a natural snow making machine in winter.

If that was the case summer in Buffalo should resemble Seattle, it doesn’t.

I lived in Watertown, NY for a couple years. Rochester and Syracuse typically get more snow than Buffalo. Once the lake freezes the snow ends. Proximity to Niagra Falls doesn't cause more snow, in fact it causes higher temps and more rainfall.  The area around Niagra Falls gets heavy rain well into November. Buffalo is too far away to be affected by this.

Zink likes this

Maryville is playing on ESPN+ against Bradley. Who's scouting them? 🏀 😀

Just checked in on the Saints. Hope TJ and Diarra are ready for extended minutes. They're not good.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, HoosierPal said:

Yes, I'm looking W A Y too far ahead, but our Mountain West opponent next season, San Diego State, is 10-0.  They only have 3 seniors on their roster.  Many, many things can happen between now and then, but that game could be a very nice (RPI and NET) game.

Two more than us 😃 

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Maryville is playing on ESPN+ against Bradley. Who's scouting them? 🏀 😀

Just checked in on the Saints. Hope TJ and Diarra are ready for extended minutes. They're not good.

Too lazy to look up the games, but I seem to remember us normally playing like garbage during these exam week games vs D-II opponents.  We should win by a good margin, but I’m not going to assume anything.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Too lazy to look up the games, but I seem to remember us normally playing like garbage during these exam week games vs D-II opponents.  We should win by a good margin, but I’m not going to assume anything.

2011-12 team beating Illinois-Springfield 72-62 is probably the game you’re referring to. That Illinois-Springfield team looks like the Warriors compared to Maryville.

10 hours ago, billikenbill said:

2011-12 team beating Illinois-Springfield 72-62 is probably the game you’re referring to. That Illinois-Springfield team looks like the Warriors compared to Maryville.

Ok.  On a computer instead of a phone now, so I looked it up.  We actually haven't played D-II opponents very much under Ford whereas Majerus nearly always had one on the schedule.  My memories are coming from the 2011-12 Illinois-Springfield game you mentioned and the 2009-10 team beating Rockhurst 66-53.  The other D-II wins were by 20+ points and often weren't during finals week, but rather one of the first few games of the season.

J.J. Culver, an NAIA player from Wayland Baptist went for 100 last night in a 124-60 victory over SW Adventist. Looks like a legit 100, not the Grinnell type 100. He was 12-33 from three, 20-27 from the line, and 22-29 on 2pt. FGs. His coach said he got off to a hot start so his players kept setting him up.

Turns out his younger brother, Jarrett, played in the Final Four for Texas Tech and is an NBA rookie with the T-Wolves.

Zink and almaman like this

Last night the powerful Bryant Bulldogs (7 - 4) went into venerable Rose Hill and took down the Fordham Rams 69 to 61.  Fordham drops to 5 and 4 in the oOC and, as noted by the Wiz, while playing the worst SOS in the nation.  Bryant's other wins were decent -- over Cornell, St. Peters, Niagara, Navy and Columbia.  Fordham has dropped four of their last six after starting 3 and 0.  Anothe rho-hum Fordham group.

Davidson had no problem romping past Coppin State 88 to 52.  The win evens davdison's record to .500 with five up and five down.  Carter Collins continues+ to come on for Davidson leading the Wildcats with 19.  Luka Brajkovic continues a nice resurgence posting his fourth straight game in double digits.  Also, touted Korean freshman Hyungjung Lee went off for a career high 17.  Davidson closes their OOC at Loyola of Chicago and at Vandy before opening at Duquesne after u son January 5.  Anybody know why Luke Framtpon left team and/or if he'll be back?

Finally, the Joeys went crosstown again to play at Temple and got doused mightily .... dropping to 2 and 9 in a 108 to 61 drubbing by Big Five rival Temple.  St. Joe's was horrible .... 31% FG% and 29% from three.  Ryan Daly continues to underimpress ....24 minutes with zero fouls, and 1-of-8 shooting from the floor.  He did lead the Joeys with 8 rebounds but they lost that battel too by the tune of 51 to 25.  Taylor funk did not play and has not appeared in the box score since the November 24 game against Towson. 

Tongiht, Yale (-4) is at Umass.  Favored too.

30 minutes ago, Compton said:

Calling Fordham’s squad “ho hum” and Temple’s squad “Big Five” both seem rather generous. 

Big five is just the name for five Philly teams (Villanova,  Temple, St. Joe's,  Penn, and LaSalle) that play a round robin every year.

10 hours ago, Compton said:

Calling Fordham’s squad “ho hum” and Temple’s squad “Big Five” both seem rather generous. 

When we played Temple we were 1-7.

Temple has a rich basketball history. When Cheney was coach I believe they had 5 or 6 Elite 8s.

9 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

When we played Temple we are 1-7.

Temple has a rich basketball history. When Cheney was coach I believe they had 5 or 6 Elite 8s.

Dunphy left the program in pretty good shape. Aaron McKie has this version of the Owls playing stout defense reminiscent of his playing days. He's one of the few former college stars I expect to have success as a head coach.