Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Exit one Jordan, enter another.  Looks to play a similar game to JG except the video doesn't show a lot of rebounding by JN.  There is a left-handed tip in much like JG did in the game against the Bonnies.  One difference is that the incoming Jordan looks to be a better shooter than our current Jordan.

If we can get him to step into the Goodwin role at the 2-Guard that would leave playing time at the 3 spot (Small Forward) for N Kern.  I definitely want both of them.

If we land Nesbitt, I think it will be our second best commitment after JGood. We’re losing a lot of big time players after this year. Offsetting that with a potential first team all conference guy like Nesbitt who can plug into any lineup is the type of recruiting move that keeps our program on the progression to the next level. 

bauman and BilliesBy40 like this

For some reason I didn't come around to Nesbitt until this past season, but damn he looks like the real deal. I think reclassifying was a good decision as he has clearly taken his game to that next level. Really excited about the prospects of adding him with guys like Yuri, Jimerson, Hargrove, Bell, Okoro, and Thatch. So impressive to see what Ford and company have done to build this roster for some long term success.

Jeez Illini Board is already getting feisty.

”Man what a strange recruitment on Nesbitt. Earlier this month his recruitment went National in scope with involvement from Texas, Alabama, Memphis, Maryland, and Illinois. Only to be upstaged by his supposed premature commitment to a community college. Something doesn't add up here. Sort of reminds me of the Carte Are Gordon recruitment.“

9 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

”Man what a strange recruitment on Nesbitt. Earlier this month his recruitment went National in scope with involvement from Texas, Alabama, Memphis, Maryland, and Illinois. Only to be upstaged by his supposed premature commitment to a community college. Something doesn't add up here. Sort of reminds me of the Carte Are Gordon recruitment.“

Instead of an idiotic conspiracy theory, it could just be that Nesbitt likes his hometown program and Illinois is arguably the leader for another big scoring guard:

Chicago kid, had a SLU offer.

BuiltFordBills likes this

15 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

I can tell Illini board guy exactly what happened if he really wants to know.

They got out recruited by a coach who is locking down local recruits. 
I recommend Coach Underwood send some extra coaches to the Chicago area because St Louis is Ford’s territory now. 

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Instead of an idiotic conspiracy theory, it could just be that Nesbitt likes his hometown program and Illinois is arguably the leader for another big scoring guard:

Chicago kid, had a SLU offer.

Weston knows he is already being recruited over at SLU.  I am really rooting for Western Illinois in this one.  

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

inject this into my veins

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

inject this into my veins

Just read that thread. Hoooooly mackerel they're deluded. Bills have had more success in the last decade. Travis Ford has had more success over the last decade than Underwood. He's been to two tournaments total and won one game. He oversaw a basketball program that used ineligible athletes. Then his biggest successes were vacated by the NCAA.

Illinois will be a top 20 team this season. So will SLU. 

6 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Just read that thread. Hoooooly mackerel they're deluded. Bills have had more success in the last decade. Travis Ford has had more success over the last decade than Underwood. He's been to two tournaments total and won one game. He oversaw a basketball program that used ineligible athletes. Then his biggest successes were vacated by the NCAA.

Illinois will be a top 20 team this season. So will SLU. 

Good post. Somehow I missed the news about SFA being penalized. That’s pretty wild.

37 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Show of hands please ...... how many of you think a four-star kid is going to Western Illinois?

Yeah ....that's what I thought too.

Ever? I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the Irvin family relationships. Nick (WIU assistant) was Weston's coach at Morgan Park.  WIU is already securing commitments from undervalued but good players, better than they've ever had there. Between their dad the late Mac, Nick, Mac Jr and his wife Corry's family, Lance, Byron, Cindy, all of the high schools, AAU players at Mac Irvin Fire and elsewhere, colleges, pros, etc....

It's certainly a very big challenge for Western Illinois. But I would say there is a legit chance with someone or some, yes. They will keep primarily getting in on under the radar players that are good enough to play as they have been doing since Rob Jeter Nick Irvin and others took over there.

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

I can understand how the Nesbitt recruitment reminds Illni fans of the C A Gordon recruitment and probably the Jordan Goodwin recruitment.  In all three cases (anticipating good news from JN)  a smallish "community college" kicked their butts.  I am pretty certain that the little "community college" would welcome a series of games with the big, bad Big Ten team from out in the sticks of a bankrupt state.

2 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

This is a delusional post even by Illini message board standards.  "Why doesn't Nesbitt loooove us????"

2 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Still better than that disaster Tigerboard...plus they have nudity.

15 minutes ago, bauman said:

I can understand how the Nesbitt recruitment reminds Illni fans of the C A Gordon recruitment and probably the Jordan Goodwin recruitment.  In all three cases (anticipating good news from JN)  a smallish "community college" kicked their butts.  I am pretty certain that the little "community college" would welcome a series of games with the big, bad Big Ten team from out in the sticks of a bankrupt state.

if you keep losing out to a community college, wouldnt you want to make that school sounds a little better than that? 

Not sure what to read into this but James White https://247sports.com/Player/James-White-46101081/ started following Tate, Stuen and Giacoletti on twitter in the past couple of days. Tate followed him yesterday.   I didn't even know we were recruiting him.  He came out with a top 12 a month ago of Florida St., Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Creighton, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Texas A&M and Xavier. In addition he started following staff members at Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse. His twitter account makes it appear he has reopened his recruitment and got a mizzou offer a couple of days ago.

the "community college" poke kind of triggered me.   that was really reaching and going low imo.   

i dont like underwood.   but he seems to fit with these classless fans of the illini