Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have Brian Snow at 247 with the “Crystal Ball” prediction, and we also have this guy from Rivals who predicted SLU last night.

https://n.rivals.com/content/forecaster_profiles/2383619

Maybe I’m forgetting, but I don’t think we’ve had a recruiting analyst predict us to land a recruit other than Carte’are Gordon, and that was done right before he committed. That combined with Frank C’s comments the other day make me think something is about to happen.

18 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

So we have Brian Snow at 247 with the “Crystal Ball” prediction, and we also have this guy from Rivals who predicted SLU last night.

Maybe I’m forgetting, but I don’t think we’ve had a recruiting analyst predict us to land a recruit other than Carte’are Gordon, and that was done right before he committed. That combined with Frank C’s comments the other day make me think something is about to happen.

Looking at his past predictions, they’re almost always right. And the commitment usually comes shortly after the prediction. Hope that’s the case here 

23 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Like 3500 years

*Warning: Super off-topic. Keep scrolling for more 2021 recruiting posts*

Lol. Yup. They traced mutations in the Y-chromosome all the way back. Apparently, in parts of Asia, literally everybody thinks they’re a descendant of Genghis Kahn (probably because he had so many kids with so many different women). So they took samples from like a dozen different people and 3 of them actually were descendants of Genghis Kahn. I was just a lowly communications major, so I don’t pretend to understand how they figure all that out. But it’s really fascinating.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

We also had the Eric Bossi article last week that ranked the contenders and listed SLU as the favorite. It really seem like there’s a lot of smoke around this right now. I think Nesbitt said he was looking at committing around Oct. 1 in a previous article, but maybe that’s changed with the dead period extending to just before that (Sept. 30).

As far as previous predictions for SLU, I remember a Duke insider predicting Torrence Watson would commit to SLU a few years ago, which he was obviously wrong about. That’s the only other one I remember though.

29 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

We also had the Eric Bossi article last week that ranked the contenders and listed SLU as the favorite. It really seem like there’s a lot of smoke around this right now. I think Nesbitt said he was looking at committing around Oct. 1 in a previous article, but maybe that’s changed with the dead period extending to just before that (Sept. 30).

As far as previous predictions for SLU, I remember a Duke insider predicting Torrence Watson would commit to SLU a few years ago, which he was obviously wrong about. That’s the only other one I remember though.

If I’m remember that article correctly, I think it said his birthday is in October, and he might commit then. I’m not sure if there was a source on that, or it was just speculation, but I’m definitely optimistic on it happening soon.

14 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Looks like we got another 247 crystal ball prediction as well for Nesbitt.  

44CF0250-F038-414E-AB06-12237D9123FA.thumb.png.3e4ccf93f66c941c06d82c94d0183529.png

Travis Branham. Looks like a new(er) guy at 247, but seems to know his stuff. Only ever missed 1 crystal ball prediction.

On his radio show today, Frank said he thinks there's a chance Nesbitt commits this week. He has spoken to sources close to the situation and things look great for SLU. Also, he has called Jordan and Corey Frazier to visit his remote broadcast tomorrow. He hadn't heard back yet at that time (just before noon). 

I'm guessing Frank's trying to see if Jordan is willing to announce his commitment on his show or talk about it right after he makes the announcement, but he didn't say exactly why he invited Jordan and Frazier out there. 

4 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

On his radio show today, Frank said he thinks there's a chance Nesbitt commits this week. He has spoken to sources close to the situation and things look great for SLU. Also, he has called Jordan and Corey Frazier to visit his remote broadcast tomorrow. He hadn't heard back yet at that time (just before noon). 

I'm guessing Frank's trying to see if Jordan is willing to announce his commitment on his show or talk about it right after he makes the announcement, but he didn't say exactly why he invited Jordan and Frazier out there. 

Gotta love Frank. Break that news on your show. I hope it happens. Would he awesome for SLU and for Frank.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Had a SLU offer:

I actually feel bad for Northwestern here. They’d been working hardest from the beginning.

I don't.  There was no way a Big 10 bottom dweller was going to stay in the hunt once better programs came calling 5-6 months ago.  And Depaul has been quietly outrecruiting Northwestern in the Chicago metro so Chris Collins can't even backfill with top local guys.  He had a nice run but it's over now.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-on Nesbitt I sure hope he Becomes a Billiken as at this point it would be a severe kick to the junk if not

-whoever is on briefcase full of cash duty this week I hope you are suitably prepared

Skip and I pretty much handle all recruits except the Chaminade kids.

Reinert310, rgbilliken and Zink like this

12 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I see Rivals has one prediction for Kern ..... to K-State.  Say it ain't so!

Or is getting Nesbitt (hopefully) scaring Kern away?  They seem to be similar but can easily see both on the floor at the same time.  

That’s just a prediction from a subscriber. According to Verbal Commits, Kern doesn’t even have an offer from K State.

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

That’s just a prediction from a subscriber. According to Verbal Commits, Kern doesn’t even have an offer from K State.

This. Rivals seems to have a function where subscribers can make “predictions”. That’s just fans picking their favorite teams. The only ones worth looking at are the predictions from the recruiting analysts. There are none of those for Kern.

1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

This. Rivals seems to have a function where subscribers can make “predictions”. That’s just fans picking their favorite teams. The only ones worth looking at are the predictions from the recruiting analysts. There are none of those for Kern.

They call it the “Fan Future Cast”, which puts SLU at an obvious disadvantage since we don’t have a Rivals page. Lol