Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

4 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Checking out Illinois’ message board today, it seems like they may be missing out on some of the wings they have been pursing. Some of the posters think the staff is pushing hard for Nesbitt now since he hasn’t committed yet and some of their other targets may be leaning elsewhere.

That’s probably true, but did anybody (besides Frank) ever say he was close to committing? Have any of the insider crystal balls changed? I mean, it’s not like Nesbitt set a commit date, then changed it. Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but if I’m a recruit and a school comes and pushes harder on me because some other kids might be leaning a different way, I’m gonna feel like a 2nd (or 3rd) choice. Like a backup plan. Nesbitt is far too good to be a backup plan.

brianstl likes this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After checking out Illinois' message board on almost a daily basis these last few weeks, it really is amazing how they truly think that Illinois has to be the top choice for any recruit they're going after. If they don't get them, the other school MUST have paid for them.

Apparently even SLU has quite the reputation for cheating, according to their board. If that's the case, I wonder how much players like Brett Jolly and Bryce Husak cost us? 

BuiltFordBills likes this

1 minute ago, SLURadioBoy said:

After checking out Illinois' message board on almost a daily basis these last few weeks, it really is amazing how they truly think that Illinois has to be the top choice for any recruit they're going after. If they don't get them, the other school MUST have paid for them.

Apparently even SLU has quite the reputation for cheating, according to their board. If that's the case, I wonder how much players like Brett Jolly and Bryce Husak cost us? 

I think they were under the pay to play rule, ie they paid us. 

SLURadioBoy likes this

3 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

:JollyThree:

JMM28 likes this

31 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

It isn’t just Illinois that accuses SLU of it. Multiple UMass, K-State, and Miz fans have accused Ford of it on twitter in the last year. I find the notion funny that opposing fan bases can’t comprehend the appeal that SLU has. 

22 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

It isn’t just Illinois that accuses SLU of it. Multiple UMass, K-State, and Miz fans have accused Ford of it on twitter in the last year. I find the notion funny that opposing fan bases can’t comprehend the appeal that SLU has. 

This stuff doesn’t bother me at all. It makes me proud. Nobody accuses bad teams of cheat. If they want to assume we had to pay players to get them to come to SLU. Fine by me. I mean, it reeks of desperation and insecurity, but they can say whatever they like.

rgbilliken likes this

I have identified a solid transfer prospect.  I don't care if he can play basketball or not.  I don't care what the rules are for transferring from one A10 school to another.  This is a priority recruit.

https://sjuhawks.com/sports/mens-rowing/roster/slam-dunkley/5084

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I have identified a solid transfer prospect.  I don't care if he can play basketball or not.  I don't care what the rules are for transferring from one A10 school to another.  This is a priority recruit.

Excellent find! He's a rower AND a philosophy major. I believe our team lacks both of those at the moment. Don't we have a committee that oversees the Bags O' Cash? Get 'er done!

rgbilliken likes this

22 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Lol Box, my biggest question is how happened across the St. Joes Rowing Team Roster? 

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

One of the insiders on the Illinois Board says that their staff is now "full throttle" on Nesbitt's recruitment and it's good news for them that he hasn't committed to SLU yet.

Tell them about Slam Dunkley.  Wait, don't.

1 minute ago, SLURadioBoy said:

One of the insiders on the Illinois Board says that their staff is now "full throttle" on Nesbitt's recruitment and it's good news for them that he hasn't committed to SLU yet.

Just sayin, Nesbitt has been posting on Twitter and Instagram for the past week or so about how his college decision will be for him and nobody else, which I believe is a direct reference to all the D-Bags at Illinois trying to tell him where he should go. The “insiders” on the Illini board are telling each other exactly what they want to hear. Maybe Nesbitt ends up choosing Illinois over SLU, but I’m convinced it will only be a coincidence that they ended up being right. When “insiders” immediately start accusing schools of paying players as soon as those kids don’t pick Illinois, they lose “insider” status in my book. They don’t know any more than we do. I’m sure of it. Also, 1 of those “insiders” said that Derek Piper at 247 is the best when it comes to Illinois recruiting and that they all should trust him (in reference to another player, not Nesbitt), and Derek Piper’s Crystal Ball prediction with Nesbitt remains at Nesbitt choosing SLU.  Let’s not worry about it ‘til something changes, but I’m much more worried about Memphis than I am Illinois, if I’m being totally honest.

BuiltFordBills likes this

47 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Dude is 6'4 and ran track in high school.  At the very least he can defend three positions.

I've been a Bills fan for a LONG LONG time. So I've seen a few things. He could probably be a starter on many Billiken teams over the years. Cough jim crews cough. His bio says his father played pro basketball in Europe so I assume he's at least familiar with the game. So yeah...