Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

20 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

MBM = Message Board Moron. Hence 3 star's use of moron

Originally started to make fun of ourselves for all thinking we know more than coaches, ex players, analysts. officials, etc ... And it still fits. At least I know there are many instances where it fits like a glove for me. 

I have never missed a call from my seat. 

Reinert310, NH and slufanskip like this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, willie said:

I have never missed a call from my seat. 

I've sat with you guys around your seats before. They're really good seats, so I can see that. I'm pretty sure my accuracy from that vantage point was 100% also. I did notice SShoe seemed to be off quite a bit though. 

willie and Reinert310 like this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I've sat with you guys around your seats before. They're really good seats, so I can see that. I'm pretty sure my accuracy from that vantage point was 100% also. I did notice SShoe seemed to be off quite a bit though. 

Maybe we should have a 4th official who sits in said seats:)

Gassama junior season highlights:

He attended a number of SLU games this season. Overall his junior year was a little disappointing - he missed the first several weeks with an injury and ended up averaging 7.0 PPG, 6.8 RPG, and 1.8 BPG with a slashline of .538/.400/.516 (he was 2-5 from 3). Others have talked about how DeSmet doesn't always do a great job of getting Gassama and Yaya Keita involved offensively but I still would've expected a little more production out of him this year. He's raw but big and there's definitely some potential here.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Gassama junior season highlights:

He attended a number of SLU games this season. Overall his junior year was a little disappointing - he missed the first several weeks with an injury and ended up averaging 7.0 PPG, 6.8 RPG, and 1.8 BPG with a slashline of .538/.400/.516 (he was 2-5 from 3). Others have talked about how DeSmet doesn't always do a great job of getting Gassama and Yaya Keita involved offensively but I still would've expected a little more production out of him this year. He's raw but big and there's definitely some potential here.

Believe me, if you would have attended some De Smet games this year you would understand.  I haven't seen a guard corps that unwilling to pass in a long time.  I hope the big guys are getting a great classroom education because they're not going to learn much offensive basketball there at this rate.

Coach314 and Pistol like this

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Believe me, if you would have attended some De Smet games this year you would understand.  I haven't seen a guard corps that unwilling to pass in a long time.  I hope the big guys are getting a great classroom education because they're not going to learn much offensive basketball there at this rate.

Yeah, I watched DeSmet a few times this season and honestly have no evaluation on those two beyond thinking they certainly look the part and move well for their size. Typically I would at least have an opinion one way or the other from seeing a couple of games, but they just weren't given an opportunity to showcase their game at all. I have heard Yaya is a great teammate and kid who has been thru a lot, so I am certainly pulling for the kid (looks like both have solid options which is good to see).

45 minutes ago, billikentim said:

Isaiah Barnes - SG, 6-7, 195 - Oak Park, IL (Oak Park And River Forest) - AAU: Illinois Wolves (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @Isaiahbarnes_
Offers: Saint Louis, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, TCU, Loyola-Chicago, Miami-Ohio, Illinois-Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago State.

Interest: Dayton, Butler, Creighton, DePaul, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa State, South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, SMU, Tulsa, Gonzaga, Nevada, Colorado State, Northern Iowa, SIU-Carbondale, Valparaiso, Bradley, Louisiana Tech, Florida Atlantic, Toledo, Northern Kentucky, Appalachian State, Elon, Western Illinois, Cal State-Fullerton, Grambling State.

Latest News: Barnes received an offer from SLU. (4/16/20)

Scouting Report: Barnes is a smooth shooting guard with a lot of potential. He has great size and length for the position and has deceptive strength. He's an excellent leaper and finisher. He's a solid shooter with good range and the ability to put a game away when he gets hot. He handles the ball well in transition and in the half court. His brother Dan played at Eastern Michigan and UIC.

-Dude is blowing up. The KU, Maryland, Iowa, and TCU offers are from late March. He added a lot to his frame in the past year and really improved his shot. Had a nice season for OPRF - 20.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.2 SPG, .484/.445/.782. Really nice all around player and a very high ceiling. We might already be late to the party, though; his KU offer is his pinned tweet.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-has any recruit that said University of St Louis ever signed with us?

26 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I can't remember who, but I feel like we had a fairly recent player who committed and posted something about the Billikins on his twitter.

Update: did a little bit of searching on Twitter.  Matt Neufeld committed to the Saint Louis University Billikins.

Hasahn French's AAU team put this tweet:

BuiltFordBills likes this

45 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Update: did a little bit of searching on Twitter.  Matt Neufeld committed to the Saint Louis University Billikins.

-thanks, at least he got the Saint Louis University part correct

54 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He spells and plays at the same level. 

12 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

He has to be priority #1 right? And Kern second? 

I don’t have any inside information, but I would think so. Frank always mentions on his show that Nesbitt and Kern are the top two priorities for SLU in the 2021 class. Hearing Tony Irons talk about how much Kern (and his mom) likes SLU, I think they are probably in good shape with him. I have no idea what Nesbitt thinks of SLU, but I would think he will need more convincing and is probably the top priority for the class.

This is from our most recent 2021 offer. He also announced he'd be transferring out of Oak Park-River Forest HS just outside the Chicago city limits. No word yet on a destination school.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is from our most recent 2021 offer. He also announced he'd be transferring out of Oak Park-River Forest HS just outside the Chicago city limits. No word yet on a destination school.

-that's an interesting mix of schools

2021 offer Trinity Bell released his top 8...for football. He hasn't ruled out playing some basketball in college, too, but it's safe to say we're not in the mix. More details here.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

i'll be interested to see what chicago high school he ends up at.   chicago politics for basketball is nasty.  

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

i'll be interested to see what chicago high school he ends up at.   chicago politics for basketball is nasty.  

There's also a chance he leaves Chicago for prep school somewhere else. La Lumiere is in NW Indiana or somewhere farther away altogether. Playing for OPRF and the Illinois Wolves (Under Armour Association), he's probably avoided more of the Chicago basketball politics than most recruits of his stature. He's also a fairly late bloomer in terms of high-level interest.