Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

For what it’s worth, he posted on his Instagram story 45 minutes ago “Sorry for the delay.” Maybe we should be expecting a post sometime today 

I saw that too. I’ve seen “insiders” from 247, Illinois boards, Memphis boards all saying different things. 247 has us as 100% to land him today (I believe it was 83% yesterday). I’ve heard a blue blood has entered the mix. I have no idea who or what to believe. I guess we’ll see.

Edited by Reinert310
I’m having a bad spelling day...and it’s only 11:15🤦🏻

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

I saw that too. I’ve seen “insiders” from 247, Illinois boards, Memphis boards all saying different things. 247 has us as 100% to land him today (I believe it was 83% yesterday). I’ve heard a blue blood has entered the mix. I have no idea who or what to believe. I guess we’ll see.

Unless I missed something, 247 has had SLU at 100% since August. 

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

Yeah, I’m most concerned about either Memphis or another late breaking contender. Considering that he dropped a Top 11 list right after he got an offer from Memphis leads me to believe that he was ready to announce a Top 10 but had to include Memphis once he got their offer. That could be what’s happening with his top 3 too...

8 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Unless I missed something, 247 has had SLU at 100% since August. 

I’m horrible at this stuff, so I absolutely could be wrong, but I saw SLU was at 83% on 247 yesterday. I was assuming we had 100% on crystal ball predictions, but there was still some doubt in those predictions. I could absolutely have been reading that wrong though. If do, my bad.

So an “insider” in the Illini board said the delay was because a blueblood joined the mix and there’s now a “bidding war” for Nesbitt. An “insider” on the Memphis 247 page said the delay was because Nesbitt had to get a new phone because he busted his old one. This kid’s recruitment is turning into a Dan Brown novel. Lol.

they havent been memphis state for a long long time.   changed to university of memphis when we were still in C-USA.  maybe that's a good sign?

HoosierPal likes this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

they havent been memphis state for a long long time.   changed to university of memphis when we were still in C-USA.  maybe that's a good sign?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture 

Illinois fans are ripping SLU?  Hey, yours truly turned down Illinois for SLU when I was "strongly encouraged" domestically to apply there.  Someone in a position of influence should inform young Mr. Nesbitt that those silos and a certain odor emanating from nearby are very close to State Farm Center, especially when the wind blows out of the Southeast.  

Ask the Chicago Bears, who played one season in Champaign, across the street from the then Assembly Hall (now State Farm Center), while Soldier Field was being renovated into its current spaceship.

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Illinois fans are ripping SLU?  Hey, yours truly turned down Illinois for SLU when I was "strongly encouraged" domestically to apply there.  Someone in a position of influence should inform young Mr. Nesbitt that those silos and a certain odor emanating from nearby are very close to State Farm Center, especially when the wind blows out of the Southeast.  

Ask the Chicago Bears ...

On twitter or their board?

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

So an “insider” in the Illini board said the delay was because a blueblood joined the mix and there’s now a “bidding war” for Nesbitt. An “insider” on the Memphis 247 page said the delay was because Nesbitt had to get a new phone because he busted his old one. This kid’s recruitment is turning into a Dan Brown novel. Lol.

Talk about dumb