Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I would like to see Hankton or even Perkins step up to take him on. If French gets him, they'll play Golden outside all night. Best D against UR is probably the 1-3-1. 

I believe Foreman had the main responsibility for Golden. That didn’t work out so well . My guess is we will try French. Don’t like it but who else has a chance? 

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Richmond is, as someone said, five men deep.  Francis is as good as advertised and Sherrod is back at full strength.  I don't have a lot of respect yet for Cato but he did well enough last year and mental toughness is a decent attribute.  But they have no bench of which to speak even with those two sophs who started last year -- Wojcik and Gustavson.  An injury, fatigue or foul trouble will hurt.  There is no way Bell guards Golden --- maybe some inside but Golden will trot to the top of the key where he can shoot or drive.  He ate French  up last year.  We put Hankton or Perkins on him and he'll got down low.  He's a Euro 4 with inside skills ---- much better than Brajokic at Davidson.  

TAJ: "Ate French up last year??"

I don't recall that. In the A10 Tourney game with Richmond, Golden did get his points. He had 20pts, 3 rebs & 1 block. French in that same game had 22pts, 12 rebs & 2 blocks.

Also that game we shut down Gilyard and out rebounded them 20-42. Golden a center that weak in the paint.

56 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

TAJ: "Ate French up last year??"

I don't recall that. In the A10 Tourney game with Richmond, Golden did get his points. He had 20pts, 3 rebs & 1 block. French in that same game had 22pts, 12 rebs & 2 blocks.

Also that game we shut down Gilyard and out rebounded them 20-42. Golden a center that weak in the paint.

Golden dominated our regular season game and got French to shoot 6-14.

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

As I recall, Golden killed us in the first half then went quiet as a mouse in the second half. I think it was the A10 tourney game. 

Also iirc wasn’t Richmond hanktons best game as a bill?

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

As I recall, Golden killed us in the first half then went quiet as a mouse in the second half. I think it was the A10 tourney game. 

Funny, I had all the A10 tourney games on my DVR and just erased them a few days ago. I would went back. Anyway, he certainly didn't control the boards. French must have owned him and the Richmond team in the paint.

4 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Funny, I had all the A10 tourney games on my DVR and just erased them a few days ago. I would went back. Anyway, he certainly didn't control the boards. French must have owned him and the Richmond team in the paint.

You erase them without burning them to a DVD?!

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You erase them without burning them to a DVD?!

You know I never did that. I kind keep them to get me through the dog days of summer and delete when the new season starts. I have a few oldies but goodies still on the DVR.  When we beat VCU in 2014 and Butler in 2013. 

14 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

You know I never did that. I kind keep them to get me through the dog days of summer and delete when the new season starts. I have a few oldies but goodies still on the DVR.  When we beat VCU in 2014 and Butler in 2013. 

If I were you, I'd archive keepers to a disc.