Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

53 minutes ago, willie said:

Frank had a brief interview with Travis on the morning news. Ford smiled at the possibility of the 3 seniors sticking around. He said seniors will not count on future rosters. So you could have 13 players plus whatever senior who would want to play. I take this to mean it doesn't effect anyone but seniors. 

I would like some clarity too, but I think ALL players are now going to have 5 years of playing eligibility. the seniors are unique in that if they come back it won't count against the scholarship limit. But others could choose to come back and finish a masters degree or whatever. A guy like Jimerson could play 5.3 years when all is said and done. At least that's my current understanding.

brianstl likes this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I would like some clarity too, but I think ALL players are now going to have 5 years of playing eligibility. the seniors are unique in that if they come back it won't count against the scholarship limit. But others could choose to come back and finish a masters degree or whatever. A guy like Jimerson could play 5.3 years when all is said and done. At least that's my current understanding.

Frank also acted like ALL players are getting an extra year of eligibility this year. Because of this, he reiterated that he thinks SLU won’t recruit any high school players this year and will look at transfers and Juco players. I’m not sure if that’s an assumption he’s making or if he’s been told that by the staff.

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said on the radio that he’s heard that French will probably be gone after this year. However, there is a chance Perkins and Goodwin stick around for one more.

-wow, that would be great from the perspective of a fan 

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If I had a free year to stay home and sort things out before heading out into the real world, I would have taken it.  But everybody's different.

-knowing what I know now, absolutely, trying to get a 21/22 year old to understand that might be a tad different

2 hours ago, willie said:

Obviously this would be a good thing for our program but for basketball conversation doesn't this hurt the development of a TJ?   More transfers? 

-on hurting development I don't think so, a lot of minutes at 3 other spots to be had and if you want minutes from JGood or JPerk you better up your game to take them so to me the internal competition would make guys improve

Frank also acted like ALL players are getting an extra year of eligibility this year. Because of this, he reiterated that he thinks SLU won’t recruit any high school players this year and will look at transfers and Juco players. I’m not sure if that’s an assumption he’s making or if he’s been told that by the staff.

Now that we've lost out on Nesbitt, and knowing that we might be better positioned for the following year's class, this seems like a sensible way to go.

Frank just said on the radio that he’s heard that French will probably be gone after this year. However, there is a chance Perkins and Goodwin stick around for one more.

You get a Boner! Everyone gets a Boner! you get a boner! and you get a boner!  - oprah you get a car - quickmeme

JMM28, Reinert310, dlarry and 1 other like this

Even if it was good for the program I would hate to see Goodwin and Perkins stay. There is a finite amount of time for them to make good money overseas. "Wasting" another year in college means losing a year of 6 figure income. Looking back Dwayne Evans has made comments that he played through injuries his Sr season that forced him to miss a year in the pros. He wishes he would have sat out his Sr year in hindsight rather than losing a year of income and pro development.

2 hours ago, JGR6396 said:

Gotta love this. You’d think upcoming recruits would want that

That’s awesome. Looks like they shot this from the rooftop (Clubhouse) of the Arcade Building. 

After closer inspection those views appear to be from further west and from closer to Market. Wonder if that’s SLU law school?

2 hours ago, SLU let the dogs out?! said:

That’s awesome. Looks like they shot this from the rooftop (Clubhouse) of the Arcade Building. 

After closer inspection those views appear to be from further west and from closer to Market. Wonder if that’s SLU law school?

That is definitely from the top of the law school. 

A couple of international players to keep an eye on for the interest list.....

Tate has started to follow Jeffery Ofoedu a 6'5 SG from Australia on Twitter.  Ofoedu currently has an offer from UC Riverside.

Giacoletti has started to follow Lamin Sabally a 6'6 SG from Germany. Sabally currently holds offers from UTSA and Northern Arizona.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

A couple of international players to keep an eye on for the interest list.....

Tate has started to follow Jeffery Ofoedu a 6'5 SG from Australia on Twitter.  Ofoedu currently has an offer from UC Riverside.

Giacoletti has started to follow Lamin Sabally a 6'6 SG from Germany. Sabally currently holds offers from UTSA and Northern Arizona.

Ofoedu brings an impressive academic resume to the table in addition to his physical attributes:

https://recruitingboostexposure.com/athlete/jeffrey-ofoedu/

brianstl likes this

Jeffrey Ofoedu - SG, 6-5, 185 - Melbourne, Australia (Suzanne Cory) - Twitter: @JeffreyOfoedu
Offers: UC-Riverside.

Interest: Saint Louis, Duquesne, George Washington, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Tulsa, East Carolina, New Mexico, Boise State, Air Force, San Jose State, Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Dartmouth, Columbia, Eastern Michigan, Illinois-Chicago, Texas-San Antonio, UAB, North Texas, Sam Houston State, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-San Diego, North Dakota, Northeastern, UMBC, Hartford, Montana, Montana State, Southern Utah, Kansas City, Howard.

Latest News: Ofoedu received an offer from UC-Riverside. (10/16/20)

Scouting Report: Ofoedu is a physical scoring guard with good size and athleticism. He handles the ball very well and makes plays for his teammates with excellent passing ability. He's a strong finisher in traffic. He's a high-level defender who can guard multiple positions and create mismatches and steals. He has a strong work ethic.

Lamin Sabally - SG, 6-6, 180 - Berlin, Germany (Bella Vista Prep, AZ) - Twitter: @lam_sab-23
Offers: Texas-San Antonio, Northern Arizona.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, Boise State, San Diego, Princeton, Grand Canyon, Seattle, California Baptist.

Latest News: Sabally received an offer from UTSA. (10/16/20)

Scouting Report: Sabally is a versatile wing with size and length (6-10 wingspan). He has good handles and is confident getting to the basket. He has a smooth game offensively and loves to penetrate and either stop and pop or finish with a teardrop from within 10 feet. He can guard three positions. He rebounds his position well and uses his length to disrupt and block shots, too. He was born in Gambia (where his father is from), moved to Germany (where his mother is from) as a child, and came to the U.S. in 2019 to attend Bella Vista Prep (Jimmy Bell's prep school) in Arizona. His sister Satou played at Oregon and was the #2 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft, making the all-rookie team as a member of the Dallas Wings.

AGB91 likes this

Another name to add to the 2021 interest list: 

Philipp Walz - F, 6-8, 215 - Munich, Germany (FC Bayern Munich) - Twitter: @PhilippWalz1
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Richmond, DePaul, Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Ohio State, Nebraska, Rutgers, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Oregon, Stanford, Washington State, Oregon State, Memphis, Tulsa, East Carolina, UNLV, New Mexico, Wyoming, St. Mary's, Santa Clara, San Diego, Loyola-Chicago, Eastern Kentucky, Akron, Kent State, Toledo, Charlotte, UAB, Texas-San Antonio, Texas-El Paso, Rice, Florida Atlantic, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Little Rock, Texas State, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina, UC-Santa Barbara, UC-San Diego, Hawaii, South Dakota, Omaha, Montana State, Eastern Washington, William & Mary, Towson, Delaware, Drexel, Northeastern, UMBC, Liberty, Grand Canyon, Kansas City, Texas-Rio Grande Valley.

Latest News: Walz continues to rack up interest from college coaches. (10/16/20)

Scouting Report: Walz is a combo forward who scores inside and out. He has an easy, consistent stroke with range and made 42% of his 3-point attempts (3.8 3PAPG) last season for FC Bayern Munich's youth team. He moves well off the ball to get himself open. He runs the floor very well for his size and finishes strong. He attended Walsingham Academy in Virginia before returning home to Germany. He will be 20 entering his freshman season of college ball.

22 hours ago, thetorch said:

Even if it was good for the program I would hate to see Goodwin and Perkins stay. There is a finite amount of time for them to make good money overseas. "Wasting" another year in college means losing a year of 6 figure income. Looking back Dwayne Evans has made comments that he played through injuries his Sr season that forced him to miss a year in the pros. He wishes he would have sat out his Sr year in hindsight rather than losing a year of income and pro development.

I get your point, but, realistically, how much interest would Evans have gotten from teams if he sat out his senior year?

3star_recruit likes this

One last new name today for the 2021 interest list:

Jordan Mitchell - PG, 6-3, 165 - West Memphis, AR (West Memphis) - AAU: Woodz Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Jordan0Mitchell
Offers: Southeastern Louisiana, Oral Roberts, North Alabama.

Interest: Saint Louis, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Memphis, Tulsa, Boise State, Cornell, SIU-Carbondale, Austin Peay, Southeast Missouri, VMI, Louisiana Tech, Sam Houston State, Little Rock, Louisiana, Texas-Arlington, Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State, North Dakota State, Niagara, Longwood, North Alabama, Liberty, Kansas City, Jackson State.

Latest News: Mitchell received an offer from Southeastern Louisiana. (10/16/20)

Scouting Report: Mitchell is a pure point guard with great instincts. He's an excellent ball handler and outstanding passer, always getting his teammates involved. He's a shifty lefthanded playmaker who controls pace and has incredible vision. He scores from the perimeter and by going strong to the basket. He's an active defender and he fills up the stat sheet. He's young for his class.

6 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I get your point, but, realistically, how much interest would Evans have gotten from teams if he sat out his senior year?

About the same he had after sitting out an entire season post college.