Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

16 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

The fact that they’re both announcing on the day just seems like too much of a coincidence for them not to be connected somehow...which means they’re probably not connected at all and I’m just looking way too much into the psychology of teenagers.

This was the report from Frank's show "He also said that they are hoping to get an answer from Kern around Oct. 1 as well."

That is a far distance from it being "a fact" that they are both announcing on the same day. It's weird how stuff like that get's twisted, especially when Frank himself is just reporting a rumor and the "hope" of the Billikens staff.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This was the report from Frank's show "He also said that they are hoping to get an answer from Kern around Oct. 1 as well."

That is a far distance from it being "a fact" that they are both announcing on the same day. It's weird how stuff like that get's twisted, especially when Frank himself is just reporting a rumor and the "hope" of the Billikens staff.

Kern has a countdown on Instagram.  That is why people are assuming he will announce when the countdown ends.

The Memphis writer from The Athletic wrote about Nesbitt's recruitment today and broke down each team's chances after interviewing the coach at St. Louis Christian Academy. Apparently Nesbitt's coach doesn't view SLU as the favorite...

Saint Louis
With any given talented player from Memphis, you’d be on the right side of history to assume that kid would end up at the U of M. The dynamics seem to be a bit different in Nesbitt’s case as it relates to the city of St. Louis. The Billikens haven’t exactly been there from Day 1, offering the 6-6 guard just last summer, according to Autenrieth. Each Crystal Ball prediction at 247Sports has Nesbitt ending up at Saint Louis; Autenrieth pushed back on that this week.

“He’s not super concerned with (the hometown angle),” Autenrieth said. “I see that being broadcast all over, but that’s not really coming from our camp. He’s not really concerned about them being a favorite just because they’re the hometown school. Saint Louis has done a great job. They’ve done a pretty good job of resurrecting the program. Jordan’s been to some games there, and they’ve been building a relationship. But as far as (them) being a favorite, I wouldn’t say that.”

10 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

The Memphis writer from The Athletic wrote about Nesbitt's recruitment today and broke down each team's chances after interviewing the coach at St. Louis Christian Academy. Apparently Nesbitt's coach doesn't view SLU as the favorite...

Saint Louis
With any given talented player from Memphis, you’d be on the right side of history to assume that kid would end up at the U of M. The dynamics seem to be a bit different in Nesbitt’s case as it relates to the city of St. Louis. The Billikens haven’t exactly been there from Day 1, offering the 6-6 guard just last summer, according to Autenrieth. Each Crystal Ball prediction at 247Sports has Nesbitt ending up at Saint Louis; Autenrieth pushed back on that this week.

“He’s not super concerned with (the hometown angle),” Autenrieth said. “I see that being broadcast all over, but that’s not really coming from our camp. He’s not really concerned about them being a favorite just because they’re the hometown school. Saint Louis has done a great job. They’ve done a pretty good job of resurrecting the program. Jordan’s been to some games there, and they’ve been building a relationship. But as far as (them) being a favorite, I wouldn’t say that.”

not going to rain on the kids parade. i respect him playing coy 

2 minutes ago, Scoop said:

That's what you're supposed to say to the Memphis beat writer.

Exactly. I don’t think anyone really knows what’s gonna happen next week. I want Jordan Nesbitt to be a Billiken as much as anyone. I really really do! But if there’s 1 thing we know, it’s that coach Ford is gonna find talent here at SLU. Hopefully, that includes Nesbitt. But if it doesn’t, there’s no doubt in my mind, our staff will find someone else.  That being said, I still really hope Nesbitt chooses SLU next Thursday.

BilliesBy40 likes this

Brian Snow at 247 just flipped his crystal ball to Illinois, but with a 2 levels of confidence, which basically means he’s not confident at all. But not exactly a good sign.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

Brian Snow at 247 just flipped his crystal ball to Illinois, but with a 2 levels of confidence, which basically means he’s not confident at all. But not exactly a good sign.

AD9216C3-9EAD-47F8-88F1-22F031C5CA26.png

gotta believe jordan does not want to wear orange.   horrible guady color.   that alone knocks them out.   

next, you got the the memphis fight song that sounds like a rip off of "old gray mare".   memphis plays over and over and over as a player that would drive me crazy to listen to that for 2 hours.  

no way we arent the favorite.

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Can you see his article explaining his reasoning?  

Basically just that the momentum for SLU had stalled and the point man for Illinois never kept his foot off the gas. 

Bills_06 likes this

1 hour ago, AGB91 said:

Point man or "Bag" man?

The Illini do have a history.

You do realize that we have also gotten players that way. Carte'Are Gordon was a very dirty recruitment. Jordan Goodwin's dad got a nice payday. Ford is a good recruiter, but he's not clean.

4 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

You do realize that we have also gotten players that way. Carte'Are Gordon was a very dirty recruitment. Jordan Goodwin's dad got a nice payday. Ford is a good recruiter, but he's not clean.

Sources? Anybody can make BS accusations about anybody, but you better at least have a shred of evidence to back it up, otherwise it’s just desperate and sad.

12 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

P.S. when a new member shows up and their very first post is about SLU paying recruits, using the pronoun “we” isn’t as clever of a disguise as you think it is. 🤦🏻

Edited by Reinert310
Autocorrect
slufanskip and RUBillsFan like this

15 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

nice first post.   just curious which frat in urbana you were in?

From The Athletic:

Nesbitt's HS coach: "He's not super concerned with the hometown angle. ... They've done a 'pretty good job' of recruiting the program. Jordan's been to some games there, and they've been building a relationship. But as far as (SLU) being a favorite, I wouldn't say that."

Not exactly encouraging. 

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

P.S. when a new member shows up and their very first post is about SLU paying recruits, using the pronoun “we” isn’t as clever of a disguise as you think it is. 🤦🏻

I'm actually a SLU alum, got my Masters there. Wife is an alum as well for both undergrad and masters. I follow a lot of Midwestern basketball recruiting. You are asking for "proof" of the recruitments of Gordon and Goodwin being dirty, but I think if Nesbitt goes to Illinois or Memphis you will be quite comfortable saying it was dirty without any such proof.

Everyone relax. If we get him awesome if we don't oh well. I don't feel as needy as we did back when goodwin was committing. We have a base and I trust Ford to find quality wherever with the momentum we have now. If he wants to go be another guy at one of those schools let him. We will be fine.