Other games

brianstl

Eastern Washington gets a home win vs. Belmont 87-82.

Also, I’m sure that the Duke refs won’t allow them to lose, but they are only up one on Stephen F. Austin with 4 to go.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, VT takes down MSU and UD takes down VT by 22. Uh oh, for once Dayton may live up to their press clippings. And Duke is in OT against Stephen Austin? Why we love college hoops. 

After watching Auburn pound Richmond, I've decided Davidson will be my road game this year. 

23 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

SFA steal and layup at the buzzer!!!

Incredible finish.  1st time in 150 games Dukes has lost a non-conference home game.  1st time since 1983 they’ve lost a non-conference home game to an unranked non-power conference school.  Tonight we’re all Lumberjacks!

Let me guess that the ‘83 loss was to Wagner. I remember that loss as the game story described a balding lefty who lit Duke up. Coach K’s ‘82 and ‘83 teams were not good.

It was Wagner! 1-5-83. 

What a night of college basketball excellent posts from everyone covering Tuesday nights game.

Baldwin for Butler took over the last minutes of the game and beat Stanford to stay undefeated. 
Duke ran out to a big lead so I ignored the game however I noticed SFA was closing the gap, I wish I would have stayed with that game but I was enjoying the Butler game.  What a win by SFA.

Great post by @Franchise_08+ infinity 

8 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

They must of drew inspiration from Coach Poach from a few years ago...

Who the F does he think he is to give a speech like this to program that is coming off 3 straight NCAA tournaments when Martin paid 13 million for 1?

I actually thought that was a pretty cool speech. Wasn’t preachy and sounded pretty genuine. And I generally can’t stand Mizzou.

2 minutes ago, NH said:

I actually thought that was a pretty cool speech. Wasn’t preachy and sounded pretty genuine. And I generally can’t stand Mizzou.

I can see your point of view but he was the wrong one to give it.  SFA was a better program than Mizzou then and they are a better program now.

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

What a crazy day.  Dayton slams VT the day after VT upsets Sparty.  Belmont loses to Eastern Wash, making our win look not as good. And then Duke.  What an upside down weird season its been. Anyone can beat anybody this year

But EWU is slowly creeping into the top 150 

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

And then Duke.

What a game, that was fun. I thought for sure Duke was going to escape with a win on their last possession of regulation after the initial missed shot when SFA saved the ball from going out of bounds under the basket and threw it right to a Duke player for one last shot at the buzzer.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Outstanding.  SFA has won 27 or more games in 5 of the last 7 seasons.  All that hard work of program building has paid off.  Mid-majors are kicking ass this year. 

If this keeps up the Power 5 with their big boys will start wanting to set themselves apart from the mid majors like football did.  The problem is this is what makes college basketball so exciting and profitable.

Old guy likes this

11 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Incredible finish.  1st time in 150 games Dukes has lost a non-conference home game.  1st time since 1983 they’ve lost a non-conference home game to an unranked non-power conference school.  Tonight we’re all Lumberjacks!

-I love this Duke loss!! in fact, I give Thanks for it!!

-Let's Go Bills!!!!

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

If this keeps up the Power 5 with their big boys will start wanting to set themselves apart from the mid majors like football did.  The problem is this is what makes college basketball so exciting and profitable.

Won’t have to worry about that, football seasons are too short, way too many bbal games to separate themselves too much 

10 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

What a crazy day.  Dayton slams VT the day after VT upsets Sparty.  Belmont loses to Eastern Wash, making our win look not as good. And then Duke.  What an upside down weird season its been. Anyone can beat anybody this year

Dayton dominated VT, this was not an overachieving upset, they looked like the better team by far. One interpretation is VT was tired after MSU game. The other interpretation is that Dayton will be in top 25 soon. Today they play Kansas on ESPN -- well timed after Bills game -- so we'll see if they can sustain that level -- which will be good for Bills ranking later in season.