Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, almaman said:

Huskers break into double figures with 4 1/2 minutes left in first half. Hope MU AD too busy worrying about hiring football coach :)

It's been going on for 40 something straight years which is probably the only reason it still continues. Creighton has won 8 out of last 9. 

17 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Basketball only school in a better conference and better city. Don’t need to give any local kids a reason to look elsewhere 

It's been that way forever and it doesn't seem like we are being beat out by them. Besides Gordon name some recent hi caliber Lou kids that opted for the fun of being black in Chicago.

Since this is about other games, I was shocked at how Roy Williams completely gave up against UVa today. They did not foul to extend the game at any point over the final five minutes and called no timeouts after made baskets. I think they ended the game with three timeouts in their pocket. They only lost by nine and how any Carolina fan can be happy with that surrender, I won't understand it. Trust me, I'm an ABC fan, aka Anybody But Carolina, but that was a shameful and very puzzling coaching job by Roy.

7 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Since this is about other games, I was shocked at how Roy Williams completely gave up against UVa today. They did not foul to extend the game at any point over the final five minutes and called no timeouts after made baskets. I think they ended the game with three timeouts in their pocket. They only lost by nine and how any Carolina fan can be happy with that surrender, I won't understand it. Trust me, I'm an ABC fan, aka Anybody But Carolina, but that was a shameful and very puzzling coaching job by Roy.

Roy Williams' disdain for timeouts is legendary. From a 2018 article:

https://www.journalnow.com/the-triangle-s-real-rivalry-roy-williams-vs-timeouts/article_675484d5-0287-5dfd-a1cf-456af02dcef6.html

Williams has taken his blood feud with timeouts to a new level in the past two weeks, shunning the timeout for more than 140 minutes of game time.

Viewed by many as a way to stop momentum for opponents, let players catch a break or just to talk things over, Williams shrugged off the importance of calling for a break.

“If I call timeout, I’m just going to yell at them,” he said.

Still, if you're serious about winning, you make a bucket before the final minute, you call timeout so the clock doesn't keep running for 4-5 seconds before the ball is inbounded. Also, you can set up a press if you want. Roy quit today. Maybe he was sending a message to his team but it was the wrong way to send it.

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Still, if you're serious about winning, you make a bucket before the final minute, you call timeout so the clock doesn't keep running for 4-5 seconds before the ball is inbounded. Also, you can set up a press if you want. Roy quit today. Maybe he was sending a message to his team but it was the wrong way to send it.

Then Roy hasn't been serious about winning for about a decade because Carolina fans have been complaining about his use of timeouts for that long.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

You think Buffalo is a better city then StL? or did you mean Chicago?

Buffalo is one of the less livable cities in NY State, if nothing else the snowfall level in Buffalo is extremely large, perhaps because of its proximity to Niagara Falls. Not a place to move to from St. Louis.