Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Compton said:

Rhode Island tied with Nicholls State with 3:30 to play. Do I root for Rhode Island so that the A10 saves face? Or against them because I hate them? 

Non-conference dilemma. 

You always root for teams in your league and those you will play.  Helps your RPI when you play them.  And a strong league helps your teams in every way starting with recruiting.

I was in Madison Square Garden for Texas vs Georgetown, Texas vs Cal and Georgetown vs Duke & Refs.

We think we see bad officiating Georgetown was jobbed by the refs they had Duke down.  Ewing has a good team this Turkish dude Yurtseven is an old school big man doing work.  Duke freshman are real inconsistent.  Cal has the former Nevada coach and he doesn't have his guys in his first season there.   Shaka's offense looks bad and his seat is getting warm in his 5th year.  Ramey has been largely MIA the last 3 games.

Crowd at the tournament was mostly Hoyas then Dukies, 12 Texas fans and I think 1 dude from Cal showed up. Friday championship game was about 75% capacity. 

MSG is ai'ight I guess.   Food options kinda suck beer options are decent. 

I really hope Travis can get us into a decent early season tournament next year. We will probably never get Maui, since we don’t travel well enough, but there are some other good tourneys it would be great to be in. We should be an attractive option for tournaments next year, as we (hopefully) only lose Weaver from what looks to be an above average team so far. 

23 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I really hope Travis can get us into a decent early season tournament next year. We will probably never get Maui, since we don’t travel well enough, but there are some other good tourneys it would be great to be in. We should be an attractive option for tournaments next year, as we (hopefully) only lose Weaver from what looks to be an above average team so far. 

From what I’ve heard it’s either going to be a sick location or a great tournament, or could be both. 

Some tough future games.  I'm watching both the UD and Richmond v. Auburn games.  Nuff said already on UD.  They are going to be very hard to beat either in STL or at UD.  Richmond is not shooting well but they are also going to be hard to beat.  Auburn is really good and my hope to beat them isn't looking too good at the moment.

I hope TF and our players are watching Dayton and are going to school on how to set screens and get open.  RM would be proud.  Why can't we learn something so simple?

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

Some tough future games.  I'm watching both the UD and Richmond v. Auburn games.  Nuff said already on UD.  They are going to be very hard to beat either in STL or at UD.  Richmond is not shooting well but they are also going to be hard to beat.  Auburn is really good and my hope to beat them isn't looking too good at the moment.

From watching Auburn tonight and Seton Hall last week, Auburn is a better TEAM. They don’t have a Powell but Auburn is deep and physical.