Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hmart23 said:

After seeing him in person, I really like watching Kobe Clark play. He was in foul trouble on some really soft calls. He does EVERYTHING for Vashon. Definition of Glue Guy.

Yeah I agree on the calls.  Kobe stepped up to a leadership position last year.  Proud of his growth.

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Yeah I agree on the calls.  Kobe stepped up to a leadership position last year.  Proud of his growth.

Kobe was directing traffic alot when he was on the floor. This is not a knock on Fletcher at all but he was not super aggresive last night. Definitely made some BIG plays though. They're so talented at times it feels like their offense didn't flow well. Mostly credit to Justin Tatum and CBC keeping this swinging the ball on the perimeter early and collapsing on the ball handler. 

4 hours ago, hmart23 said:

Kobe was directing traffic alot when he was on the floor. This is not a knock on Fletcher at all but he was not super aggresive last night. Definitely made some BIG plays though. They're so talented at times it feels like their offense didn't flow well. Mostly credit to Justin Tatum and CBC keeping this swinging the ball on the perimeter early and collapsing on the ball handler. 

Yeah.  They flow better when Phil or Kobe direct traffic.  For some reason Coach Irons has been taking the ball out of Phil's hands and playing him off ball.  Imo it cost them in the game against Curie.  Cam is probably 4th best in terms of taking people off the dribble but they are so talented they make it work.  They have been playing together for so long their chemistry sees them thru rough patches.  Should be another good one against STL Christian next week.

We are sprinting after Kobe Clark and Nick Kern. They both are interested, and the staff is trying to get them enamored. Two of our golden ages, under Grawer and Spoon, were due to significant good local players. 
These two are quality players, tough, strong, aggressive, and talented on the court and in the classroom.

Clark is a lean to us right now, according to word on the streets. He has a very good handle, grew out of being a point guard into an actual power forward. He can shoot off the dribble, has 3 pt range, and plays hard nosed defense from interior to out to half court. If we get him, he is French’s replacement from day 1.

He and Kern are both high D1 starters.

dennis_w likes this

1 hour ago, Sheltiedave said:

We are sprinting after Kobe Clark and Nick Kern. They both are interested, and the staff is trying to get them enamored. Two of our golden ages, under Grawer and Spoon, were due to significant good local players. 
These two are quality players, tough, strong, aggressive, and talented on the court and in the classroom.

Clark is a lean to us right now, according to word on the streets. He has a very good handle, grew out of being a point guard into an actual power forward. He can shoot off the dribble, has 3 pt range, and plays hard nosed defense from interior to out to half court. If we get him, he is French’s replacement from day 1.

I thought Clark had no interest?

SLU_Nick likes this

2 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

... no

5 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Clark just committed to Georgetown, so I think you had the correct read over Sheltiedave. Maybe he meant that Kern is currently a SLU lean? It will be interesting to see how his recruitment takes shape this spring/summer.

8 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

This didn’t age well over the course of today.

Clark is also a 2020 player.

I like him as a prospect. I’m not sure we would’ve had room for him, depending on how things shake out in the spring. But he chose Georgetown, anyway. They’re recruiting the Midwest heavily and have a wide open roster heading into next season. I hope he’s able to make some noise there.

Littlebill likes this

47 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Too soon.  We're recruiting his teammate.

While I (again I will say that) I don't condone the "running joke," I've got to question whether a recruit is going to make his decision based on what some random anonymous posters on an internet message board say.

41 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

While I (again I will say that) I don't condone the "running joke," I've got to question whether a recruit is going to make his decision based on what some random anonymous posters on an internet message board say.

You never know. What if one of his coaches is reading the board, that leaves a foul impression, and then he pushes his kids to other schools. Or the same situation for a family member. Probably unlikely... but definitely possible.

10 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your street was a dead end.

SLU_Nick likes this

8 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your street was a dead end.

Kobe was interested early on.  A few schools were taking the "wait and see" approach.  Georgetown has been on him pretty heavy.  They watched him in Florida and the whole staff went to see him in Memphis.  Like others have stated....Strickland will fill a wing spot.  Looking for a big is probably next.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Kobe was interested early on.  A few schools were taking the "wait and see" approach.  Georgetown has been on him pretty heavy.  They watched him in Florida and the whole staff went to see him in Memphis.  Like others have stated....Strickland will fill a wing spot.  Looking for a big is probably next.

I know you care about the kids coach so what a thrill for Kobe playing for a good program and a coach who is a basketball legend I know you are happy for him and so am I.

I remember when Anthony Bonner played with coach Ewing for the New York Knicks.