Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

For what it's worth, Penny has recruited several players where he either offered or arrived very late into that player's recruitment. His track record of landing those players has not been strong. Both he and U of Memphis have been positively received in these situations, and they have become finalists with many, but ultimately not landing the player much of the time.

It has definitely been a pattern where U of Memphis has seemingly come out of nowhere late or later in some recruitments. 

They have actually had much better success when they have spent more time recruiting a player. I wouldn't read too much into the Memphis offer other than they are a legit candidate, same as SLU.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, courtside said:

For what it's worth, Penny has recruited several players where he eother offered or arrived very late into that player's recruitment. His track record of landing those players has not been strong. Both he and U of Memphis have been positively received in these situations, and they have become finalists with many, but ultimately not landing the player much of the time.

It has definitely been a pattern where U of Memphis has seemingly come out of nowhere late or later in some recruitments. 

They have actually had much better success when they have spent more time recruiting a player. I wouldn't read too much into the Memphis offer other than they are a legit candidate, same as SLU.

All we have to do is show him this

image.png.22d869c9929fff1ccc28f60b1ce6ca51.png

BuiltFordBills and Zink like this

54 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

He said 8/8/20, not today ....

If you're going to correct me at least don't be wrong?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be announcing my “Top 10” August 7th <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/decisions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#decisions</a> <a href="https://t.co/nY0SVBHB9q">pic.twitter.com/nY0SVBHB9q</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Nesbitt (@jneszz) <a href="https://twitter.com/jneszz/status/1289220056493117441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

38 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

If you're going to correct me at least don't be wrong?

I don’t think it’s gonna happen, but would love to see Illinois left out and watch all the creeps on Twitter lose their f-ing minds. Lol

BuiltFordBills likes this

26 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I don’t think it’s gonna happen, but would love to see Illinois left out and watch all the creeps on Twitter lose their f-ing minds. Lol

If that's what you're looking for, then you should be rooting for Illinois to make the cut to final five.  That's when the crystal ball prognosticators lean Illini to generate traffic before snatching the football away.

brianstl likes this

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If that's what you're looking for, then you should be rooting for Illinois to make the cut to final five.  That's when the crystal ball prognosticators lean Illini to generate traffic before snatching the football away.

I thought about that after I posted lol. But looking at IllinoisLoyalty, there’s at least a few posters who admit the Billikens are clear frontrunners. I haven’t seen anything on Nesbitt’s Twitter yet. I don’t know his Instagram.

4 minutes ago, Glorydayzedandconfused said:

Memphis just got a 4* SF. Good news for us re Nessbit?

Minnot is not as highly rated as Nesbitt.  Minnot wants to be a point forward, but most project him as a stretch big.  Nesbitt is a real point forward, just a bit undersized.