Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Saint Louis Christian vs Vashon.  Jordan Nesbitt #5 for those who haven't seen him.  It was Senior Night for Vashon so Kerns didn't play as much but he made the highlights as well.

#3?

The rematch of De Smet and CBC is 6pm tonight at Parkway Central, this time for the district title.  Back in January, De Smet's twin towers Gassama and Keita shut down the middle and De Smet won going away. Two weeks ago Caleb Love went off for 36 points and helped CBC put the game away early.  Larry Hughes has been totally ineffective in both games.  He may be still a year away from being able to handle De Smet's high school version of bully ball.

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

The rematch of De Smet and CBC is 6pm tonight at Parkway Central, this time for the district title.  Back in January, De Smet's twin towers Gassama and Keita shut down the middle and De Smet won going away. Two weeks ago Caleb Love went off for 36 points and helped CBC put the game away early.  Larry Hughes has been totally ineffective in both games.  He may be still a year away from being able to handle De Smet's high school version of bully ball.

Bully ball?

DeSmet won by 16 the first game. The 2nd game, CBC won by 7. It was a one possession game with two minutes left. (Two opposite halves) And today is the third game. There are about 6-8 schools this season, all at a similar level that could defeat one another on a different night. These are two of them.

Kern was at the game again last night. Phil Russell and Cam'ron Fletcher were also there. I believe they had another person with them but couldn't tell who it was from 208. At least the second game that the three of them came. They were at the VCU game as well. I like that even though Phil and Cam'ron aren't coming here they still attend games. Truthfully I feel like Chaifetz should be an open door for local talent. I know they partly came to see Yuri play on his birthday. Just nice to have some kids from the nieghborhood feeling comfortable watching the home town team play ball. 

CBFan and Zink like this

28 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Kern was at the game again last night. Phil Russell and Cam'ron Fletcher were also there. I believe they had another person with them but couldn't tell who it was from 208. At least the second game that the three of them came. They were at the VCU game as well. I like that even though Phil and Cam'ron aren't coming here they still attend games. Truthfully I feel like Chaifetz should be an open door for local talent. I know they partly came to see Yuri play on his birthday. Just nice to have some kids from the nieghborhood feeling comfortable watching the home town team play ball. 

Even if they do not sign attending enjoying the game and talking about the game with their peers is a good thing for SLU.  All current and former local recruits and players please be part of team Blue.

If coach Ford sticks around for a long time the program will be successful, draw huge crowds and become the Gonzaga of the Midwest.

12 hours ago, hmart23 said:

Jordan Nesbitt was the other player with Kern and Fletcher.  He was their with his coach from SLCA.  The coach comes to almost every game.

9 hours ago, Billfan7 said:

Jordan Nesbitt was the other player with Kern and Fletcher.  He was their with his coach from SLCA.  The coach comes to almost every game.

The local kids and coaches have to love what they have been watching team blue play at a high and entertaining level of basketball the last 3 home games.

One thing I have noticed this season, no one is complaining about fast break calamities this season, they actually finish breaks quite well.

BIG BILL FAN and HenryB like this

15 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The local kids and coaches have to love what they have been watching team blue play at a high and entertaining level of basketball the last 3 home games.

One thing I have noticed this season, no one is complaining about fast break calamities this season, they actually finish breaks quite well.

There was a stretch there where a 2 on 1 was a wild ride. The team has definitely improved upon it though 

Just curious: but can someone cut through the hundreds of posts and just take a stab at listing some of the top recruits of 2021, that we might actually snag this summer/ fall?? Which are the ones we have a strong chance at signing?  Any serious buzz about any of them??  Intuitions?  Heart throb wish lists that may actually happen??

More ambitiously; are there any that are comparable to a Goodwin-type stud who will come in and help lead the program for the next 4 years?

18 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Just curious: but can someone cut through the hundreds of posts and just take a stab at listing some of the top recruits of 2021. the ones that we might actually snag this summer/ fall?? Which are the ones we have a strong chance at signing?  Any serious buzz about any of them??  Intuitions?  Heart throb wish lists that may actually happen??

More ambitiously; are there any that are comparable to a Goodwin-type stud who will come in and help lead the program for the next 4 years?

-no, he is such unique player I wonder if we will ever see another at SLU, enjoy him while we can

22 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Just curious: but can someone cut through the hundreds of posts and just take a stab at listing some of the top recruits of 2021. the ones that we might actually snag this summer/ fall?? Which are the ones we have a strong chance at signing?  Any serious buzz about any of them??  Intuitions?  Heart throb wish lists that may actually happen??

Cusumano has been talking about Kern and Nesbitt and mutual interest for quite some time. The fact they were reportedly at the game on Saturday supports that claim. I've heard great things about Nesbitt, but I have not seen a lot of video. Not sure how they compare to Goodwin, but both sound like they would be contributors from Day 1.

and ps: I don't mean a recruit with a game exactly like Goodwin; but a potentially great Div. I player or 2 with one or more elite skills that can also be a tough leader, like JG or HF, that we can build the future around?  I agree that JG and HF are both very unusual players; but can we expect more truly elite talent and effort and toughness that is comparable?  Always hard to predict, of course... but we have those very big shoes to fill next fall...

I was struck Saturday night when Coach Ford singled those 2 out after the game as great leaders... we need to somehow replace them!