Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

On 10/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, Pistol said:

SLU was one of his earlier offers, but by the time he dropped this top 10, he had over 40. I've never seen a JUCO prospect end up with that many, nor in such a short amount of time. Every time I checked in with his recruitment, he had 5 or so more.

Committed to Alabama.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

So, if it was going to be the same either way, then why miss your senior year of college ball?

He is saying that playing his final year at SLU cost him a year of earnings as a pro basketball player, because he had to use his first year post-SLU to recover from his injuries.

31 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

The guy he is jumping over is at least the height of two trash cans stacked up. Very nice!

TWO TRASH CANS???? Is that even physically possible? I once saw a guy dunk over 1 trash can in a YouTube video, and I thought to myself, “how many duffel bags full of cash is it going to take to make this kid a Billiken?” Call the SLU physics department! Tell them to check and see if Earth’s gravitational force has started to get weaker! Two trashcans?!?! We’re all gonna float off into space!

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

TWO TRASH CANS???? Is that even physically possible? I once saw a guy dunk over 1 trash can in a YouTube video, and I thought to myself, “how many duffel bags full of cash is it going to take to make this kid a Billiken?” Call the SLU physics department! Tell them to check and see if Earth’s gravitational force has started to get weaker! Two trashcans?!?! We’re all gonna float off into space!

Thanks for the opening.

I never get tired seeing this classic!!

On 9/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, Pistol said:

-Sean Pedulla listed his 8 finalists: Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, SMU, Tulsa, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Wofford. Basically all of his offers except SLU and a couple others.

Pedulla picked VT over Minnesota and OSU, the other two in his top three.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

It looks to me like he's added some muscle across his upper body. If he has, this will play very well for him. 

I believe coaches have said he added 20 lbs. this offseason.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I too have added 20 lbs this offseason. Mostly in my midsection though...

I didn't add it THIS year but I have carefully maintained and nurtured the 20 extra pounds that I have been carrying for several seasons now. I'm fully in game shape, let's GO!

5 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I too have added 20 lbs this offseason. Mostly in my midsection though...

4 hours ago, White Pelican said:

I didn't add it THIS year but I have carefully maintained and nurtured the 20 extra pounds that I have been carrying for several seasons now. I'm fully in game shape, let's GO!

Getting that ab work in! I like it!

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Seeing this picture of Yuri reminded me that Frank C appears to be spotlighting the Billikens on his 10:00 Ch 5 Sports segment.  Last night he talked about Yuri.  If you live in the STL vicinity you might want to check it out.  It's nice to have one member of the media give the Home Town team a decent amount of coverage.  I will say, the Ch 2 guy, Martin Kilcoyne, gives us a fair shake also. Ch 4 is better than it used to be when the immature Jr, Billiken, Tim McKernan seemed to be the main guy and all he wanted to talk about was Mizzou.

Thanks, Frank

6 minutes ago, bauman said:

Seeing this picture of Yuri reminded me that Frank C appears to be spotlighting the Billikens on his 10:00 Ch 5 Sports segment.  Last night he talked about Yuri.  If you live in the STL vicinity you might want to check it out.  It's nice to have one member of the media give the Home Town team a decent amount of coverage.  I will say, the Ch 2 guy, Martin Kilcoyne, gives us a fair shake also. Ch 4 is better than it used to be when the immature Jr, Billiken, Tim McKernan seemed to be the main guy and all he wanted to talk about was Mizzou.

Thanks, Frank

Did anyone post the segment Frank had with Hasahn French the other night or am I dreaming such segment took place? I swear I read somewhere that Frank was going to have HF on his show. 

I'm sure it's already been posted on here and I missed it..

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Did anyone post the segment Frank had with Hasahn French the other night or am I dreaming such segment took place? I swear I read somewhere that Frank was going to have HF on his show. 

I'm sure it's already been posted on here and I missed it..

https://www.ksdk.com/watch

Both Yuri's and Hasahn's short segements are here.  Scroll down to sports and then you can find them.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/hilltoppers-to-play-in-nebraska-mte-louisville-bubble/article_37d15341-75a8-5ba4-9b7a-b7c56d44e7e8.html

The interesting item in this article is that W KY says they are playing LSU at the Nebraska MTE.

The Western Kentucky men's basketball team's schedule will feature early-season matchups in Nebraska and Louisville.

The Hilltoppers returned signed agreements to play two games in Nebraska's multi-team event and three games in Louisville's bubble event, a source confirmed to the Daily News on Thursday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the games have yet to be announced.

The games in Lincoln, Neb., are scheduled to be Nov. 25-26, and the Hilltoppers are expected to face LSU in one of its games in Nebraska.  For WKU, the Louisville bubble event will feature three games starting on Nov. 28 or later, and WKU is expected to play Louisville in one of those games.

So it appears the matchups are in process.

SORRY WRONG THREAD.

46 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/hilltoppers-to-play-in-nebraska-mte-louisville-bubble/article_37d15341-75a8-5ba4-9b7a-b7c56d44e7e8.html

The interesting item in this article is that W KY says they are playing LSU at the Nebraska MTE.

The Western Kentucky men's basketball team's schedule will feature early-season matchups in Nebraska and Louisville.

The Hilltoppers returned signed agreements to play two games in Nebraska's multi-team event and three games in Louisville's bubble event, a source confirmed to the Daily News on Thursday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the games have yet to be announced.

The games in Lincoln, Neb., are scheduled to be Nov. 25-26, and the Hilltoppers are expected to face LSU in one of its games in Nebraska.  For WKU, the Louisville bubble event will feature three games starting on Nov. 28 or later, and WKU is expected to play Louisville in one of those games.

So it appears the matchups are in process.

SORRY WRONG THREAD.

Not sure which article/chat forum I read it in but I recall reading about a match up between LSU and one of the other Nebraska MTE teams (might have been San Francisco), so that would be 2 games for LSU. Not sure how many games they plan on playing but let's hope they can squeeze one in against SLU!

Around the A10...

2021 6'8 Top 50 Power Forward from Arizona, DaRon Holmes committed to Dayton today. His finalists were Dayton, Marquette, Arizona, Cal.

Many thought he would choose Marquette or Arizona as they both were in on him a long time. But Dayton came in later and some things went their way. He really liked Anthony Grant.

First, his recruiter from Marquette, Stan Johnson, left to be the Head Coach at Loyola Marymount. (Johnson also landed two other recent AZ players of the year for Marquette) His U of Arizona recruiter, Justin Gainey left Arizona to take an assistant position with Marquette, where he had been before. Marquette has a bit of logjam at his position. Arizona has some NCAA concerns as well.

Dayton positioned themselves well later in his recruitment.

Holmes who grew up in Arizona, played his last year at Montverde in Florida. 

He is a face up 4, high energy/motor, runs the floor, both ends, dunk machine to shot blocker, mid range game. 

It's a big get for Dayton.