Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Can you please share? I haven’t seen it anywhere.

He’s talking about his top-11.  Because I said I thought he posted that later at night too

On 9/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, 3star_recruit said:

As an Illini fan that lurks this board, don't go to Loyalty. The Loyalty board is a joke within our own fanbase. Occasionally there's a guy that knows what he's talking about there, but 99/100 it's a bunch of guys making crap up.

2 minutes ago, DrDog said:

As an Illini fan that lurks this board, don't go to Loyalty. The Loyalty board is a joke within our own fanbase. Occasionally there's a guy that knows what he's talking about there, but 99/100 it's a bunch of guys making crap up.

99/100 isn’t bad.

Im pretty sure that’s right around the message board national average for guys making crap up.

13 minutes ago, DrDog said:

I guess we shouldn't go to the Illini's 247 board either:

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/board/103853/Contents/2021-recruiting--140495834/?page=20

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/board/103853/Contents/2021-recruiting--140495834/?page=21

"BTW I'm hearing good things about Nesbitt to Illinois. You can play in the Big Leagues or in AAA, your choice, lol."

"It is much more logical to pick the Illini instead of slu. So he will probably pick the local junior college. Slu makes no sense."

"It makes a lot of $ense."

57 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I guess we shouldn't go to the Illini's 247 board either:

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/board/103853/Contents/2021-recruiting--140495834/?page=20

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/board/103853/Contents/2021-recruiting--140495834/?page=21

"BTW I'm hearing good things about Nesbitt to Illinois. You can play in the Big Leagues or in AAA, your choice, lol."

"It is much more logical to pick the Illini instead of slu. So he will probably pick the local junior college. Slu makes no sense."

"It makes a lot of $ense."

Saw someone on twitter say "no one knows who goodwin is because he's in the a10" as if he hasn't been written about 8 million times or that he plays for the biggest school in the 23rd media market in the country

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Saw someone on twitter say "no one knows who goodwin is because he's in the a10" as if he hasn't been written about 8 million times or that he plays for the biggest school in the 23rd media market in the country

It's funny how CBS and ESPN do...not sure how that works :)

27 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

They do have a good point.  Other than being a consensus first team All-American, winning the Karl Malone award as the nation's top power forward, consensus National Player of the Year after being named the AP College Basketball Player of the Year, NABC Player of the Year, Naismith College Player of the Year, and awarded the Oscar Robertson Trophy and the John R. Wooden Award as well as earning national player of the year honors from CBS Sports, The Athletic, NBC Sports and USA Today, and currently projected as a top 4 pick in the NBA draft, name a publication or person that knew who Obi Toppin was because he was in the A10.  Can't do it, can you?  

Just reading between the lines of posts I’ve seen, Memphis is the team we gotta worry about, in my opinion. Not Illinois. I’m obviously not an insider, but that’s where my perspective stands right now.

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Just reading between the lines of posts I’ve seen, Memphis is the team we gotta worry about, in my opinion. Not Illinois. I’m obviously not an insider, but that’s where my perspective stands right now.

same.... knowing nothing about anything.... i feel like the delay might just lead to an outright commitment instead of a top 3

13 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

same.... knowing nothing about anything.... i feel like the delay might just lead to an outright commitment instead of a top 3

You might be right.

Edited by Reinert310
Spelling

For what it's worth, while the current U Memphis regime has had success recruiting high level players, they have had more success with longer term recruiting targets.

Many times Memphis has tried to get in later with good recruits, only to come up short but in the final list of a targeted player. 

17 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Never change, Illini fans. Never change. 

DrearyLonelyKakapo-size_restricted.gif

I feel like that poster on the Illini board is the guy in the center of the gif. Pre announcement:  "Cliff is a lock you guys, trust me."

Please never lose this video, I had forgotten just how great it is.