Chris Kellerman ?

BLIKNS

Would Chris be considered a pf,wf,or wf/pf?Thanks.Rivals lists his interest in SLU as medium,same as the others he`s interested in.

I watched Kellerman play in three different AAU tournaments this summer, at least seven games.

He appears to be in the 6-7 to 6-8 range and may be still growing. He is filling out nicely and I can see him playing in the 230-240# range in college. I don't see him as a WF.

He can shoot it from the perimeter. In his first game at the second Kansas City tournament, Chris stepped out and hit three 3's in a row. At that point, you could easily notice the college coaches flipping thru their red players notebook to see "who the hell is this big kid hitting 3's"!

Foot speed and the willingness to truly bang on the boards are potential liabilities for Kellerman. Hands and passing abilities appear to be okay.

Kellerman played firstbase and DHed for his good high school baseball. I believe he made his all-conference team for baseball.

Kellerman is definitely a prospect to follow because of his size and shooting ability. Since Soderberg likes his "bigs" to be able to shoot the ball after setting a screen or two, then Kellerman may fit that role. His dad is his high school coach at O'Fallon. Played on the same AAU team as Kevin Litsch. I'm thinking he is a junior-to-be, but could be wrong on that.

A friend saw Dennard Abraham play at Mullen's juco camp in late July in Tulsa. Said Abraham was 6-7, bulkly, good feet and could shoot well out to 10-12 feet. He rated him high-major, but I'm not sure how high "high" is!

Abraham would give us three junior post players along with JJ and IV. Roster would also have VN as a senior and BH as a sophmore.

I would like to see how current post players progressed by November, before committing on Abraham. I would also have to consider adding Knollmeyer from JeffCity, if I'm positive he could shoot the 10 footer. After this summer's evaluation period, I'm sure Brad and staff have a dozen or more post-players on their refined recruiting list.

From my recall of watching Kellerman as a freshman, to-date he has grown 3-4 inches and put on some good strength. I don't know if he will grow any more, but I'm assuming he will add 10-15 pounds over the next twelve months.

During this period of height and strength growth it doesn't appear that CK has gotten any quicker or that he ballhandling skills have improvement enough to put him into the "slasher" category. We agree that every year he shoots well.

I don't see him playing the 3-spot in C-USA or at the top level of the A-10. My guess is that his future is as a good shooting 4-man(as 3star also stated below), but what the hell do I know!

I'm also guessing that SLU will sign a post-player(or two) that nobody has ever heard of, but yet a player that best fits Brad's criteria for a post-player. People will mumble and scratch their heads, but three years down the road this kid will be an effective role player in Coach Soderberg's system.

until chris either shows a willingness to mix it up inside and become a better "4" in the sense of a power forward, or until he improves his quickness enough to play a wing and defend those wing players, kellerman is headed to mckendreelike land imo.

it just upsets me to see a kid with kellerman's size in high school games where he could obviously dominate the inside, sitting out in the corner waiting for a pass or up on the block ready to break out for an outlet pass when there is no doubt he would benefit his team much more rebounding and defending inside. but on the other hand, his dad is the coach. gotta believe dad is using him as he sees fit. of course o'fallon sucks every year so that might explain a lot.

Roy I think you are being guilty of stereotyping American style basketball. If your big you need to play inside and don't shoot the ball from more than 10 feet. The rest of the world doen't put those restraints on their players. Just maybe the kids father is doing whats best for him.

>Kellerman isn't quite that bad. He shoots it at least as

>well as Troy and is 3 inches taller. But he can't guard the

>chair I'm sitting in.

I think 3Star has a quick chair. Neither Ross Varner nor Terry Evans were reported to be able to guard it either.

Just an attempt at humor 3Star. A few years ago we were willing to take players who might have some ability or element to their game that we could use but were not really CUSA level athletes (i.e., Drew Deiner and Ross Varner come to mind). Unless we on the board are just overenthused about the strides that Brad has been making with the program, I believe we are beyond taking one dimensional players who have holes in their game. That said, we need shooters. Somebody has to step forward and show he can knock down an opens outside shot besides Reggie. Kellerman sounds like a shorter Steve Novak from Marquette. Wouldn't be bad to have a guy like that to play 10 minutes per game ... but only once we have solidified the starting PF position.