Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My uneducated take is that Gordon is closer to 6'7 than 6'9. Quite frankly part of the reason he's fallen from a top 10 recruit as a sophomore to a top 50 kid today is that he hasn't grown. He was a man among boys at younger ages and while he'll be a man among boys in HS games this year, he won't be when he plays in college.

Also, I'm not sure having a top 50 player that stays in school for 3 years is worse than having a top 10 kid that is one and done.

3 hours ago, GOSLU68 said:

Kentucky bred, Travis Ford getting job done in the SouthEast corner of Missouri that even Majerus Magic could not reach is a wonder.

As long as his staff remember these kids have to compete in the classroom we will soar.

It certainly helps that Davell Roby comes from outside Memphis and has worked his  butt off to become a decent shooter and team leader as well.

The Kentucky roots may help, and Corey Tate if I recall correctly was the coach at mineral area Juco,  I wonder if he had any recruits there from sikeston?

6 minutes ago, kshoe said:

My uneducated take is that Gordon is closer to 6'7 than 6'9. Quite frankly part of the reason he's fallen from a top 10 recruit as a sophomore to a top 50 kid today is that he hasn't grown. He was a man among boys at younger ages and while he'll be a man among boys in HS games this year, he won't be when he plays in college.

Also, I'm not sure having a top 50 player that stays in school for 3 years is worse than having a top 10 kid that is one and done.

11 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Which matters when NCAA bans players from wearing shoes while playing. 

I hear that will be the sanctions applied to Louisville for 1 full year. 

On 11/9/2017 at 9:23 AM, Pistol said:

Different class. WG is in Class 5, Sikeston is in Class 4.

Class 4 was a gauntlet last year, as Vashon, Sikeston, Hillsboro, and St. Mary's were all in the same quadrant. Whoever came out of that was going to win state, and it was Vashon. It's a shame they were all bunched together because they had an argument as the four best teams in that division.

Class 5 only tested Webster Groves in the semifinals, with Kickapoo. They lose a lot with Jared Ridder having graduated, but CBC will be back and is going to be a lot to handle for at least the next three seasons. But I'll take WG's seniors over CBC's sophomores for now. Chaminade will probably be favored to get out of that district again, but I don't think they're going to challenge WG. There's no answer for Gordon (and to a lesser extent, Ramey). Anyway, if we assume the same structure for this year's brackets, CBC in the quarterfinals should be the biggest test to WG, who I think will repeat.

Heard Ramey got hurt tonight and might be out for an extended period.

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Give me dogs like Thatch who want to be a Billiken. Ramey doesn't wanna be here so I don't want him. 

you're right, Ramey appears to want to go else where.  But I would take him in a heart beat. Be is very good at the sport of basketball.