Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Richmond was supposed to be decent, right? Middle of the A10 pack, with some predicting they'd be a top 3-4 team?

Because it sure seems like they're terrible. First a blowout loss at home to Delaware and now this. Wow.

42 minutes ago, ACE said:

Mooney was once considered a rising coach. Gotta think if it keeps going in this direction, he may get canned at the end of the season.

They've been outscored 170-124 in two buy games at home. I bet they regret signing him through 2021-2022 right about now; his most recent extension was signed in August.

14 minutes ago, Pistol said:

They've been outscored 170-124 in two buy games at home. I bet they regret signing him through 2021-2022 right about now; his most recent extension was signed in August.

Richmond has the richest endowment in the A10, they can afford to buy out his contract.

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Hate to jump to conclusions based on one weekend, but the A-10 is going to have a rough go of it this year. It's on SLU to pick up some of the dead weight out there.

Or pick on some of the dead weight, hopefully. 

The dead weight is in teams that I thought would be behind us anyway -- UMass, Richmond, St. Joe's. The top 4, IMO, is still Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure (whenever Adams gets back), VCU and Davidson. I also thought this was going to be a down year for the A10 months ago due to the exodus of talent to other leagues so that's no surprise.

But Richmond being bludgeoned by low-majors is a total shocker to me. They've outpeformed expections almost every year Mooney has been there. Right now they're playing like 350 RPI team. The Richmond board is flames right now.

20 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The dead weight is in teams that I thought would be behind us anyway -- UMass, Richmond, St. Joe's. The top 4, IMO, is still Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure (whenever Adams gets back), VCU and Davidson. I also thought this was going to be a down year for the A10 months ago due to the exodus of talent to other leagues so that's no surprise.

But Richmond being bludgeoned by low-majors is a total shocker to me. They've outpeformed expections almost every year Mooney has been there. Right now they're playing like 350 RPI team. The Richmond board is flames right now.

Not sold on VCU as a contender yet. They lost their exhibition and beat up on a TERRIBLE Grambling team. They play UVa Friday so I think we will get a good look at how good they are by the end of the week.

23 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Not sold on VCU as a contender yet. They lost their exhibition and beat up on a TERRIBLE Grambling team. They play UVa Friday so I think we will get a good look at how good they are by the end of the week.

They lost their exhibition game last year as well and went on to the big  dance

44 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I know everyone knows this, but dead weight that is in the 150s in the RPI isn't that bad. Dead weight in the 250s is awful since we have to play these teams, some of them twice, in conference play. Makes for a very slim margin for any A-10 team that wants to dance.

12 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I know everyone knows this, but dead weight that is in the 150s in the RPI isn't that bad. Dead weight in the 250s is awful since we have to play these teams, some of them twice, in conference play. Makes for a very slim margin for any A-10 team that wants to dance.

-sort of like what we have been the last 3 years.....no more...........I hope

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I wouldn’t categorize Jacksonville State as a buy game this year. They were a tournament team last year and gave Louisville some competition. This year they returned most players from that team and are experienced.