Motivation (and praise) for Goodwin

Sorry if I missed this in one of the other threads, but B.Fred. at the P-D tucked a nice mention of Goodwin in his column earlier this week:

3. Motivation (and praise) for Goodwin

I was surprised SLU freshman guard Jordan Goodwin did not appear on one of the Atlantic 10's three preseason all-conference teams. I think he's easily one of the top-15 players in his league. Sounds like college basketball analyst Jon Rothstein agrees. He just named the four-star recruit to his top-20 list of under-the-radar freshmen.

"The reclamation project with the Billikens is up and running and Goodwin’s presence is a major reason," writes Rothstein at FanRag Sports. "Travis Ford was attracted to this 6-4 guard because of his similarities to Marcus Smart and if he winds up being half as good as the former Oklahoma State star then Saint Louis will be one of the top teams in the Atlantic 10 over the next few seasons. Expect this kid to be an instant star at Chafeitz Arena."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-s-would-michael-porter-jr-seriously-consider-a-second/article_9c359fdc-3a41-510e-b705-668245a2a61e.html

bonwich, Tonka and TaLBErt like this