Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

31 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Not sure what to read into this but James White https://247sports.com/Player/James-White-46101081/ started following Tate, Stuen and Giacoletti on twitter in the past couple of days. Tate followed him yesterday.   I didn't even know we were recruiting him.  He came out with a top 12 a month ago of Florida St., Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Creighton, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Texas A&M and Xavier. In addition he started following staff members at Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse. His twitter account make it appear he has reopened his recruitment and got a mizzou offer a couple of days ago.

love this kind of digging! 

brianstl and Reinert310 like this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the "community college" poke kind of triggered me.   that was really reaching and going low imo.   

i dont like underwood.   but he seems to fit with these classless fans of the illini

Roy, I hear you, but it’s not worth worrying about. The same person who wrote that post, also wrote that Illinois was “slow-playing” Nesbitt and that SLU was his bsckup school, on Sunday, AFTER the first predictions of Nesbitt coming to SLU came out. Don’t ask me why they think a school that hasn’t (officially) been to the tournament since 2013 can afford to be slow playing top-80 recruits, but they clearly like to pretend that they’re an expert, then pretending to be a tough guy when they’re (hopefully) wrong. Let ‘em say whatever they want. It’s just out of bitterness and jealousy. 

25 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Roy, I hear you, but it’s not worth worrying about. The same person who wrote that post, also wrote that Illinois was “slow-playing” Nesbitt and that SLU was his bsckup school, on Sunday, AFTER the first predictions of Nesbitt coming to SLU came out. Don’t ask me why they think a school that hasn’t (officially) been to the tournament since 2013 can afford to be slow playing top-80 recruits, but they clearly like to pretend that they’re an expert, then pretending to be a tough guy when they’re (hopefully) wrong. Let ‘em say whatever they want. It’s just out of bitterness and jealousy. 

That poster also claimed Illinois was in good shape with Nesbitt only a few days before. He/she has no idea, and now is backpedaling to save face. 

It isn't too difficult to figure out who has credibility and who doesn't when it comes to recruiting information. And those that do have it are not going to be bad mouthing, downplaying, other schools. There is a basic respect and professionalism. I wouldn't really be concerned with those that don't have it.

Jordan Nesbitt breaks down his top schools and next step

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW 52 minutes ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

9881307.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 Jordan Nesbitt (Photo: 247Sports)

Class of 2021 wing Jordan Nesbitt has become one of the most talked about and heavily recruited players in the Midwest. The athletic shot maker on the wing has seen his stock go up in the last year, and he continues to move toward a decision.

Currently ranked as the No. 80 prospect in the 247Sports Composite Ranking, Nesbitt is a 6-foot-6 wing who recently narrowed down his list and is continuing to evaluate all of his options.

The schools making the cut for Nesbitt were St. Louis, Iowa State, Memphis, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Illinois, Nebraska, Maryland and Seton Hall.

About the decision to cut down his list, Nesbitt told 247Sports, “At first it was just going to be a top 10. Then Memphis offered recently, so I made it a top 11. I don’t know when I will do another list, but I will cut it down again soon.”

Memphis clearly made him think twice, and he decided to actually expand his list because of their offer.

About the Tigers, Nesbitt said, “I am just very intrigued with their coaches. I think I also really fit their system and how they play. With an NBA head coach and an NBA facility, I think Memphis is very intriguing.”

Illinois is a school that has been linked to Nesbitt for a while, and the Fighting Illini have a good sell given the success they have had with bigger guards like himself.

“I like how they used Ayo (Dosunmu) and made him a focal point for their offense,” said Nesbitt of the Illini. “He is a big guard like me, and I think I fit their system as well and they could help me a lot.”

The current Crystal Ball leader for Nesbitt is his hometown St. Louis Billikens.

When asked about the local program, Nesbitt responded, “It is my hometown and there is nothing better than home. It is a great, great hometown. It feels like home there with the relationship I have with coaches and everything like that.”

With visits not likely happening in any official capacity any time soon, Nesbitt says he has a decision to make about the next step in his recruitment.

2COMMENTS

“I am either going to cut my list or just commit,” said Nesbitt. “It just depends. I am not sure yet.”

He continued, “I am just looking for a place where I am comfortable and finding the place that is best for me that can help me achieve my dream of playing in the NBA.

Bossi likes Nesbitt a lot and is pushing to get him a bump in the national rankings.  He's taking some heat from Illinois and Mizzou trash.  Didn't know Mizzou thought they had a chance with Nesbitt but they are the most delusional fan base not named Nebraska. He really likes SLU's team next year and believes they could be the next Dayton.  

8 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

Bossi likes Nesbitt a lot and is pushing to get him a bump in the national rankings.  He's taking some heat from Illinois and Mizzou trash.  Didn't know Mizzou thought they had a chance with Nesbitt but they are the most delusional fan base not named Nebraska. He really likes SLU's team next year and believes they could be the next Dayton.  

As far as I know, Mizzou never even offered Nesbitt. If they thought they had a chance with him, they might want to at least offer him a scholarship first. Mizzou fans are somehow delusional and defeatist at the same time. I have several close friends that are big Mizzou, makes for some incredible conversations.

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

As far as I know, Mizzou never even offered Nesbitt. If they thought they had a chance with him, they might want to at least offer him a scholarship first. Mizzou fans are somehow delusional and defeatist at the same time. I have several close friends that are big Mizzou, makes for some incredible conversations.

As a PowerMizzou member I can tell you that Cuonzo seemingly not recruiting and not offering Nesbitt has not gone over well. I think the overall confusion of what Cuonzo is doing in recruiting is now drawing more attention than Nesbitt specifically at this point though. There was a period of time where folks steaming over Nesbitt not having an offer was a weekly occurrence and Bossi raving about him wasn’t helping haha. I’m one of those Mizzou and SLU fans, but my interest in the two programs has never been this divergent (when I was younger there were times where my interest was the opposite).

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

As a PowerMizzou member I can tell you that Cuonzo seemingly not recruiting and not offering Nesbitt has not gone over well. I think the overall confusion of what Cuonzo is doing in recruiting is now drawing more attention than Nesbitt specifically at this point though. There was a period of time where folks steaming over Nesbitt not having an offer was a weekly occurrence and Bossi raving about him wasn’t helping haha. I’m one of those Mizzou and SLU fans, but my interest in the two programs has never been this divergent (when I was younger there were times where my interest was the opposite).

I cheer for Mizzou football but despise Mizzou basketball. The whole defeatist lore of the South Endzone (or is it the north endzone), Tyus Edney, Norfolk State, the “kick six”, the “5th down”, they always expect the worst, but still get high and mighty whenever discussing SLU. It’s a fascinating contradiction.

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

I cheer for Mizzou football but despise Mizzou basketball. The whole defeatist lore of the South Endzone (or is it the north endzone), Tyus Edney, Norfolk State, the “kick six”, the “5th down”, they always expect the worst, but still get high and mighty whenever discussing SLU. It’s a fascinating contradiction.

After the situations with Michael and Jontay Porter it truly feels like the basketball program is doomed to irrelevance forever at this point. Oh well, at least SLU is trending in the opposite direction. I just wanted to chime in that Mizzou fans overall were not happy with their lack of recruitment of Nesbitt (ship has sailed at this point, so his name hasn’t come up much of late), still haven’t seen any sort of perceived reason why that is the case, but little Cuonzo and his staff does makes sense.

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

yuck

Just now, TheChosenOne said:

After the situations with Michael and Jontay Porter it truly feels like the basketball program is doomed to irrelevance forever at this point. Oh well, at least SLU is trending in the opposite direction. I just wanted to chime in that Mizzou fans overall were not happy with their lack of recruitment of Nesbitt (ship has sailed at this point, so his name hasn’t come up much of late), still haven’t seen any sort of perceived reason why that is the case, but little Cuonzo and his staff does makes sense.

double yuck

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

hearing the same frustration from my mizzou friends.  It sounds to me Martin and co are spending all their time and resources on kids out of Michigan.

11 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

you're not the only one, I too follow mizzou football. 

16 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, I know. I blame my parents! Being a fan of the Blues (until last spring/summer) and Mizzou is great punishment, take it easy on me!

I went to high school with Jeremy Maclin. Played basketball with his brother. Very nice guys. 

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

#pioneerproud

im marrying a kwood/mizzou grad but luckily their family are all very casual fans. No tiger board yahoos

Good post. Congrats.

43 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

It was the north. The wide left vs. South Carolina in 2013 was also in the NEZ. They win that game and maybe play in the Sugar or Orange Bowl.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Not sure what to read into this but James White https://247sports.com/Player/James-White-46101081/ started following Tate, Stuen and Giacoletti on twitter in the past couple of days. Tate followed him yesterday.   I didn't even know we were recruiting him.  He came out with a top 12 a month ago of Florida St., Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Creighton, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Texas A&M and Xavier. In addition he started following staff members at Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse. His twitter account makes it appear he has reopened his recruitment and got a mizzou offer a couple of days ago.

I really want to read into this and think it means something, but looking at who he follows, it's almost all college coaches.  I know absolutely nothing about the kid, but this kind of has a "I want to pad my offers list" feel to it.  I'd love to be wrong, and as I said, I know nothing about the kid so I very well could be.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

doesnt martin typically wait until a recruit has already verbally committed to start recruiting?  

43 minutes ago, wgstl said:

hearing the same frustration from my mizzou friends.  It sounds to me Martin and co are spending all their time and resources on kids out of Michigan.

The best case scenario for us is that Martin has average success with mostly out of state recruits.  He needs to do well enough to not get fired, but not well enough to be a threat to our St. Louis recruiting.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

doesnt martin typically wait until a recruit has already verbally committed to start recruiting?  

Coach Integrity is just working smarter, not harder.  Much less work to convince a recruit that your school is better than only one other school.  

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

The best case scenario for us is that Martin has average success with mostly out of state recruits.  He needs to do well enough to not get fired, but not well enough to be a threat to our St. Louis recruiting.

Ford has us on track to get to a point where it doesn't really matter what Mizzou does...  The more success our team and the locals on our team have, the more we will lock up STL recruiting.  This season is huge for that.  Should be the start of a seasons-long tournament streak.