Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

1 minute ago, almaman said:

All this rosy info makes it highly likely we have no season as it is the way of the Billiken fan. Hope I'm wrong.

I’m not to far off from your perspective. I’m just hoping they have a backup plan, like moving the season to the spring. I’ve heard that’s at least being discussed for football.

TheChosenOne likes this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

What surgery did Goodwin have?

Minor hand surgery. He’s fine. As far as I know he’s fully recovered.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

if things did get back to normal I think I might prefer/hope for just pushing everything back a year. so next November all we are drooling over start as if 2020 didn't happen.impractical, and impossible 4sure but still. 

Hard to ask Goodwin/French/Perkins to delay starting their professional careers another whole year.  Agreed though, in a perfect world that would be best for our team.

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Hard to ask Goodwin/French/Perkins to delay starting their professional careers another whole year.  Agreed though, in a perfect world that would be best for our team.

oh right in the Orlando bubble with some more dorm quality food for another year

(as I type I thought maybe you are kidding since they all know their NBA chances are closer to ours than those that are drafted)

Just now, almaman said:

oh right in the Orlando bubble with some more dorm quality food for another year

(as I type I thought maybe you are kidding since they all know their NBA chances are closer to ours than those that are drafted)

I just said professional careers, not necessarily NBA.  Leagues will be playing in Europe, and all three are good enough to make a good amount of money over there.  May be tough to pass up for a whole year.

19 minutes ago, teamarete said:

Yeah, because Seattle, New York, Arizona and California are/were doing a great job.

New York is at least improving. Over the weekend the had their first day with no Covid deaths in months. But we’ve got 33 states with rising infection rates. It’s hard to say anyone is doing much better than anyone else right now. Unfortunately.

RUBillsFan likes this

12 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

New York is at least improving. Over the weekend the had their first day with no Covid deaths in months. But we’ve got 33 states with rising infection rates. It’s hard to say anyone is doing much better than anyone else right now. Unfortunately.

A coherent and consistent national response like many other countries implemented would have helped.

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

A coherent and consistent national response like many other countries implemented would have helped.

You’ll get no argument from me there. New Zealand has essentially no cases. Germany has a daily infection rate of about 150. Sweden has a daily infection rate of about 250. Florida alone has a daily infection rate of about 15,000. That’s more than all but about 3 or 4 countries in the world. It is indisputable that the United States has been doing, and continues to do, something(s) wrong. The fact that America is so far behind all these other countries in infection rates is inexcusable. That’s not a political statement. It’s a fact.

37 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

You’ll get no argument from me there. New Zealand has essentially no cases. Germany has a daily infection rate of about 150. Sweden has a daily infection rate of about 250. Florida alone has a daily infection rate of about 15,000. That’s more than all but about 3 or 4 countries in the world. It is indisputable that the United States has been doing, and continues to do, something(s) wrong. The fact that America is so far behind all these other countries in infection rates is inexcusable. That’s not a political statement. It’s a fact.

Close this thread. 😎

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

Close this thread. 😎

Lol. I know you’re just kidding here, but in all honesty, in this particular situation, politics are irrelevant to me. A lot of people made mistakes, INCLUDING MYSELF. I may never have said it publicly or posted it on this board, but in the earliest days of Coronavirus, I never thought we’d find ourselves in the position we find ourselves in now. At this point, I don’t care who finds a solution. I don’t care what their political affiliations are. But we just can’t keep trudging down this same path. It’s just simply not working. Something has to change. It just has to.

23 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Lol. I know you’re just kidding here, but in all honesty, in this particular situation, politics are irrelevant to me. A lot of people made mistakes, INCLUDING MYSELF. I may never have said it publicly or posted it on this board, but in the earliest days of Coronavirus, I never thought we’d find ourselves in the position we find ourselves in now. At this point, I don’t care who finds a solution. I don’t care what their political affiliations are. But we just can’t keep trudging down this same path. It’s just simply not working. Something has to change. It just has to.

When you're dealing with millions of people, there has to be a political solution.  Nobody else has the authority.  Good governance makes all the things we care about possible, including having a basketball season.  

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

When you're dealing with millions of people, there has to be a political solution.  Nobody else has the authority.  Good governance makes all the things we care about possible, including having a basketball season.  

Oh of course. I just meant that my comments weren’t motivated by my inevitable personal political biases. Of course, any solution will have to come through political processes.  Sorry if that was unclear.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Oh of course. I just meant that my comments weren’t motivated by my inevitable personal political biases. Of course, any solution will have to come through political processes.  Sorry if that was unclear.

I’m also not excusing the mistakes myself or anyone else has made in the past. All I’m saying is, what we’re doing as a country right now is not working. It’s not helping. And, in all likelihood, it’s making things worse. That’s the reality no matter which side of the aisle you find yourself. So something has to change. I don’t care who or what fixes it, or whether or not I agree with them politically. We just need a solution. Fast.