Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

so the risk here is that he lists a top 10 and later we see a top 5 with a couple schools that weren't in the original 10.

I for sure see this happening. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Nesbitt is cutting his list next week. 

With absolutely zero inside information, I feel like Nesbitt is local priority #1 for Ford and staff right now.  And from what we've seen out of Ford and staff so far, they get local Priority #1:  Goodwin, Gordon, and Okoro come to mind.

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

With absolutely zero inside information, I feel like Nesbitt is local priority #1 for Ford and staff right now.  And from what we've seen out of Ford and staff so far, they get local Priority #1:  Goodwin, Gordon, and Okoro come to mind.

Trying to save myself from going back and looking at the old 2019 recruiting thread, would you say Yuri/Hargrove were our priority #1 local recruiting targets in 2019? 

23 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Trying to save myself from going back and looking at the old 2019 recruiting thread, would you say Yuri/Hargrove were our priority #1 local recruiting targets in 2019? 

I was kind of trying to limit it to big name, program changing recruits. Not saying Yuri or Hargrove can’t be that. They were certainly both very highly regarded, but I don’t think either would’ve realistically be labeled a program changer. Maybe Okoro shouldn’t be considered that as a transfer, but I think he was definitely our top priority once he hit the transfer market. 

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The staff's batting average is extraordinarily high.

TOP LOCAL PRIORITIES BY YEAR

Jordan Goodwin

Carteare Gordon
Torrence Watson
Fred Thatch

Mario McKinney
Yuri Collins
Terrence Hargrove

Luke Kasubke
Davion Bradford

How hard were we going after Tilmon in 2017?  I remember there being a lot of chatter about him and us after he decommitted from Illinois, but it may have been just that- chatter. 

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

How hard were we going after Tilmon in 2017?  I remember there being a lot of chatter about him and us after he decommitted from Illinois, but it may have been just that- chatter. 

I didn't count Tilmon as local after he transferred to La Lumiere for his junior year.  By the time he transferred back to East St. Louis, the decision to go P5 had already been made.

11 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The staff's batting average is extraordinarily high.

TOP LOCAL PRIORITIES BY YEAR

Jordan Goodwin

Carteare Gordon
Torrence Watson
Fred Thatch

Mario McKinney
Yuri Collins
Terrence Hargrove

Luke Kasubke
Davion Bradford

9 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I was kind of trying to limit it to big name, program changing recruits. Not saying Yuri or Hargrove can’t be that. They were certainly both very highly regarded, but I don’t think either would’ve realistically be labeled a program changer. Maybe Okoro shouldn’t be considered that as a transfer, but I think he was definitely our top priority once he hit the transfer market. 

Thanks guys. Was wondering how you guys classified Yuri and TJ. Ford has definitely had a lot of local success, which makes me optimistic on guys like Nesbitt and Kern.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

I didn't count Tilmon as local after he transferred to La Lumiere for his junior year.  By the time he transferred back to East St. Louis, the decision to go P5 had already been made.

How much better do you Tilmon would be if he had come to SLU?

45 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I don’t think there is any doubt that Nesbitt is the staff’s top priority for this class. He has said that SLU has been recruiting him the hardest. Frank has mentioned that Coach Tate is in constant contact with him. 

Just now, BilliesBy40 said:

We really didn’t recruit McKinney very hard, which may have been the staff’s choice or because they knew he wasn’t interested. Regardless, he was never a top local target for us.

The staff went hard after McKinney for two years.  He was undoubtedly our top target during that time.  The Yuri you see now wasn't that guy until late in his junior year.

45 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

How much better do you Tilmon would be if he had come to SLU?

tillmon is almost a gordon clone.  classic underachiever.   been watching him in person since he was a high school freshman.

3 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Not quite...while he has been just ok, at least he is still at his original school. Nice try.

A top 50 consensus recruit who through 3 seasons has averaged just 8 points, 5 boards with suspect defense while fouling out of 21 games in his career is not really OK.  For reference French who is the most prolific fouler we have had in 40 years has only fouled out of 14 games.

Oh and the requisite DUI arrest since he does matriculate at SPUMAC.

BilliesBy40 likes this

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

A top 50 consensus recruit who through 3 seasons has averaged just 8 points, 5 boards with suspect defense while fouling out of 21 games in his career is not really OK.  For reference French who is the most prolific fouler we have had in 40 years has only fouled out of 14 games.

He compared Tillmon to Gordon which is ridiculous....and I loathe UMC

18 hours ago, thetorch said:

I mean I don't have much of an opinion on the kid. He'll likely finish his college career with 1000 points and 600 rebounds. Maybe not the ceiling everyone projected but that's solid. 

Drissa Traore, a forward from Harlem playing at Long Island Lutheran, committed to nearby St. John's. Had a SLU offer. Other than Illinois, St. John's is the only other power conference offer he had.

John Butler, Jr. committed to Florida State last week. He had announced his finalists recently and SLU (offer) wasn't among them.

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Memphis offered Nesbitt today.

The blue bloods are not offering Nesbitt, at least not on his timetable.

Penny is our major competition for him.  He has been working Nesbitt for a while and the offer was inevitable.  Penny doesn't make this offer this late without a very good chance that Nesbitt commits to him.