Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man bun Gray throws the ball away and Cincy secures the last automatic bid of the day.  Selection time coming soon.

@TheChosenOne, @JMM28, @brianstl, @Pistol, @TFord and TRavs

FWIW ESPN.com has Milik as the #55 pick in their latest 2018 mock draft (insider subscription required)

55. Hornets (via Cavs)

Milik Yarbrough | SG | Junior | Illinois State

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22726756/2018-nba-mock-draft-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trae-young-more

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

If Milik could be a 2nd rounder, he’d be dumb not to go. 

There were some reports yesterday that Dan Muller is encouraging him to put his name in the draft. 

Except that 2nd-round selections are not guaranteed contracts.  If he already has his degree, then maybe he could put his name in; otherwise, he should probably leave himself the option of returning to school.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

@TheChosenOne, @JMM28, @brianstl, @Pistol, @TFord and TRavs

FWIW ESPN.com has Milik as the #55 pick in their latest 2018 mock draft (insider subscription required)

55. Hornets (via Cavs)

Milik Yarbrough | SG | Junior | Illinois State

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22726756/2018-nba-mock-draft-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trae-young-more

Thanks, I guess that does still surprise me a bit (I figured he would be closer to the top 75-100 type draft prospect). Although this is just some ESPN mock draft, so I will not admit defeat just yet!

19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks, I guess that does still surprise me a bit (I figured he would be closer to the top 75-100 type draft prospect). Although this is just some ESPN mock draft, so I will not admit defeat just yet!

The bottom half of a second round (really the whole second round) of any mock draft is a total crap shoot.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, billikenbill said:

Must be nice to live in Jairus Lyles' world. The Sr. guard from lowly UMBC hit three pointers with less than 5 seconds to go at the end of each half to lead his Retrievers to a 65-62 upset of Vermont and earn the America East bid to the Dance. He lit up the Catamounts for 27 points on 5-7 shooting from the arc. His three with one second remaining at the end of the first half resulted in a UMBC lead of 37-35, while his triple with 4 seconds to go, gave the Retrievers a 65-62 lead which they didn't relinquish.

Congrats to the UMBC Retrievers. Hope to see Jairus on the Sportscenter Top Ten tonight.

Once again I'll say it must be nice to live in Jairus Lyle's world.

brianstl likes this

20 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this

That's pretty ridiculous.  Red team commits a cardinal sin when the guy saves the ball from going out of bounds and throws it directly under the opposing hoop with a few seconds left on the clock in a tie game.  Why the heck wouldn't you just let the ball go out of bounds there?  The risk of the white team scooping it up and putting it in is soooo much greater than the actual outcome.  Incredible.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

That's pretty ridiculous.  Red team commits a cardinal sin when the guy saves the ball from going out of bounds and throws it directly under the opposing hoop with a few seconds left on the clock in a tie game.  Why the heck wouldn't you just let the ball go out of bounds there?  The risk of the white team scooping it up and putting it in is soooo much greater than the actual outcome.  Incredible.

You sure are a party pooper. 

• 1 year later...