Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

16 hours ago, bauman said:

One minor correction, Goodwin will likely finish top 5 all time in 3 categories, but the correct three are rebounds, assists and steals, not points by either total pts or average pts.

I like your definition of the 8 year period as"the Jordan years."  Let's hope it happens and we wouldn't need to wait 20 years to appreciate what those two Jordans would have accomplished as Billikens and the impact they would have had on the Program!

Two other lesser categories for Goodwin's career stats will be minutes played and minutes per game played.  Right now he is 2nd to Bess in career mpg and is 17th in minutes played.  The number of games to be played this season is a total krapshoot at this time, but 30 games at 33 mpg puts Goodwin in 4th on minutes played.  He is 2 mpg behind Bess, so that is a huge hurdle to overtake him. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank has had Rammer on for the first hour of his show today. They started talking about recruiting in the last segment. Frank said that Memphis is coming on strong for Nesbitt, but he thinks SLU is still in the lead. He also said that they are hoping to get an answer from Kern around Oct. 1 as well.

31 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank has had Rammer on for the first hour of his show today. They started talking about recruiting in the last segment. Frank said that Memphis is coming on strong for Nesbitt, but he thinks SLU is still in the lead. He also said that they are hoping to get an answer from Kern around Oct. 1 as well.

Next week this board will be going nuts...just hope it’s in positive Pitbull fashion...if indeed Oct. 1 happens as advertised.

34 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Come on Jordan.  Help make your hometown team continue advancing as a top-level program.  You are a KEY recruit and needed to replace another great Jordan!

I would love to add Nick Kern at the same time-what a great duo they could become.

50 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Very interesting. Based on Kern's arc, I've been expecting him to wait it out until spring. This could just be SLU trying to force the issue with him and keep him from blowing up this winter, which is what happened this past year with his teammate Kobe Clark.

48 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Very interesting. Based on Kern's arc, I've been expecting him to wait it out until spring. This could just be SLU trying to force the issue with him and keep him from blowing up this winter, which is what happened this past year with his teammate Kobe Clark.

-if so, and he goes with it, another good move by TFord & Company

-has the 'sack o' cash' been delivered to Kern?

53 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This would make sense, @Pistol. Frank also said that the staff is getting close to the point with one recruit that they need him to either decide or they're going to need to move on. He didn't say who the recruit was, but confirmed it wasn't Nesbitt. That would make sense if it was Kern with him having a slower recruitment than some.

51 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So after "blowing up" Clark picks a school rated # 78 in the top 144 and picked to finish 2nd from the bottom in the Big East, finishing ahead of only DePaul.  At least it's a very good academic school. 

Memphis - in a Conference comparable to SLU; 500 mile round trip to see games; and not even in the ballpark with SLU for academics.  Possibly already over their limit on number of scholarships.  Actually, not much going for it.

4 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

This would make sense, @Pistol. Frank also said that the staff is getting close to the point with one recruit that they need him to either decide or they're going to need to move on. He didn't say who the recruit was, but confirmed it wasn't Nesbitt. That would make sense if it was Kern with him having a slower recruitment than some.

I really like Kern's game and think he would be a good fit in the A10.  He would have time at the mid-major level to build up his body before being called upon to play major minutes.  It also looks like SLU has some other guards they like who are further along in the decision making process.  Hope everything works out.

38 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Perhaps Blackmon?

37 minutes ago, bauman said:

So after "blowing up" Clark picks a school rated # 78 in the top 144 and picked to finish 2nd from the bottom in the Big East, finishing ahead of only DePaul.  At least it's a very good academic school. 

Memphis - in a Conference comparable to SLU; 500 mile round trip to see games; and not even in the ballpark with SLU for academics.  Possibly already over their limit on number of scholarships.  Actually, not much going for it.

Yeah, my sense with Clark seemed to say more about the state of the Georgetown program - a lot of roster turnover with I believe 7 newcomers added, as opposed to him blowing up. They seemed to be scrambling to fill spots and not exactly dealing from a position of strength. Who knows, perhaps the Clark kid goes on to have a nice career, but it didn't seem like there was a long line of high profile suitors.

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Perhaps Blackmon?

Could be, but it sounded like Frank asked about that recruit specifically. I'm not sure he would know much about Blackmon. Plus, SLU offered Kern a lot longer than Blackmon, so it's probably more likely they would be putting the pressure on him to make a decision. Blackmon recently named his final 6 and Kern has been very quiet about his recruitment and where things stand. Plus, Frank mentioned SLU hopes Kern will make a decision around Oct. 1, so they may be putting pressure on him to do so soon. I could be totally wrong though.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I really like Kern's game and think he would be a good fit in the A10.  He would have time at the mid-major level to build up his body before being called upon to play major minutes.  It also looks like SLU has some other guards they like who are further along in the decision making process.  Hope everything works out.

-do you know Kern's current height and weight? not meant to sound creepy just wondering if he grew taller and bulked up over the summer, he wears a t-shirt under his jersey but pretty sure he had room to fill out

14 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Interesting that Nesbitt and Kern are both saying they are making their decision on October 1, although I guess Kern said "around" October 1.  Is it possible that they, or Ford, have a reason to announce together that they are both coming to SLU?

I don’t think it’s a given that Kern is ready to commit, but the staff is hoping (or maybe hopeful) he will be doing so soon. At least that’s how I understood what Frank was saying.

33 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Interesting that Nesbitt and Kern are both saying they are making their decision on October 1, although I guess Kern said "around" October 1.  Is it possible that they, or Ford, have a reason to announce together that they are both coming to SLU?

The fact that they’re both announcing on the day just seems like too much of a coincidence for them not to be connected somehow...which means they’re probably not connected at all and I’m just looking way too much into the psychology of teenagers.

Billiken Rich likes this

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I don’t think it’s a given that Kern is ready to commit, but the staff is hoping (or maybe hopeful) he will be doing so soon. At least that’s how I understood what Frank was saying.

He’s got a countdown on his Instagram. I’m assuming that’s when he’s gonna commit. I dunno.

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Aside from Blackmon (i'll have to google him for a refresher), any guesses as to who this recruit could be? I've tried to keep up with recruiting but outside of the local recruits I'm lost. 

11 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Aside from Blackmon (i'll have to google him for a refresher), any guesses as to who this recruit could be? I've tried to keep up with recruiting but outside of the local recruits I'm lost. 

There’s a big man who has said he wants to visit SLU. Ola Ajiboye

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Radio Boy, thanks for the heads up on Frank's show when he talks about the Bills.  I'm not able to listen to much of his show but when you mention it, I always go the the 590 website and listen to it in the evening. 

SLURadioBoy and BilliesBy40 like this

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Radio Boy, thanks for the heads up on Frank's show when he talks about the Bills.  I'm not able to listen to much of his show but when you mention it, I always go the the 590 website and listen to it in the evening. 

Glad I could help, @bauman! I try to listen as much as I can because he’s the only on air personality who ever talks about the Bills. Plus I love his recruiting info.

Reinert310 likes this