Active Ex-Billiken Transfer List

Compton

31 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't think it was ever his ability to do academic work that was in question; rather, it has been his emotional ability to cope and/or his decision-making — and possibly also his susceptibility to toxic advice from those who are "close" to him.

I actually do think his academics have always been in question going back to high school. I could be wrong but my understanding is Carteare was not always the most diligent student.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Grambling v. Tulane just ended. Grambling lost by 12, was down by 10 most of the game and went to their bench plenty. 

No sign of Carte'Are Gordon on the stat sheet or on the sideline. Kind of surprised to not see him even at the game, but I guess this answers any lingering questions about whether the waiver issued earlier this week would allow him to play / result in his first appearance. 

51 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Are Zeke Moore and Jermaine Bishop the last Crews recruits still playing? Not finding current stats but see Bishop scored 20 pts 3 games in a row this season.

20 points is pretty impressive considering he's gotta be in his late 30s by now 

JMM28 likes this

56 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Are Zeke Moore and Jermaine Bishop the last Crews recruits still playing? Not finding current stats but see Bishop scored 20 pts 3 games in a row this season.

Maybe the stats your seeing are games Bishop's had with his German pro team. 

There aren't any more Crews recruits playing at the college level. 

I was thinking about Carte'Are Gordon being at his 4th school in 3 years. One other guy comes to mind as far as most schools in college basketball career. Zach Lofton played at 5 schools in 6 years. (San Jacinto College, Illinois State, Minnesota, Texas Southern, New Mexico State). I wonder what the record is, if these aren't them.

1 hour ago, Slufan10 said:

I was thinking about Carte'Are Gordon being at his 4th school in 3 years. One other guy comes to mind as far as most schools in college basketball career. Zach Lofton played at 5 schools in 6 years. (San Jacinto College, Illinois State, Minnesota, Texas Southern, New Mexico State). I wonder what the record is, if these aren't them.

Those scenarios remind me of Cameron Biedscheid. Notre Dame, Mizzou, Jacksonville State, maybe Iona (?) with I think some community college(s) thrown in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jalen Johnson started for Mississippi State against Missouri tonight.  He entered the game averaging 8 ppg and 2 rpg.  He scored 3 points on 1 of 2 3fg (his only attempts were from 3) and grabbed 2 boards in 22 minutes in a 78-63 win over the Tigers.

The Bulldogs turned a 14-point deficit into that 15-point win in the second half.

35 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Jalen Johnson started for Mississippi State against Missouri tonight.  He entered the game averaging 8 ppg and 2 rpg.  He scored 3 points on 1 of 2 3fg (his only attempts were from 3) and grabbed 2 boards in 22 minutes in a 78-63 win over the Tigers.

The Bulldogs turned a 14-point deficit into that 15-point win in the second half.

He had 14 in a tough loss to Kentucky on Saturday.

• 1 year later...

Love to see him getting it done at the FT line, plus 10 rebounds at his size and 5 steals. Impressive line, and well done.

Unfortunately for SIUE they were without Ray'Sean Taylor, who is out the rest of the year with a knee injury. He tore his right ACL at SEMO on the 22nd of January. He missed last year with the same injury. Devastating stuff for a kid averaging almost 18 PPG and showing so much promise. He had all but sealed the OVC Freshman of the Year award and was likely a first-teamer, too. SIUE is now 7-17 overall and dead last in conference.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Love to see him getting it done at the FT line, plus 10 rebounds at his size and 5 steals. Impressive line, and well done.

Unfortunately for SIUE they were without Ray'Sean Taylor, who is out the rest of the year with a knee injury. He tore his right ACL at SEMO on the 22nd of January. He missed last year with the same injury. Devastating stuff for a kid averaging almost 18 PPG and showing so much promise. He had all but sealed the OVC Freshman of the Year award and was likely a first-teamer, too. SIUE is now 7-17 overall and dead last in conference.

-good for Phi

-sucks for Taylor as seeing him play high school ball he was lightening quick