Active Ex-Billiken Transfer List

Compton

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, proof that the Crews teams' did not suffer from a severe shortage of talent.  The pieces just didn't fit.  Too many ball dominant players who couldn't shoot playing in an offense that required shooters.  And that was all Crews' fault.  His detractors probably have a point that he was in retirement mode and simply didn't want to put in the work of finding the right pieces.

43 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Illinois State really bringing it to South Carolina.

Its only halftime and Yarborough has 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. One of his assists was a beautiful pass from behind half court. He is so slim now its ridiculous. 

and 4 turnovers. and 3 fouls. New look, same . 

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

and 4 turnovers. and 3 fouls. New look, same . 

Update 2-5 shooting, 8-9 FT, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 turnovers 4 fouls with 7 minutes left.

I agree looks like the same guy.

1 minute ago, slusam said:

Milik looks nothing like the same old player.  I caught the second half and he was the best player on the floor. He handles the ball a lot and hit 14 free throws and had 6 assists. The 6 turnovers were not good.

Do you know if any of the turnovers were caused by the crazy drive to the basket?

His 18 points and free throw shooting was strong however 6 TO's and 4 fouls was not.

Good to see a regional team with a solid neutral court win.

I would like to see ISU on the SLU schedule.

Agreed. 

12 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

All day, but if this thread is just going to be bagging on Milik every ISU game, boy is that already getting old

Agreed. I see no negative in Milik being super successful at ISU and no positive in him doing poorly. Not gonna watch every game and cheer him on but seems like a positive story to me if he’s improved and goes on to have a successful career at ISU

Milik's role has changed and he's in much better shape. He was never going to get that role at SLU, that of being "the man." There are some guys that you have to give the keys to the car to get the most out of them. Milik is one of those guys.

He's probably going to average close to 4 turnovers a game this year. No SLU coach, including Coach Ford, would ever accept that.