17/18 Uniforms

TaLBErt

I know we saw them in the locker room pictures, but looking at the photo gallery from the game last night I have to say I am finally impressed with our uniforms. It looks like we have upper echelon D1 basketball uniforms this year. I love that we have the arch on the back of the uniforms!

Finally some good news! haha 

To me, the Arch shows that we have a real Nike contract now.  If I understand correctly, until recently (maybe this year?) we were a second-tier Nike school, meaning we basically have the license to use their unis, but we order the stock template in our colors from a glorified Johnny Mac's that sews the names and numbers on.  The schools that got the designs on the back are higher tier schools (Power 5 and big mid-majors like X, Gonzaga, etc.) that ordered straight from Nike.  I wonder if Travis was able to use his connections from his time at OSU to get us to that next level.

Anyone who may know more about SLU's apparel deals feel free to correct me, but this feels like we've made a leap forward.

Zink and NH like this

45 minutes ago, SLUisville said:

To me, the Arch shows that we have a real Nike contract now.  If I understand correctly, until recently (maybe this year?) we were a second-tier Nike school, meaning we basically have the license to use their unis, but we order the stock template in our colors from a glorified Johnny Mac's that sews the names and numbers on.  The schools that got the designs on the back are higher tier schools (Power 5 and big mid-majors like X, Gonzaga, etc.) that ordered straight from Nike.  I wonder if Travis was able to use his connections from his time at OSU to get us to that next level.

Anyone who may know more about SLU's apparel deals feel free to correct me, but this feels like we've made a leap forward.

Then the next leap is to void our merchandise contract with the current provider. Can we please get these jerseys in the chaifetz store?! 

Talked to the guy on Saturday.  As he's stated before, he'd love to put the jerseys in the store.  Since his contract is year-to-year at the stadium, it'd be so expensive to have those made/distributed, to not know if he's even going to be able to sell them after this season.  It's not his fault.  He locations in some of the malls, but the draw for the jerseys would prob just be at the stadium.  Too risky.  I don't blame him.

3 hours ago, philliken said:

Talked to the guy on Saturday.  As he's stated before, he'd love to put the jerseys in the store.  Since his contract is year-to-year at the stadium, it'd be so expensive to have those made/distributed, to not know if he's even going to be able to sell them after this season.  It's not his fault.  He locations in some of the malls, but the draw for the jerseys would prob just be at the stadium.  Too risky.  I don't blame him.

Is it possible to just order the shorts for his store? You would think those would sell. I'd buy several pairs shorts.

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is it possible to just order the shorts for his store? You would think those would sell. I'd buy several pairs shorts.

you would buy several pairs of the basketball shorts? wild

17 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

you would buy several pairs of the basketball shorts? wild

SEVERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Point being, anyone over the age of 22 wearing a basketball jersey of any kind should be taken out back and shot. Think there's a bigger market for the jersey shorts. 

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

SEVERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Point being, anyone over the age of 22 wearing a basketball jersey of any kind should be taken out back and shot. Think there's a bigger market for the jersey shorts. 

dog..... never too old to rock a jersey.

QUAILMAN likes this

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Agree - the 1992 Dream Team jerseys, especially, have become the nightmare of society.