Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s a duel interview with Nesbitt and Kern. It doesn’t really go into a ton of detail about recruiting but they discuss it around the 10:00 mark. Sounds like they’re friends with each other. Hopefully they would be interested in playing college ball together.

Is that when the one touche'd by the sword has to answer the next question?

"Dual."

Sheltiedave likes this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see this posted anywhere but Brandon Murray. 6'5" SG from Baltimore who had a SLU offer has reclassified to class of 2021 and will take a prep year at IMG Academy.

Joshua Beadle - PG, 6-4, 170 - Columbia, SC (Cardinal Newman) - AAU: Upward Stars SE - Twitter: @joshuabeadle23
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, Wake Forest, East Tennessee State, Furman, Wofford, Charleston, Elon, UNC-Wilmington, Charleston Southern, Presbyterian, South Carolina Upstate, North Carolina A&T.

Interest: Butler, St. John's, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Iowa State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Memphis, Cincinnati, Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina, Air Force, Penn, Loyola-Chicago, Belmont, Morehead State, Toledo, Charlotte, Marshall, Western Carolina, Chattanooga, Louisiana, Georgia State, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Holy Cross, William & Mary, Winthrop, Florida Gulf Coast, Stetson, Liberty, Utah Valley, South Carolina State.

Latest News: Beadle received offers from SLU and VCU. (5/7/20)

Scouting Report: Beadle is a smooth, unselfish, playmaking lefty PG. He has a high basketball IQ and great vision and passing ability, finding his teammates in transition and the half court. He's speedy with the ball in his hands and can finish with either hand. He scores on all three levels, too, and therefore projects at either guard position. He plays with good awareness at both ends and is tough and hard working.

-Being a local kid, he's on South Carolina's radar and has been on campus and to Clemson, Western Carolina, East Carolina, and a few other places. He missed about five weeks this season due to an ankle injury but came back and helped Cardinal Newman to a second straight state title. He got a Wake Forest offer from the new staff there and said he wants to visit when campuses reopen; it's his highest profile offer to date. Kid's a winner. I like the offer.

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Clarence Rupert has been offered by SLU

He’s a big boy. Verbal Commits has him 6’8 245. Most of his offers are mid-major level, not that that necessarily matters.

Clarence Rupert - PF, 6-8, 245 - Norfolk, VA (Miller School of Albemarle) - AAU: Boo Williams (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Clarence24Kobe
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, Clemson, Georgia, Temple, Murray State, Old Dominion, Saint Peter's, Rider, Towson, Bryant, Hampton, Norfolk State.

Interest: VCU, George Mason, Marquette, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Tulsa, Princeton, Kent State, Illinois-Chicago, Youngstown State, VMI, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Southeastern Louisiana, Iona, Marist, Delaware, UNC-Wilmington, James Madison, UMBC, UNC-Asheville, Mount St. Mary's, North Carolina Central, North Carolina A&T, Maryland-Eastern Shore.

Latest News: Rupert received offers from SLU and Clemson. (5/8/20)

Scouting Report: Rupert is a versatile two way big man with a surprising skill set. He's effective in the post but can step out and shoot it. He creates mismatches with his athleticism and fluidity everywhere. He's a strong rebounder at both ends, an intimidating shot blocker, and he finishes hard. He plays smart at both ends, knows how to switch defensively, and is efficient and hard working. He has a big, broad frame with good length but moves really well. He transferred from Maury HS in Norfolk to the Miller School after his sophomore year.

-Offers for 2021 and beyond are starting to add up in the Hampton Roads area. Bailey seems to be the coach working that pipeline, although Rupert was a HS teammate of Gibson Jimerson's brother Gabe this past season. Old Dominion appears to be his only official visit so far. He only played the 5 at Maury but has been used anywhere from 3-5 at Miller.

slufanskip likes this

11 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

He’s a big boy. Verbal Commits has him 6’8 245. Most of his offers are mid-major level, not that that necessarily 

247 has him at 6'6", 215.  Rivals at 6'7", 215.  You won't really know until he signs.

Just now, WVBilliken said:

247 has him at 6'6", 215.  Rivals at 6'7", 215.  You won't really know until he signs.

It's hard to say which of these has updated most recently whenever I put these profiles together. I tend to pick the higher end because sometimes they put these initial profiles together when the kid is a freshman or sophomore and he's a different size as a junior or senior. There is one reference to Rupert shedding some weight - I'm guessing he's a little under 245 but still closer to that than 215.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Clarence Rupert - PF, 6-8, 245 - Norfolk, VA (Miller School of Albemarle) - AAU: Boo Williams (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Clarence24Kobe
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, Clemson, Georgia, Temple, Murray State, Old Dominion, Saint Peter's, Rider, Towson, Bryant, Hampton, Norfolk State.

Interest: VCU, George Mason, Marquette, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Tulsa, Princeton, Kent State, Illinois-Chicago, Youngstown State, VMI, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Southeastern Louisiana, Iona, Marist, Delaware, UNC-Wilmington, James Madison, UMBC, UNC-Asheville, Mount St. Mary's, North Carolina Central, North Carolina A&T, Maryland-Eastern Shore.

Latest News: Rupert received offers from SLU and Clemson. (5/8/20)

Scouting Report: Rupert is a versatile two way big man with a surprising skill set. He's effective in the post but can step out and shoot it. He creates mismatches with his athleticism and fluidity everywhere. He's a strong rebounder at both ends, an intimidating shot blocker, and he finishes hard. He plays smart at both ends, knows how to switch defensively, and is efficient and hard working. He has a big, broad frame with good length but moves really well. He transferred from Maury HS in Norfolk to the Miller School after his sophomore year.

-Offers for 2021 and beyond are starting to add up in the Hampton Roads area. Bailey seems to be the coach working that pipeline, although Rupert was a HS teammate of Gibson Jimerson's brother Gabe this past season. Old Dominion appears to be his only official visit so far. He only played the 5 at Maury but has been used anywhere from 3-5 at Miller.

-reads like he would be a good get

slufanskip likes this

I know Billiken fans can sometimes complain about being the far West team in the A-10, but I cannot imagine we would be on the radars of guys like Beadle and Rupert if we weren't in the A-10.  The East coast isn't a bad place to have exposure for your program.

3 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I know Billiken fans can sometimes complain about being the far West team in the A-10, but I cannot imagine we would be on the radars of guys like Beadle and Rupert if we weren't in the A-10.  The East coast isn't a bad place to have exposure for your program.

Would SLU have been on Hasahn French's radar without being in an East-coast league?

i think a lot of the thinking to going to the A10 when we first moved there was to give more of an east coast impression to prospective students to possibly notice Saint Louis University.   i seem to remember a large % of our student population comes from the atlantic region.  

24 minutes ago, NH said:

Not sure what the deal with this is, but Nesbitt posted a pic with 15 schools listed and we weren't on there. Hope it was a mix-up or something. Either way, I'm sure Travis will fill that spot just fine.

https://twitter.com/jneszz/status/1258860028154576905?s=20

If this really is a finalist list, I’m truly surprised SLU isn’t on it. I was recently told that SLU had a really good shot to get him. Either this really isn’t a list of finalists or my source really misread the situation.

1 minute ago, SLURadioBoy said:

If this really is a finalist list, I’m truly surprised SLU isn’t on it. I was recently told that SLU had a really good shot to get him. Either this really isn’t a list of finalists or my source really misread the situation.

I'm not "in the know," but if I get anything from looking at this list it's that 1) Nesbitt wants to go away from home for college. 2) wants to go to a big school.

1 hour ago, NH said:

Not sure what the deal with this is, but Nesbitt posted a pic with 15 schools listed and we weren't on there. Hope it was a mix-up or something. Either way, I'm sure Travis will fill that spot just fine.

https://twitter.com/jneszz/status/1258860028154576905?s=20

This may be a recent offer list or new programs showing interest. He captioned it with a fire emoji. If it was a final list I would think he would say so.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

This may be a recent offer list or new programs showing interest. He captioned it with a fire emoji. If it was a final list I would think he would say so.

According to Verbal Commits, almost all of those schools offered about 2 days ago. My guess is it’s a list of recent offers, not a final list. Just a tweet showing how his recruitment is blowing up.

My sense on 2021 is that for it to be a local windfall, Nesbitt or Kern need to commit in the next 6-8 weeks. Then there's a domino effect, where an additional local kid gets in, and maybe a third does on the basis of the herd effect.

I imagine if Ford fills all three schollies on the Fall signing date, the message will be loud and clear to 2022 class: get in early, because a SLU scholarship might not be open forever. And if Larry Hughes Jr. declares for SLU in March 2021, it will send a resounding message for the rest of the 2022 guys. 

This is all to say that Nesbitt is probably the most pivotal recruit since Goodwin. If Nesbitt comes to SLU as a legit 4* prospect with insane offers, it will produce some powerful waves that give Ford a tremendous position of strength for 2021, 2022, and 2023. 

13 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

According to Verbal Commits, almost all of those schools offered about 2 days ago. My guess is it’s a list of recent offers, not a final list. Just a tweet showing how his recruitment is blowing up.

If Verbal Commits is accurate, I don’t think he even has offers from all of these schools yet. Some of these might be schools that have shown interest. With that said, his interest and offers are definitely picking up steam.