Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that game became unwatchable. Chaminade was down by 15-20 throughout the third quarter and turned it into a track meet. The refs swallowed their whistles, and Chaminade was able to get it tight before they missed a few threes at the end. Gordon looked pretty good, considering how post-unfriendly this game was. In the first half, Chaminade double teamed on the catch and Gordon found the cutter/shooter pretty much perfectly every time. Gordon had a few scoring post-ups in the second half before Chaminade started pressing. The blocks were very nice - one thing to watch for is that he seems more effective and engaged defending on the ball than he does when helping from the weak-side (although he did have a few weak-side blocks today, which was good to see). I don't think Hellems scored on any of the 1v1 match-ups he had with Gordon, even when out on the perimeter. Anyway, he has the court awareness to improve as a help-defender, and I imagine playing with our intense bunch of players and coaches will also help.

20 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Blossom got away with a huge coaching mistake. Ramey fouled out guarding Hellems. Hellems ate him alive. The secondary WG players really stepped it up and made clutch FTs at the end. I was really impressed without Gordon’s ball handling skills. 

I’m assuming you meant “with” Gordon’s ball handling?

On 3/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, SLURadioBoy said:

Gordon brings two state titles and a gold medal to SLU next year. Let's keep the tradition going and get him an A10 title next year too.

More blocks, steals and rebounds than ever next season. Gordon could break French’s blocks mark, just a year apart....

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

More blocks, steals and rebounds than ever next season. Gordon could break French’s blocks mark, just a year apart....

Blocks are not Gordon's strong suit.  French will double him up in blocks.